Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
05-14-2015, 06:46 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Official Pentax Forums 2015 T-Shirts: Second Sale + New Designs

The official Pentax Forums shirts for 2015 proved to be extremely popular with over 200 sold, so I've decided to do a second shirt sale featuring the two most popular designs as well as a three unique derivatives. The shirts that are a part of this sale are pictured below (all are one-sided).

Order here: Official Pentax Forums Shirts | Teespring

After receiving my own shipment of shirts shortly after the first sale ended, I was very happy with the print/material quality as well as the overall turnaround time, so I think we've found ourselves an excellent shirt printer which is much better than what we used in the past. Other members seem to be satisfied as well (see below).

This will most likely be the final sale of these designs, so don't miss out! Orders will be accepted through May 28th.

Remember that each shirt purchase helps support the forum, and anyone who orders two or more shirts will be entitled to free marketplace access (please send upgrade requests via PM).

If you've already gotten your tee, feel free to share your thoughts/selfies below:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/14-general-talk/294392-tees-here.html

Thanks for looking and thanks in advance for your support. I hope you guys enjoy your shirts and I hope you like the two new designs that are available this time around (the ones on the left)!

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-14-2015, 07:16 AM   #2
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
Received mine a couple weeks ago. Didn't shrink much at all (2x) and fits well. Picking up another one after I post this.
05-14-2015, 07:31 AM   #3
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

No women's sizes on this batch?
05-14-2015, 07:48 AM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Shame you didn't provide alternate colours to the two shirts that featured in the first sale as well. Esp. since the original design proposal for the P-design was a dark grey, it would have been nice to have seen at least that. I would have ordered one or two of that. I did order and receive the light grey from the first batch and was very happy with it, albeit I'm not into the light grey colour necessarily.

Wim

05-14-2015, 08:32 AM   #5
Veteran Member

The White on Red variant looks fantastic and is tempting. I ordered the original Red on White version in the first
offering, (along with the big "P"). I was very pleased with the print quality on the shirts but a little underwhelmed
with the weight of the fabric. Quite honestly, they feel like $6 t-shirts. Quality $6 t-shirts to be sure, but a bit
pricy at $20. I imagine there's considerable sample variation between sizes and colors, as I received two different
manufactures in my initial order. Both shirts were 'medium', FWIW.

I will wear the shirts with pride but I suspect they'll not prove quite as rugged, for example, as the heavy cotton
shirts I got from the Archie Bray for the same money.
05-14-2015, 09:43 AM - 1 Like   #6
Veteran Member

Great! I'm gonna get one of those red ones with the K-mount. B.A. :-) Thanks, Adam!
05-14-2015, 09:47 AM   #7
Closed Account

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
Great! I'm gonna get one of those red ones with the K-mount. B.A. :-) Thanks, Adam!
Same -- just ordered one. I have the black one on the far right, and I like it a lot

05-14-2015, 10:46 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
The women's sizes were available when I ordered mine just now? There is a drop-down box at the right when you click on the design you want to order.
05-14-2015, 10:47 AM   #9
Veteran Member

Sheepishly but honestly, I feel a need to partially rescind my comments above. I just pulled my two new Pentax
Forum shirts from the dryer after their very first wash. The grey Pentax "P" now feels indistinguishable from any
other t-shirt I own. I can only guess that the wash has removed sizing, and/or, roughed up the fibers, creating a
fluffier feel, and/or, the fibers have shrunk just a little resulting in a denser, heavier feel. In other words, it now
feels like a $12 t-shirt. (There is no such thing as a genuine $20 t-shirt, only over priced $12 and under t-shirts .

The Red on White lens mount however still feels quite sheer and light weight, albeit, just a little fluffier.
05-14-2015, 11:01 AM   #10
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by severalsnakes Quote
The women's sizes were available when I ordered mine just now? There is a drop-down box at the right when you click on the design you want to order.
Dang! That's the second time I've missed that drop-down showing women's! I just saw "unisex" and men's sizes.

Thank you!
05-14-2015, 02:00 PM   #11
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by csa Quote
There should be. I'll double-check.

Adam

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
05-14-2015, 02:08 PM   #12
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Ishpuini Quote
Shame you didn't provide alternate colours to the two shirts that featured in the first sale as well. Esp. since the original design proposal for the P-design was a dark grey, it would have been nice to have seen at least that. I would have ordered one or two of that. I did order and receive the light grey from the first batch and was very happy with it, albeit I'm not into the light grey colour necessarily.

Wim
I've gone ahead and added a darker color option:
2015 PF Shirt - Design 1a | Teespring

The very dark color that was featured in the poll isn't offered by the shirt printer, and I'm afraid that in practice, the design would hardly be visible anyway.

As for the weight of the fabric: the shirt type should be indicated at the time you place your order. The dark grey P design uses a higher-quality shirt and is therefore costs $1 more.

Personally I prefer the tagless tees, though.

Adam

05-14-2015, 02:09 PM   #13
csa
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
There should be. I'll double-check.
Adam, there are listed; I simply again missed the pull-down.
05-14-2015, 05:56 PM   #14
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Glad to see, and have ordered, #2a & #4a

At this time, #4a requires a few more to reach minimum quantity.
05-14-2015, 06:05 PM   #15
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
Glad to see, and have ordered, #2a & #4a

At this time, #4a requires a few more to reach minimum quantity.
I'm sure that once we officially announce the sale, all the shirts will have more than enough orders to print

Adam