Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 187 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2015, 12:26 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Sandy Hancock Quote
Full professional support?
Deal with major retailers worldwide?
The hype seems to be about some technology.
Maybe this Alex Munoz guy just discovered the pixel-shift feature in his K-3 II.

06-06-2015, 12:27 AM   #17
Pentaxian

Please Adam, what is the relation btw Munoz and Ricoh ?
06-06-2015, 12:30 AM - 1 Like   #18
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Please Adam, what is the relation btw Munoz and Ricoh ?
Alex Munoz: Medium Format Pentaxian - Pentaxian Profiles | PentaxForums.com

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-06-2015, 12:40 AM   #19
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Steve.Ledger Quote
Not sure I understand how seats can be limited for a Web Presentation?
Limited server capacity?

But of course, it also lays on the hype.

06-06-2015, 12:41 AM   #20

If you look at the application forms final question "What Camera System are you primarily using?" you'll see

Canon
Nikon
Sony
Pentax
PhaseOne
Others

So they aren't interested in Fuji or Olympus customers but instead their biggest FF competitors/PhaseOne owners. I guess it will be something which is aimed to disrupt their high-end full-format/medium format competitors. So something like phase-shift for 645 D...or the FF thing....or something else....

Just speculating, anyway...

Twino4u
06-06-2015, 01:08 AM   #21
Pentaxian

Thanks, didn't know this part of the forum

There is not long to wait for.
Hopefully someone will manage to allow us streaming this webcast ?
06-06-2015, 01:08 AM - 6 Likes   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
This pre-announcement process is interesting on a couple of levels, firstly for the means by which the announcement is to be made, but secondly for the reaction here.

Now, if the headline presenter had been some sporting type, or what passes for a modern "celebrity" we'd have been entitled to be sceptical about the possible subject at hand, but it isn't. Instead, we have someone who's a professional Pentax user, but because we don't know about him, even though he's been profiled here, the scepticism continues, hopefully somewhat abated now.

We're an odd lot. When Windows users attend a Microsoft conference, they're enthusiastic to hear about developments there, just as MacOS/iOS users are at Apple's events. What do we do? Grizzle and catastrophise, again.

I've registered for a seat. Perhaps it'll be something of a hype about not very much. On the other hand, it could be something of interest. We'll see in a few days. There's nothing wrong with speculation – curiosity is one of the great human characteristics – but can we keep the cynicism down a bit, please?

06-06-2015, 01:10 AM   #23
Veteran Member

Everything will be changed, because they will give FF cameras for free

2 a limited number of people.

Last edited by JimmyDranox; 06-06-2015 at 01:19 AM.
06-06-2015, 01:24 AM   #24
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Pentax brand replaced by RIcoh?
well, there is no 'Ricoh" at the back of K-3II so rather not, although I absolutely do not care as long as Pentax is still on the front, still have two Ricoh film bodies.
06-06-2015, 01:29 AM - 1 Like   #25
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ricoh introduces the pay per use camera. The cameras offered under the pay per use scheme do not have any LCD display. The camera is discounted (FF is sold at the price of APSC, medium format is sold at the price of FF), but in order to be able to get your photos, you need to connect the camera to a Ricoh server, you pay per photo, in the same way as for film. This make full frame and medium format affordable to a larger customer base. This offering is a game changer, making Ricoh's offering significantly more affordable than Canon, Nikon, and Sony.
06-06-2015, 01:34 AM   #26
Pentaxian

I'm hoping for something technical regarding the sensor or viewfinder, but are prepared for pet recognition or bright colors.
06-06-2015, 01:48 AM   #27

No. Idea.

We're all used to these sorts of announcements - Canon winning the turkey a year back with their much hyped 'flopcast' - and know it could be revolutionary, or as significant as a new type of plastic being used to manufacture their chassis...
06-06-2015, 01:49 AM   #28
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Twino4u Quote
If you look at the application forms final question "What Camera System are you primarily using?" you'll see

Canon
Nikon
Sony
Pentax
PhaseOne
Others

So they aren't interested in Fuji or Olympus customers but instead their biggest FF competitors/PhaseOne owners. I guess it will be something which is aimed to disrupt their high-end full-format/medium format competitors. So something like phase-shift for 645 D...or the FF thing....or something else....

Just speculating, anyway...

Twino4u
So, they probably come with the new 645!

PENTAX 645D IR SDHC
44 × 33 large CCD sensor Effective Pixels 40 million pixels High-definition gradation expression 14bitA / D conversion Dust Removal function DRII equipped Dust and water high airtight system

Last edited by bernhardn; 06-06-2015 at 02:01 AM.
06-06-2015, 02:00 AM - 6 Likes   #29
PJ1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Some kind of hat you wear that reads your brain waves and enables you to take a photograph just by looking at something. File size will be determined by brain size. A couple of beers and I will be back to a grainy 2MP.
06-06-2015, 02:24 AM   #30
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Perhaps finally we will see working example of glassless lenses, well actually I should say lensless DSLR.
Each pixel will have miniature lens build into it and sensor will have 180 + deg view, some kind of High Resolution Fly's Eye sensor.
I am hooked and booked for TUE morning, Perth time.