Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 187 Likes Search this Thread
06-09-2015, 01:43 AM   #631
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
And please keep the FF out of this disqussion, cause the FF is progressing well and will come..and THAT will be a game changer.
I believe it's going to be a great camera, but hardly "a game changer".
To me, solutions like the one just announced, change more than a camera with slightly bigger sensor - but I understand that having such a camera is crucial to get more pro recognition, which is important to get third party company to come with the equipment like that.

06-09-2015, 01:46 AM   #632

Some people have problems with understanding, that Ricoh USA is NOT a part of the Pentax system in the same way as Ricoh Japan and Ricoh Europe is. Ricoh USA is only as distributor of Pentax [...] This is a deal/thing that Ricoh USA have done 100% on their own.
If Pentax USA, who is just a distributor for Pentax could arrange this deal, which is quite interesting and a useful addition to the toolbox of some, why could Pentax Japan and/or Europe not do this? This seems to be a plus factor for Pentax USA and a minus factor for Japan/Europe.
06-09-2015, 01:47 AM   #633
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
Result of this marketing-hype: Reconfirmed Pentax-scepticism amongst many. I've just put an extra question mark behind their FF promises.
Well, I'm wondering; what has Ricoh got to do with phantastic baseless expectations of some here in the forum?
It was Adam, who has chosen the title, he for sure got over 40 pages and a lot of clicks and visits. I don't think anyone would have even noticed this announcement without that. And if a 645Z studio photographer has had the chance to cooperate with a strobe company to develop a solution to a problem for him, and I do believe him, many studio photographers, than he might give a presentation on that and call it whatever he wants, game changing, revolutionary, never before seen. All valid and fair enough, for the targeted group, and it was neither him, nor Ricoh who invited everybody else to an event with this wording, that's what has been done exclusively here in this forum...which - in the end - got a lot of clicks... no pun intended, just sayin...
06-09-2015, 01:48 AM   #634
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
I don't have 4.000$ to spent on 2 Priolite strobe
I have a couple of ~$1000 750Ws Bowens strobes and I would be glade to trade 2 of them for just one 500Ws Priolite.

06-09-2015, 01:50 AM - 1 Like   #635
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
but I understand that having such a camera is crucial to get more pro recognition, which is important to get third party company to come with the equipment like that.
Many third party brands are monitoring what Ricoh/Pentax do. So things will be better in the future.

---------- Post added 06-09-15 at 10:51 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by kdre Quote
If Pentax USA, who is just a distributor for Pentax could arrange this deal, which is quite interesting and a useful addition to the toolbox of some, why could Pentax Japan and/or Europe not do this? This seems to be a plus factor for Pentax USA and a minus factor for Japan/Europe.
Im not the right guy to answer this. I know Japan are talking to a few third party companies. But i dont know details
06-09-2015, 01:59 AM   #636
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Ah flashes for a type of photography I abhor. Next please! GR II this week? I want to so how people complain about the lack of an evf and weather sealing.
06-09-2015, 02:05 AM   #637
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jaad75 Quote
I have a couple of ~$1000 750Ws Bowens strobes and I would be glade to trade 2 of them for just one 500Ws Priolite.
The average salary in Romania is around 800Euro (or 900$) per month. Imagine how many of us will consider this strobe a game changer, at this price.

06-09-2015, 02:10 AM   #638
Veteran Member

Some people have problems with understanding, that Ricoh USA is NOT a part of the Pentax system in the same way as Ricoh Japan and Ricoh Europe is. Ricoh USA is only as distributor of Pentax. So this announcement have nothing to do with Pentax. So stop the negativity around Pentax in this case. This is a deal/thing that Ricoh USA have done 100% on their own. And please keep the FF out of this disqussion, cause the FF is progressing well and will come..and THAT will be a game changer.
Lol. A brave try but I don't think it will get you very far. Ricoh/Pentax USA easily pass the duck test - nearly all folks taking them to be what they resemble, i.e. the Ricoh/Pentax photography entity in the USA - so unless Ricoh change the name they are stuck with that perception. And good on Pentax USA for doing a deal, imho, if it works well for them. The wedding photography market, for example, is likely much stronger in some countries than in others so local deals, in this case perhaps for a lighting system, surely make sense.

Last edited by mecrox; 06-09-2015 at 02:24 AM.
06-09-2015, 02:23 AM   #639
Pentaxian

Don't forget this was not a Pentax-Ricoh announcement, but a once sponsored photograph's.

I am just a bit eager to have to change both my hotshoe and MBX500 to take advantage of the new functionality.
I'll definitely priorise FF.
06-09-2015, 02:25 AM   #640
Banned

Well this is good news. For those who can afgod it and work with medium format. So not for most people. I don't know how it is with Canon, but probabilistische cheap er to do that work with their 50 megapixels options.

A few years ago I did a Job with the 645D in Cologne in Germany and for the shot I needed Hi synchroniseren and enden up making the image with my K-01 since that could deliver shar per images and the 645D fel a little short.

https://flic.kr/p/maVKw4

Could have done it different la, but this solutie word for me. So that New flash system could make a difference. Not for me, to expensive.
06-09-2015, 02:28 AM   #641
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well this is good news. For those who can afgod it and work with medium format. So not for most people. I don't know how it is with Canon, but probabilistische cheap er to do that work with their 50 megapixels options.

A few years ago I did a Job with the 645D in Cologne in Germany and for the shot I needed Hi synchroniseren and enden up making the image with my K-01 since that could deliver shar per images and the 645D fel a little short.

https://flic.kr/p/maVKw4

Could have done it different la, but this solutie word for me. So that New flash system could make a difference. Not for me, to expensive.
you have to stop using auto-complete Ron, or at least set it to English
06-09-2015, 03:04 AM   #642
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Adam tries to make us post a lot - but Ricoh will take the blame
Told ya!
06-09-2015, 03:06 AM   #643
pid
Pentaxian

... I wonder if the Prolites are WR?!
06-09-2015, 03:09 AM - 1 Like   #644
Pentaxian

Yeah a German company's US sales rep gets a topic endorsed on international Pentax forum which is independent of Ricoh Imaging. It turns out to be a hss flash system and Dang! Ricoh isn't making a FF any more according to some.
06-09-2015, 03:16 AM   #645
Pentaxian

« Arabic telephon» , as we usually hear !