Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 187 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2015, 06:53 AM   #61
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
At least, this buzzing tweak looks like a "give me your personnal data" exercice, which to a certain extend is part of our contemporary history
Especially since the terms and agreements on that page state the video will be uploaded online for later viewing... so there really isn't much point in sticking around to see the 30 minute show unless you were up at that time anyways.

06-06-2015, 06:55 AM   #62

Based on the registration/questionnaire, seems to point to some medium format-related upgrade.
06-06-2015, 07:10 AM   #63
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
  • New 645 Leaf Lens
  • New 645 Tilt/Shift Lens
  • New 645 Macro Lens for use with the bellows
Then there is always the possibility of Pentax USA being taken over by Pentax Canada...

Last edited by interested_observer; 06-06-2015 at 07:18 AM.
06-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #64
Pentaxian

How about:
  • Nothing we don't know about. The presentation is targeted at Canikon FF users which might be persuaded to jump to the 645z.

06-06-2015, 07:18 AM   #65
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
I doubt this will be something tangible, based on the wording. Perhaps it's a piece of software, firmware feature, etc.
Ah, wifi tethering for PCs; Linux, Mac and Windows.
06-06-2015, 07:40 AM - 2 Likes   #66
Veteran Member
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan

Finally! A camera that is programmed to shoot nothing but Handsome Squirrels! Goodbye Pentax...Hello Ricoh! Oh Happy Day!

Regards!
06-06-2015, 07:45 AM   #67
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rupert Quote
A camera that is programmed to shoot nothing but Handsome Squirrels!
But what about kangaroos too, Ricoh? Pls don't leave them out of the camera firmware.

06-06-2015, 07:56 AM   #68
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
I just hope this doesn't turn out to be like the big Canon announcement last autumn - they had a big countdown clock etc, leaving people hoping for something new, even as simple as an MILC with an EVF, and it was just launching some dumb advertising campaign,
I don't see this living up to the hype. "Game changer"? "enables photographers to create images like never before". Unless they are rolling out light field technology for a DSLR they are going to fall short of the "game changer" status.
06-06-2015, 08:09 AM - 1 Like   #69
Veteran Member

"Everything changes" what a provocative title. Pentax does this so rarely - it must be done for some commercial reason. Very likely its a re-announcement of pixel shifting with the further results of some testing as an excuse. It is amazing the many different ways that Pentax has found to use its in-body sensor shake reduction capabilities, from horizon correction, to optional AA correction, to following stars by tilting sensors.

This is probably the announcement that Rupert was waiting for - a sensor that will follow a squirrel
06-06-2015, 08:12 AM   #70
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
new colors released!
everything changes...
06-06-2015, 08:28 AM   #71
Pentaxian

Whatever it is, it is too late (for me.)
06-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #72
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I don't see this living up to the hype. "Game changer"? "enables photographers to create images like never before". Unless they are rolling out light field technology for a DSLR they are going to fall short of the "game changer" status.
The 645Z was a game changer. I've been expecting a software improvement for that body that would improve the video output. Even a flucard/firmware update that exposes all the shooting modes would be a substantial release.

The pixel shift with software that could cancel movement blur or artifacts by using a demosaiced segment would be game changing opening up the high detail feature to less static shooting situations.

I have no idea what they are going to do.
06-06-2015, 08:32 AM   #73
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
But using this 'Alex Munoz' guy as the vehicle is a little strange.
As noted by Adam, Alex is a sponsored Pentax pro IIRC. He is also be a forum member.

Given his medium format slant, any announcement would be potentially earth shattering. Things move slowly in that space.

Steve

Last edited by stevebrot; 06-06-2015 at 08:38 AM.
06-06-2015, 08:36 AM   #74
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Phase 1 just announced a new body - the XF last week. Is Pentax learning something about marketing? Why else would they have a MF photographer at the announcement?

06-06-2015, 08:47 AM   #75
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by derekkite Quote
The 645Z was a game changer. I've been expecting a software improvement for that body that would improve the video output. Even a flucard/firmware update that exposes all the shooting modes would be a substantial release.

The pixel shift with software that could cancel movement blur or artifacts by using a demosaiced segment would be game changing opening up the high detail feature to less static shooting situations.

I have no idea what they are going to do.
Wild guesses:

Pixel-shift on the $7000 645Z would give you an image-quality option to rival the new $40K Phase One XF, at least for static/studio shots. Ricoh's already stirred the medium format waters with the impressive 645Z.

I'd like to see some sort of focus-adjustment self-calibration in the camera, possibly using the SR system. Just hang a target on the wall, put the camera+lens on a tripod and the camera runs a self-calibration.

Complete tethering solution, again to compete against Phase One - images from your camera on your tablet/phone during a tethered session. Full remote control, etc.

Focus-bracketing using SR system? Focus-stacking in camera?

Excited to hear what it's going to be.