Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 187 Likes Search this Thread
06-08-2015, 11:32 AM   #391
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
You can watch at the same time a game of the womens world cup soccer!
Great idea ... Merci bien, mon ami !!!

06-08-2015, 11:43 AM   #392
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Not really. Other systems already offer leaf shutters and high sync. Doesn't live up to the hype.
LS and high speed sync may not be your cup of tea but it's a style I personally like and it's one that I see many pro photographers use, whether it be to help freeze action or kill ambient light. You're right that they aren't new tech but they could absolutely be a game changer in the MF market. The 645Z has already taken that market by storm and put Pentax in the spotlight in a very good way. A line of leaf shutter lenses that are high speed sync capable would definitely advance Pentax's position in MF.
06-08-2015, 11:46 AM   #393

Not yet confirmed: a quantum camera that allows one to photograph events that happened yesterday and many years ago by taking advantage of quantum mechanics in the sense as Bohr and Heisenberg expressed: quantum mechanics could act as an excellent (photographic) tool in physical calculations and experiments. And it could, and it still can, and more excellent than ever with the new Pentax Quantum FF. But as I said it is not yet confirmed! But it would be an excellent tool for time travelling, I think.
06-08-2015, 11:52 AM   #394
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TomTextura Quote
LS and high speed sync may not be your cup of tea but it's a style I personally like and it's one that I see many pro photographers use, whether it be to help freeze action or kill ambient light. You're right that they aren't new tech but they could absolutely be a game changer in the MF market. The 645Z has already taken that market by storm and put Pentax in the spotlight in a very good way. A line of leaf shutter lenses that are high speed sync capable would definitely advance Pentax's position in MF.
The medium format market already has the tech, so there is nothing new about it. It doesn't matter if it is my cup of tea or not. Phase One already has 1/1,600 sync and leaf shutters. While it would be great to see leaf shutter 645 glass, its hardly "ground breaking" and its not going to "forever change how photographers create their images".

06-08-2015, 11:55 AM   #395
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Time Traveller Quote
Not yet confirmed: a quantum camera that allows one to photograph events that happened yesterday and many years ago by taking advantage of quantum mechanics in the sense as Bohr and Heisenberg expressed: quantum mechanics could act as an excellent (photographic) tool in physical calculations and experiments. And it could, and it still can, and more excellent than ever with the new Pentax Quantum FF. But as I said it is not yet confirmed! But it would be an excellent tool for time travelling, I think.
Just what this guy needs.
Attached Images

06-08-2015, 11:57 AM   #396
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Vector-based photography? That would be a pretty big change. How about a vector-based Theta?
06-08-2015, 11:58 AM   #397
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Time Traveller Quote
Taking photos that don't exist until you observe them.

06-08-2015, 12:15 PM   #398
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
While it would be great to see leaf shutter 645 glass, its hardly "ground breaking" and its not going to "forever change how photographers create their images".
I don't expect anything from this announcement to "forever change how photographers create their images". That's pure hyperbole.

HSS 645 LS lenses would be ground breaking for Pentax in that they'd complete a missing part of the MF equation. It's sort of the reverse of how we've had FF glass but no FF DSLR; we've had a MF DSLR but no high speed capable MF leaf shutter lenses from Pentax.

I have no reason to suspect that leaf shutter lenses are going to be any part of this announcement but I have a hard time not dismissing any argument that says it wouldn't be a big deal in the medium format world for Pentax to release new LS lenses.

Last edited by TomTextura; 06-08-2015 at 12:21 PM.
06-08-2015, 12:32 PM   #399
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Glorfindelrb Quote
In fact you don't, any statment about members of an empty set is true, that's all.
Actually not. Bertrand Russell became famous in math before he became famous in politics (opposing the war in Vietnam) because of a paradox he "proved", but the proof depended on a set that could not exist. Now mathematicians demand that you prove the existence of a set before you can prove anything about it. Correcting my original wording, you cannot say anything about "people on this forum who know", because that set doesn't exist.

BTW - we are now on page 27, and we still have 5-1/2 hours to blather while we wait.
06-08-2015, 12:41 PM   #400
Inactive Account

Location: Planet Earth, Sol system, Milky Way galaxy, Universe
A camera with a built-in beer tap. If it runs out, all you have to do is recharge the battery and it can make more beer.

Seriously though, what I would like (and would respect Pentax for): announce a special service to repair SDM failures. All lenses <5 years old are repaired for free. All lenses 5-10 years old are repaired at discount.

Not going to happen though.

Last edited by starbase218; 06-08-2015 at 12:48 PM.
06-08-2015, 12:49 PM   #401

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
Don't forget to bring the popcorn...

And the vodka
06-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #402
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by starbase218 Quote
A camera with a built-in beer tap.
The new Asahi Pentax
06-08-2015, 12:52 PM   #403
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by TomTextura Quote
I have no reason to suspect that leaf shutter lenses are going to be any part of this announcement but I have a hard time not dismissing any argument that says it wouldn't be a big deal in the medium format world for Pentax to release new LS lenses.
New Pentax LS 645 lenses would be great, but again not really new. Updating the old line-up. It might be a big deal to a very small number of people.

They need to improve tethering first. Develop their own studio software. Maybe buy Silkypix and use that as a starting point.

Attached Images

06-08-2015, 12:53 PM   #404
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I know when the GRII arrives etc..But as mentioned earlier, neither me or Ricoh in Europe know what this announcement is about..
Do we know it's Pentax-related at all? Maybe this guy has gone to the dark side...
06-08-2015, 12:54 PM   #405
Veteran Member

Alex working on tethering. Video posted by Ricoh.