Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-07-2015, 02:36 PM   #226
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Kerrowdown Quote
So that's like almost a two day delay here, before we get the news.
I believe the presentation starts at 6pm Pacific time (GMT-8) tomorrow. Not +8.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
06-07-2015, 02:40 PM   #227
Veteran Member

If for Ricoh it will does not be a big failure, for Alex Munox, a least then a revolutionary tech will be a big mistake.

On one side, I remember that Ricoh said that the specifications for FF will come in the summer. It's summer, already. And it seems that Ricoh wants to target the commercial, pro photographers with his FF. So, an announcement of the new Pentax FF camera(s) from a profi photographer makes sense. More, Ricoh has announce his FF camera 5 month ago, and there was no news after that.

So, I will bet my money, if I would have some, on the new FF.
06-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #228
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Syncplicity is a subscription service that gives workforces all the mobility and flexibility of personal cloud file-sharing solutions, such as Dropbox, with additional capabilities to help satisfy IT’s growing concerns surrounding security, administration, control, enterprise visibility and audit trails for compliance. Syncplicity is an elegant alternative to using FTP sites, which can be cumbersome and offer limited administrative controls, as well as email to transfer large files, whose size restrictions often block photos and video sharing.

“At Ricoh, we’re focused on helping customers manage their ever-changing workflow needs in today’s dynamic work environment,” said Jason Dizzine, Director, Product Marketing, Ricoh Americas Corporation. “Having the ability to seamlessly access and share digital files across multiple computing platforms is one essential component.”
06-07-2015, 02:41 PM   #229
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Thanks Adam, so all the Aussie and Kiwi members here wont be able to give us the inside track early.

06-07-2015, 02:48 PM - 1 Like   #230
Veteran Member

I have never understound why someone would place his photos on the cloud. I don't do it even if someone pays me. Does not care how much ''safe'' it is.
06-07-2015, 02:52 PM - 1 Like   #231
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
I have never understound why someone would place his photos on the cloud. I don't do it even if someone pays me. Does not care how much ''safe'' it is.
Agreed and given that most of us have limited upload speed on our broadband connections, it makes even less sense.

Steve
06-07-2015, 03:13 PM   #232
Veteran Member

it really doesn't happen very often that a technology comes around that can forever change how photographers create their images. I am excited to have been involved in bringing this project to you, and I can't wait to share what it can do. This truly changes everything; its about resolution, image quality, fidelity, ease of use, speed, creativity, and enabling photographers everywhere to do amazing things. - Alex Munoz

Perhaps I'm spending more time than I should trying to decode what this will be.

06-07-2015, 03:25 PM - 1 Like   #233
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
New printer technology. Ricoh is entering into the professional/fine art printer market.
They will. But its not that now i think
06-07-2015, 03:29 PM   #234
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
That would be tuesday 3 a.m. in central Europe (UTC+1) and 2 a.m. in UK (UTC+0).

However, what comes to my mind is "The epicenter of change". Most likely a coincidence but still some interesting thoughts...
06-07-2015, 03:56 PM   #235
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricoh Pentax USA is just a distributor. I can't quite understand why Ricoh Japan would have/let a distributor make an "Everything Changes" announcement for anything that would be fundamental to Pentax? Perhaps its someone in Japan who does not want to be associated with this, and it's a CYA move.

Neither Ricoh Japan nor USA is a marketing powerhouse in photography and cameras. Perhaps its a trial balloon at marketing. Who knows - certainly not me. Apparently all the seats have been reserved, so that is a good first step. Not going to loose any sleep on this. But, it will be interesting to tune in Monday and see what actually constitutes a "Everything Changes" announcement.
  • Woot is going to be selling the 645D?
06-07-2015, 04:01 PM   #236
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Rolled out world-wide, and backed by Ricoh, yes.
06-07-2015, 05:48 PM   #237
Imp
Pentaxian

twelve minutes!
06-07-2015, 05:56 PM   #238
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
twelve minutes!
and 24hrs
06-07-2015, 05:58 PM   #239
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Glorfindelrb Quote
and 24hrs
yup!

So, I looked on his website... in his tags for the event, he has "645", "hasselblad", and "phase one" but no "fullframe". In addition, he has "new product announcment"... so it is a new product. Seems to be medium format related
06-07-2015, 06:07 PM   #240

QuoteOriginally posted by DoubtingThomas Quote
I'm pretttty sure it will be a giveaway from Pentax of a free 645z to every forum member whose first name begins with a "T" . A bit arbitrary, I know, but I didn't organize this promotion...
No! 645Z -> starting with Z

---------- Post added 06-07-15 at 06:10 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Den Quote
One of the first 25 purchasers of the new FF will also receive a brand new Ferrari 488 GTB
More than likely it will be some stupid app for iphone and android.
No! Car made in Japan, like Subaru WRX STI