Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 17 Likes Search this Thread
05-12-2015, 02:40 PM   #1
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
B&H ad plugs k-3II

The weekly B&H ad has a plug for the k-3II. Nothing really special about that, it has ads for a lot of other cameras as well. What struck me was the text of the display ad. Well written and gushing about Pentax. Maybe nothing exciting but I thought it was well done.

QuoteQuote:
The new Pentax K-3 II's advanced features, image quality, ruggedness, and performance will be no surprise to Pentax loyalists. Those photographers have known that Pentax's DSLR cameras have been at the technological forefront for years. As these Pentax shooters are out making great photos, they do so confidently, knowing that their cameras have unique and useful built-in features that even the top-level professional cameras from the major competitors do not have at their disposal.
Pentax K-3 II DSLR Camera (Body Only) 16160 B&H Photo Video

The Pentax K-3 II | explora

05-12-2015, 02:56 PM - 1 Like   #2
Veteran Member

Hoorah B&H! It is of course expected that they're going to do anything they can to sell the camera, as any
good salesperson should. You'd hardly expect them to say, "Another odd mix of features while still coming
short on video performance, from also ran manufacturer, Pentax.". That's where DPReview comes in...

Nonetheless, that's a pretty unabashed endorsement for the K-3 II as an alternative to the 'major competitors',
especially considering they probably sell a few hundred Canon/Nikon bodies for every Pentax that goes out
the door.
05-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some pretty obnoxious comments, to which Todd responds with enthusiasm for the camera. Some people just have to be negative, I guess.
05-12-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tvdtvdtvd Quote
"Another odd mix of features while still coming short on video performance, from also ran manufacturer, Pentax."
Not bad, not bad. But I'd probably go with something short and sweet, like:

"The new Pentax K-3 II. Where the heck is the flash?"

05-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #5
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
We need some early adopters to test for reviews
05-12-2015, 06:10 PM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
We need some early adopters to test for reviews

We're all waiting on the full frame. It is a curious strategy to tease the FF so early and then release the APS-C. Who's going to buy it? It's at least worth waiting to see what the FF will cost, and the K-3II will be cheaper in the interim.
05-12-2015, 06:15 PM - 1 Like   #7
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by konraDarnok Quote
It is a curious strategy to tease the FF so early and then release the APS-C.
Reassures all the APS-C owners that they're not being abandoned, KD.

There was that fear from some posters at the time of the FF announcement.

05-12-2015, 06:22 PM   #8
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

It might be 12 months or more until i decide on FF, but maybe the K-3II in the interim

Last edited by beachgardener; 05-12-2015 at 08:30 PM.
05-12-2015, 06:24 PM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Some pretty obnoxious comments, to which Todd responds with enthusiasm for the camera. Some people just have to be negative, I guess.
Where are those comments, may I ask ?
05-12-2015, 06:25 PM   #10
mee
Veteran Member

We're all waiting on the full frame. It is a curious strategy to tease the FF so early and then release the APS-C. Who's going to buy it? It's at least worth waiting to see what the FF will cost, and the K-3II will be cheaper in the interim.
Yes however FF will be at least another $500 more no doubt. In the meantime the K-3II will lower in price.. or have stuff bundled with it.. by BF it should be interesting. Meanwhile, I suspect heavily that the FF body will NOT be discounted or bundled with other items for quite some time.

I wouldn't mind upgrading from my K-5ii to a K-3ii if the price was right even though I'd strongly prefer the FF body in theory.
05-12-2015, 06:31 PM   #11
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the rest of the market is anything to go by, it'll be 1 out of 10 Pentax DSLR buyers who opt for the 35FF body, so the other 9 will buy one of the APS-C bodies. We'll probably see a surge of existing Pentax users who will, I imagine, be adding the 35FF to their existing collection of DSLR bodies, as the bulk of the first wave. Others will wait on the release of new lenses before buying.

I think most of us have figured out by now that the APS-C format is an advantage at the long end of Focal Lengths, and conversely for the remainder, so we'll be looking to keep both formats. Instead of buying a new APS-C body every two years, we'll probably alternate over the same or a different cycle.
05-12-2015, 06:54 PM   #12
Veteran Member

Who's going to buy it?
If I hadn't just upgraded to the K-3 six months ago, I'd buy it. I'm certainly interested in the FF, but
not clamoring for it. I'll likely get a FF body at some point, though it definitely won't be at launch and
may not even be first generation.
05-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #13
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by jpzk Quote
Where are those comments, may I ask ?
The comments on the B&H review page attached to the bottom of the review itself.
05-12-2015, 07:21 PM   #14
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The comments on the B&H review page attached to the bottom of the review itself.
Great ... Thanks !
05-13-2015, 01:40 AM   #15
Veteran Member

The negative comments in Todd's review crack me up. The sad reality is that most of them are probably teenagers whose knowledge of DSLRs and photography is derived from spec sheets and forum posts. I'm keen to handle one in store.