Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-26-2015, 02:52 PM   #151
Pentaxian
Transit's Avatar

Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Whanganui NZ
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,877
QuoteOriginally posted by JibbaJab Quote
American humor tends to be rather irreverent. ....
you taking the piss ?

07-26-2015, 03:12 PM   #152
Lens Buying Addict
monochrome's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Kirkwood (St. Louis) MO
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 19,470
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
49% are from 40 till 59 years.
49% of everything is from 40 - 59. That's when consumers have extra money.
07-26-2015, 04:05 PM   #153
Pentaxian
JimmyDranox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ploiesti, Romania
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,585
Coming back to the main subject, If I remember well, AND I DO, Ricoh representatives says that they will announce the specifications of the FF at the beginning of this summer. It's almost August, and no announcement yet. It's a ''little'' late, and such a camera is not an impulse buy for the majority of us. I mean the enthusiasts, not the casual customers.. Most of us are tired of such a loooooooooong wait, and also, we need time to get the money for a 2000+ camera.

Ricoh, WAKE UP, AND KEEP YOUR WORD!!!!

Because, if you don't have a word, you don't have a face, you don't have nothing.

Last edited by JimmyDranox; 07-26-2015 at 04:19 PM.
07-26-2015, 04:59 PM   #154
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Herndon VA
Posts: 34
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
They definitely aren't going to use the 20Mp sensor unless the FF is designed to be a flagship for sports photographers, which is highly unlikely. My guess remains the 36Mp sensor from last year.
Is Pentax likely to come out with only one version of FF? or are there plans to come up with two different versions one with high FPS and high ISO performance to meet the sports photography and the other with high MPs for portrait and landscape? That's what Nikon and Canon offer in the market. It will be a good strategy for pentax to launch multiple models instead of one size fits all.

07-26-2015, 05:18 PM   #155
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,477
QuoteOriginally posted by Lightograph Quote
Is Pentax likely to come out with only one version of FF? or are there plans to come up with two different versions one with high FPS and high ISO performance to meet the sports photography and the other with high MPs for portrait and landscape? That's what Nikon and Canon offer in the market. It will be a good strategy for pentax to launch multiple models instead of one size fits all.
Nobody outside of Pentax knows. That is why there is so much frustrated and empty speculation.
07-27-2015, 01:17 AM   #156
Pentaxian
RonHendriks1966's Avatar

Join Date: Jan 2009
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 8,556
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
49% of everything is from 40 - 59. That's when consumers have extra money.
Absolutely true..........But Pentaxians are a bit cheap and bought some old lenses for 10 dollars each
07-27-2015, 02:09 AM   #157
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 2,951
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Coming back to the main subject, If I remember well, AND I DO, Ricoh representatives says that they will announce the specifications of the FF at the beginning of this summer.
Hum... are you sure ?
07-27-2015, 04:49 AM   #158
Pentaxian
JimmyDranox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ploiesti, Romania
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,585
Yes, I'm sure.

07-27-2015, 05:02 AM   #159
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
QuoteOriginally posted by JimmyDranox Quote
Yes, I'm sure.
Then you know more then me. The summer is also over soon btw.
07-27-2015, 05:05 AM   #160
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 8,419
Jimmy, I don't doubt your story (you wouldn't make things up, I'm certain of that); but who exactly made that claim?
"Ricoh representatives" is too generic, perhaps a Pentax dealer made it up from some misinterpreted nth hand information. I would trust only what I'm hearing from Ricoh Imaging Japan officials, or what I'm hearing from other, trusted channels

Publishing the specifications months ahead of the official announcement is definitely atypical - we'd usually have them just before the announcement date, as they're sent to dealers all over the world. They will have to predict exactly the specs, some for features still in development. But the worst - it will steal the show for the official announcement.
07-27-2015, 05:22 AM   #161
Pentaxian
JimmyDranox's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Ploiesti, Romania
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,585
Check February. I don't have time now to do it. But I remember well. Maybe, just maybe I understood it wrong, but I remember well. I was waiting for this summer beginning since the initial announcement of FF, with that mock-up presented in Japan, at CP.

And since they presented a mock-up in February, and that was an official announcement as well, and everyone is waiting, it make sense to present latter, but before the launch time, the specifications.
07-27-2015, 05:31 AM - 1 Like   #162
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 5,414
QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
Nobody outside of Pentax knows. That is why there is so much frustrated and empty speculation.
Are we sure they even know? You would expect some kind of trickle marketing just to generate a little buzz and keep the brand visible. Its almost like they have changed their minds and are hoping people forget they ever announced a FF body. At least when they stole the image of the girl and Photoshopped in their camera, it got people talking about the brand....
07-27-2015, 05:41 AM   #163
Forum Member




Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Lake Arrowhead, CA
Posts: 91
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Then you know more then me. The summer is also over soon btw.
Soon? Nearly two months to go!
07-27-2015, 05:45 AM   #164
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 3,613
Norwegian summers are short
07-27-2015, 06:09 AM   #165
Loyal Site Supporter
Mikesul's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 2,477
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
Are we sure they even know? You would expect some kind of trickle marketing just to generate a little buzz and keep the brand visible. Its almost like they have changed their minds and are hoping people forget they ever announced a FF body. At least when they stole the image of the girl and Photoshopped in their camera, it got people talking about the brand....
Oh man, you just said what I have been trying to avoid thinking.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
36mp, body, count, crop, d4, d800, december, dont, ff, interview, landscape, months, mp, nikon, november, offer, pentax, pentax ff camera, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax shooter, people, photography, post, reason, ricoh, sensor, sony
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crazy way-out theory on the FF (just for fun). pathdoc Pentax Full Frame 17 05-13-2015 05:30 PM
Pets Ricoh Pup 4 months sherrvonne Post Your Photos! 5 05-08-2015 04:03 PM
Any Pentax FF camera field testers out there? rawr Pentax Full Frame 46 05-03-2015 04:37 PM
People 4 months in the world derelict Post Your Photos! 3 04-11-2015 06:39 AM
Online Photographer: FF will die out, except... philbaum Pentax Full Frame 401 07-11-2014 05:13 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top