Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-18-2015, 09:15 AM   #121
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Omestes Quote
I actually just finished getting my 3 primes for both my camera systems, and I feel a very odd sense of accomplishment (which confuses my girlfriend to no end). On the Pentax I got the 15, 40, and 77, and on m43 I got a 12, a 25 (just came today!), and a 45, all of which are small enough to fit in a bag. With my camera bag I can actually fit the full m43 kit, and the two extra Pentax lenses in, without it being cumbersome.

Three primes is pretty much the way to go. Unless, of course, you're a zoom person (I'm not, nothing to do with perceived quality, for some reason I just don't enjoy them), and you're either lucky, or need 3 zooms.
I have a Lowe Pro compact camera case I bought for using a X100 I borrowed and it is a slip lock case so it fits on my belt and I got a small Lowe Pro case that can be used either as a shoulder bag or with its slip lock on the belt. I can then take my K5iis and three lense with me with the gear all on my belt. I am looking for something a little handier than the camera case, maybe a quick release holder for my belt but the beauty of Pentax is one can have such a compact sytstem with high quality.

06-18-2015, 10:29 AM   #122
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
"Maybe we should all try to simplify and care just a little bit less about the gear. Find the three lenses that work for us, grab a body or two, and just go shoot."
This. All day, this. Forever this and nothing but this.
06-21-2015, 09:01 AM   #123
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
It had a nice little mention in this months POPULAR PHOTOGRAPHY July 2015,
Called the Star Shooter ... Lets you capture the Night Sky without streaks by Combining built in GPS with the Pentax Sensor-Shifting Image Stabilization System
Plus it can move the sensor ever so slightly and combine 4 captures into one Ultra-High Resolution Image.

Cool