Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-02-2015, 02:30 AM   #16

GX or GR, or GXR

QuoteOriginally posted by 6BQ5 Quote
Actually, if Ricoh could swing two product lines, a GR *and* a GX then I would be mightily impressed!
Morning all, longtime lurker and lens database user here.

I got tired of waiting for Ricoh to produce a successor to the GX200, and jealous of the GR owners prime IQ, so I bought a GXR with A10 24-72 and A12 28mm units. Best of both worlds?

Not quite. The A10 has too much NR going on to try to squash the noisy chroma aberrations of the old 1/1.7" CCD, and the setup with 28mm on is a lot bigger and heavier than a pocketable GR. I can live with the latter, but I do miss the GX200's zoom-in-a-pocket neatness.

As a current compromise, I've just bought an MX-1 of the 'bay, hopefully arriving in the post today. My Q will probably see less use now, mainly for birding trips with my nice sharp Tokina 135mm lens.

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
adorama, gr, pentax news, pentax rumors, ricoh, ricoh gr