Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-09-2015, 12:46 AM   #616
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
I know, but "FP shutter" does not stop action any better compared to sync-speed, even if you increase the shutter speed.
That's not true. It stops every tiny little bit of picture when curtains move - just not all of them in the same time. So yes, it freezes the movement, but gives distortion with some types of it. It is still usable in common situations which is what every sport/action shooter knows.

06-09-2015, 12:53 AM   #617
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by jonlg Quote
I'm as loyal to Pentax as anyone but I have to say calling a new flash system a 'game changer' and revolutionary is a ridiculous level of hype for a high speed flash system with similar features to dozens of others on the market. Quite honestly my Canon friend will laugh at me for even discussing this with him beforehand. Misdirected, Over-hyped, a big fail and does nothing to enhance the credibility of Pentax. Launching it with the news that 'Exciting news for studio shooters' would have been more appropriate than leading thousands of us to believe that this was as important as the creation of the single lens reflex!
Why are you blaming Pentax?
06-09-2015, 12:56 AM - 1 Like   #618
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jonlg Quote
I'm as loyal to Pentax as anyone but I have to say calling a new flash system a 'game changer' and revolutionary is a ridiculous level of hype for a high speed flash system with similar features to dozens of others on the market. Quite honestly my Canon friend will laugh at me for even discussing this with him beforehand. Misdirected, Over-hyped, a big fail and does nothing to enhance the credibility of Pentax. Launching it with the news that 'Exciting news for studio shooters' would have been more appropriate than leading thousands of us to believe that this was as important as the creation of the single lens reflex!

I hope that lessons have been learned...

Jonlg
I'm sorry, but if you needed this lesson to learn how to understand marketing speech, and especially hyperboled from a forum that wants to generate clicks, then - welcome to the internet of 2015.
06-09-2015, 12:57 AM   #619
Veteran Member

Result of this marketing-hype: Reconfirmed Pentax-scepticism amongst many. I've just put an extra question mark behind their FF promises.

06-09-2015, 12:58 AM   #620

Photos: Gallery | Albums
not as revolutionary as the one might have expected, but that changes a lot in deed, if the prices were more affordable, then that is quite a good and amazing thing!
So the positive news are that Pentax is getting interest from other companies too! Ricoh is doing something good! So the one of few most criticized lacking of Pentax cameras is somewhat solved.

Now its time to make hardware of same or better level like Samsung NX 1 to handle 4K video and focus peaking and zebras while recording, capabilities to not only output clean HDMI but also HD video broadcast via wifi or some other interface live while recording, and voila, a perfect camera for everyone!
06-09-2015, 01:07 AM   #621
Veteran Member

What a joke !

I hate that kind of superlative marketing shit !
06-09-2015, 01:15 AM - 1 Like   #622
Pentaxian

In that case you'd better stop navigate on the internet, and concentrate on newspapers and books !

06-09-2015, 01:16 AM   #623
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
I've just put an extra question mark behind their FF promises.
It is hard to avoid doing so.

But in defence of Ricoh, since CP+ they have thrown up a total wall-of-silence about FF, and have promised exactly nothing about FF (despite the much appreciated work of kenspo).

As to this whole new flash business, if it was RF wireless P-TTL, or generally had some consumer-level relevance, maybe I would be interested.
06-09-2015, 01:16 AM   #624
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Result of this marketing-hype: Reconfirmed Pentax-scepticism amongst many. I've just put an extra question mark behind their FF promises.
I don't understand this «cause - consequence» shortcut....
06-09-2015, 01:19 AM   #625
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Interesting announcement for a very small subset of users. Nothing to blame Pentax for - but the credibility of the poster and Pentax Forums takes a hit. SIGH.
06-09-2015, 01:22 AM - 4 Likes   #626
Veteran Member

Some people have problems with understanding, that Ricoh USA is NOT a part of the Pentax system in the same way as Ricoh Japan and Ricoh Europe is. Ricoh USA is only as distributor of Pentax. So this announcement have nothing to do with Pentax. So stop the negativity around Pentax in this case. This is a deal/thing that Ricoh USA have done 100% on their own. And please keep the FF out of this disqussion, cause the FF is progressing well and will come..and THAT will be a game changer.
06-09-2015, 01:25 AM   #627
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
As to this whole new flash business, if it was RF wireless P-TTL, or generally had some consumer-level relevance, maybe I would be interested
The most important thing that the RF P-TTL would be useful for is the HSS (no remote power control or group control in the P-TTL system so far) and this is a HSS and remote power/group control solution, beside of being much more powerful and using Bowens mount modifiers.
06-09-2015, 01:29 AM - 2 Likes   #628
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
So stop the negativity around Pentax in this case.
Hear, hear! I just don't understand the mentality of some people who profess to be Pentax supporters, yet take every possible opportunity to rubbish Pentax. Even spurious opportunities like this one, which is the promotion by an independent photographer of a product that has nothing to do with Ricoh beyond the fact that it is an exciting development for Pentax users who need to use high shutter speeds in the field. Seriously, what is wrong with you people?
06-09-2015, 01:30 AM   #629
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
In that case you'd better stop navigate on the internet, and concentrate on newspapers and books !
I only get my informations from very few sites, PentaxForum among them. I dont read newspapers anymore.

QuoteOriginally posted by johnc Quote
Interesting announcement for a very small subset of users. Nothing to blame Pentax for - but the credibility of the poster and Pentax Forums takes a hit. SIGH.
I dont blame Pentax either but I agree with you about the Poster and Pentax Forum...

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Some people have problems with understanding, that Ricoh USA is NOT a part of the Pentax system in the same way as Ricoh Japan and Ricoh Europe is. Ricoh USA is only as distributor of Pentax. So this announcement have nothing to do with Pentax. So stop the negativity around Pentax in this case. This is a deal/thing that Ricoh USA have done 100% on their own. And please keep the FF out of this disqussion, cause the FF is progressing well and will come..and THAT will be a game changer.
If you said that the FF will be a game changer, and you being on my confident source for Pentax gear, I'd say....bring on the FF dammit !
06-09-2015, 01:41 AM   #630
Veteran Member

I'm very proud to be a pentaxian, and I think Ricoh is brought Pentax back in business. But for many of us, this announcement is irrelevant because we need from third party producers just some decent triggers in order to do HSS. I don't have 4.000$ to spent on 2 Priolite strobe, so like I said before, it is a game changer for to little pentaxians (maybe for the ones that use 645Z).