Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 187 Likes Search this Thread
06-08-2015, 06:44 AM   #331
Pentaxian

We all?
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
A presentation about Pixel Shift Resolution?
(but 645z seems more likely)

06-08-2015, 06:51 AM   #332
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
April Fools!!
06-08-2015, 07:05 AM   #333
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Maybe he'll be swooning over sorry announcing the new Sony 50 mpx A7RII with a next-generation sensor, 4k video, 5-axis stabilization, non-lossy RAW and further lines of incredible world-changing Zeiss lenses. Godwin's first law was about Nazis but his second law states that on any photography forum someone will eventually start raving about Sony mirrorless cameras
With mirrorless how do you manage to comb your hair, if any at all ?!?!?!?!

---------- Post added 08-06-15 at 07:09 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by astron Quote
You're all gonna be really bummed when it just turns out to be a demo of the K-3 II's pixel shift resolution...
Nice !!! Just in time !!!
06-08-2015, 07:11 AM   #334
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Monday 6pm Pacific time / 9pm New-York time / Tuesday 1am UTC / 2am London time / 3am Paris time (CEST).
Thank you Mistral!

06-08-2015, 07:12 AM   #335
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Dave L Quote
It'll be "meh, what was all that about?"

The more hype we get, the more likely that is! Ricoh Japan are probably killing themselves laughing...
Or pulling their hair out.
Let downs tend not to be good publicity, and regardless of who actually did the publicity, any blame will probably aimed towards Ricoh.
06-08-2015, 07:12 AM   #336
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Pentax + Apple, what a horror scenario. I'd prefer Hoya back for sure.
Are you sure ?? Remember that with Hoya you would see Pentax news only through a catheter !!!
06-08-2015, 07:20 AM   #337
mee
Veteran Member

Well I am off now... will come back tonight to see what the hubbub is.. which I fully expect now isn't even Ricoh/Pentax related.

06-08-2015, 07:20 AM   #338
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RuiC Quote
Are you sure ?? Remember that with Hoya you would see Pentax news only through a catheter !!!
Back then I got Pentax news here. Now I do the same.

Hoya presented us the K-5 and the 645D. Now THOSE were gamechangers.

Brrr... K-4II-16 with 16gb internal memory and no memory slot. Oh and the dials will have only the green mode of course.

Last edited by Clavius; 06-08-2015 at 07:33 AM.
06-08-2015, 07:31 AM   #339
Veteran Member

Alex, being from a wealthy old-money family, will announce his successful leveraged buyout of Ricoh Corporation, and his plans for a glorious new company history chapter after the move to Mazatlan.
06-08-2015, 07:35 AM   #340
Pentaxian

Back then I got Pentax news here. Now I do the same.

Hoya presented us the K-5 and the 645D. Now THOSE were gamechangers.
But they never got around to a full frame..... and they lost market share.... and they killed the distribution networks... and oversaw the start of end of Pentax as a presence in retail stores.

And laid off much of the Pentax lens design team.

As I remember the hope with Hoya was that being a lens manufacturer there would be a lot of new glass. That didn't pan out either.

The best that can be said about Hoya was that, though they did almost nothing for Pentax, they didn't totally shut it down either.
06-08-2015, 07:56 AM   #341
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
But they never got around to a full frame..... and they lost market share.... and they killed the distribution networks... and oversaw the start of end of Pentax as a presence in retail stores.

As I remember the hope with Hoya was that being a lens manufacturer there would be a lot of new glass. That didn't pan out either.

The best that can be said about Hoya was that, though they did almost nothing for Pentax, they didn't totally shut it down either.
Exactly. Hoya wasn't interested in the camera business, they wanted the rest of Pentax, and somehow make the camera division profitable enough (short term) so that someone would buy it. Doing that they have hurt the brand quite a bit IMHO, though the K-5 was and is a great camera, and Ricoh hasn't presented anything I'd want over my K-5 (apart from a K-5 II).

I expect a demonstration of the pixel shift technology... which would be a huge letdown.

As for Apple and Pentax... it would also have advantages. An easier to use, faster interface for example (though they'd remove all the physical controls, which is a bad idea). And what Apple does with those tiny sensors is pretty impressive. Oh, and their image stabilizer works when shooting videos :P Besides their implementation of electronic SR is actually pretty good, far beyond what Pentax has, though the mechanical SR is of course still superior.
06-08-2015, 07:59 AM   #342
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote

I don't know. Back in the Hoya days I walked into a brick and mortar store, told the guy I was interested in moving from bridgecam to DSLR and got introduced to a wall of Pentax equipment. Equipment that was surprisingly affordably. Now though, things are different. It got less visible and more expensive.

Well, at least Apple would make Pentax uber-visible. After a year of Apple everyone will have a Pentax or two.
06-08-2015, 08:01 AM   #343
sbh
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bernhardn Quote
You don't know? Apple is working with Nikon! (no joke!)
Maybe they are moving more into photography in general and Nikon isn't the only one they got in touch with to create software.
06-08-2015, 08:03 AM   #344
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Monday 6pm Pacific time / 9pm New-York time / Tuesday 1am UTC / 2am London time / 3am Paris time (CEST).
Guess who's gonna get up at 3 ... cannot sleep anyway. Just too darned excited. Game changer*

* whatta BS marketing term
06-08-2015, 08:07 AM   #345
Veteran Member

Well, at least Apple would make Pentax uber-visible. After a year of Apple everyone will have a Pentax or two.
Not a bad idea. Apple could buy Pentax (in fact the whole of Ricoh) out of their loose change. They have about US $180 billion in cash sitting around doing nothing at the moment.

A white 645Z with an Apple logo on it (i645?) would be cute.