Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 187 Likes Search this Thread
06-06-2015, 10:02 AM   #91
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Modular camera system? Interchangeable sensors?

06-06-2015, 10:06 AM   #92

telephone included ???????
06-06-2015, 10:07 AM   #93
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
I registered as a private person, and not on behalf of my company.
06-06-2015, 10:07 AM - 1 Like   #94
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
When was the last time he or any other sponsored photographer announced new technology or products on behalf of Ricoh?

What I'm trying to say is, don't get your hopes up on new, unbeforeseen technology shown in this 30 minute deal. He is likely more showing off what is already released by Ricoh.. that is my thought on what these sponsored photographers do.. they use the company's products commercially and then both report back their experiences to the company while also sharing the 'joys' of the product lineup with the market. They generally aren't in the field of announcing new products or technology. Generally, Old, Asian men in suits show off the new camera equipment for the first time direct from their HQ in Japan.

06-06-2015, 10:09 AM   #95
Veteran Member

Actually, to expound on that idea, I propose a system with the following sensors:

1. High resolution color scolor.
2. Low resolution color sensor, for low-light photography.
3. 4K sensor, for shooting video with full-sensor readout / global shutter.
4. Monochrome sensor.

Also, OLPF is user-removable.

And, since this system is so amazing, the are different "chassis" options, with different internal hardware, at different prices. the most basic chassis is the long-awaited K1000-D entry-level chassis.

So it is a lot like the RED cinema camera system.
06-06-2015, 10:10 AM   #96
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
"This is about sharpness, resolution, speed, fidelity, and so much more. It's a gamechanger."

IMHO, there are two possible related items that can be "evaluated" by those 4 conditions (sharpness, resolution, speed and fidelity). Who knows what "much more" stands for.

Those could be:
1) Optics (new lenses, improved coatings, wider apertures, faster autofocus, etc.)
2) Sensor (higher megapixel count, less noise, better color (16-18 bits per channel?) usable with moving objects (not like superresolution)
06-06-2015, 10:23 AM   #97
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
They can announce a program allowing sensor upgrade to current 645z owners or something alike. It's been done in the past.

06-06-2015, 10:36 AM - 3 Likes   #98
Veteran Member

06-06-2015, 10:43 AM   #99
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Can a pixel shift system be applied to a camera that relies on the lens for image stabilization?
I meant that if Ricoh developed in-body sensor stabilization, then they could apply the K-3II pixel-shifting technology to their MF product line, which is at the $7K price point, and deliver image quality to rival other MF cameras at $40K prices.

On the other hand, could micro-stabilization adjustments in-lens produce a similar effect on the sensor? Probably not, as I don't think lens-stabilization is as precise as it needs to be. Anyway, it's all still wild speculation.
06-06-2015, 10:45 AM   #100
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrNPhoto Quote
I meant that if Ricoh developed in-body sensor stabilization, then they could apply the K-3II pixel-shifting technology to their MF product line, which is at the $7K price point, and deliver image quality to rival other MF cameras at $40K prices.

On the other hand, could micro-stabilization adjustments in-lens produce a similar effect on the sensor? Probably not, as I don't think lens-stabilization is as precise as it needs to be. Anyway, it's all still wild speculation.

I'm glad you have admitted this is wild speculation.

While we are on the wild speculation train.. my speculation is they will be announcing new technology that shoots rainbows out of the camera, onto your subject, instantly making them smile for their portraits!!!
06-06-2015, 10:46 AM   #101
Veteran Member

Announcement of cancel the previous announcement of FF camera :-)
06-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #102
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kindakaa Quote
Announcement of cancel the previous announcement of FF camera :-)
Now THAT would change everything.
06-06-2015, 10:55 AM - 1 Like   #103
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
Actually, to expound on that idea, I propose a system with the following sensors:

1. High resolution color scolor.
2. Low resolution color sensor, for low-light photography.
3. 4K sensor, for shooting video with full-sensor readout / global shutter.
4. Monochrome sensor.

Also, OLPF is user-removable.

And, since this system is so amazing, the are different "chassis" options, with different internal hardware, at different prices. the most basic chassis is the long-awaited K1000-D entry-level chassis.

So it is a lot like the RED cinema camera system.
Helmet mount! Don't forget the helmet mount! It is absolutely essential for POV extreme action shooting.

Steve
06-06-2015, 11:10 AM   #104
Veteran Member

Well who knows ... But the announcement would be consistent with, for example, a presentation extolling the virtues of the 645z and offering some tricks with its Ricoh tethering software and "workflow" generally. It's hard to think that anything really big or new wouldn't be formally announced by Ricoh in Japan, leaving the brand ambassadors to flesh out some of the details and offering the how-tos. After all, that's a big part of what brand ambassadors can be for. Perhaps as here. But as always, who knows ...
06-06-2015, 11:11 AM   #105
Veteran Member

lol I am glad Pentax will announce something, but the rampant speculation in this thread is way out of control! None of these crazy wishes will actually come true, we are just setting ourselves up for disappointment