Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2015, 07:34 AM   #46
Site Supporter
WillWeaverRVA's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Richmond, VA
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 479
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
The FF will go after cameras like D810..Not D4S etc.
I was going to say, I'll gladly take something similar to, say, the D750 with good AF coverage and a decent burst rate.

06-24-2015, 07:46 AM   #47
Loyal Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Southern Indiana
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 14,951
My guess would be D810 with a faster frame rate and deeper buffer. I would love to see Ricoh invest in making it a really capable video machine (4K?), but somehow it seems unlikely based on past cameras.
06-24-2015, 07:56 AM   #48
Senior Member
gorme's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Galway - Ireland
Posts: 212
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
My guess would be D810 with a faster frame rate and deeper buffer. I would love to see Ricoh invest in making it a really capable video machine (4K?), but somehow it seems unlikely based on past cameras.
I agree with you on a video machine, but I believe they improved a lot recently : the K3 is really able to deliver high quality video (but in mp4 only, no RAW).
For instance K3 has better video than Nikon D7000 and D7100. AF in video is still laging behind, but for 'art' works nobody use AF ..
06-24-2015, 07:57 AM   #49
Site Supporter
Zygonyx's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Ile de France
Posts: 2,951
QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
For instance K3 has better video than Nikon D7000 and D7100. AF in video is still laging behind, but for 'art' works nobody use AF ..
In what respect please ?

06-24-2015, 07:57 AM   #50
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,748
I guess at this point, with the K-3II coming really close to D-810 resolution, if it's not 36 MP with pixel shifting, I'm not going to be interested.
06-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #51
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,112
QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
From what Sony has been saying about the 42mp sensor in interviews, it should perform better than the 36mp in every way, so I see little reason for Ricoh to go with the old one. It would hardly be an aggressive move to come out with something that Nikon has been using for several years and that Sony has just discontinued use of.

One of the few bits of definitive information that Ricoh actually shared about the Pentax FF of that it would have an APS-C crop mode. That would seem to rule out a 20mp sensor.

So, I'm guessing it will have a 42mp sensor. But I also think a second cheaper model with a more modest mp count will be available soon.
If they offer me to shoot in lower resolution RAW, it's not a problem. I have no any necessity to use 42.4 MP photos.
06-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #52
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,748
QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
Do you know if another FF is planned later to go on the D4S market ?
You're asking a Pentax shooter if he knows what Nikon is doing? I'm guessing any Nikon information available to him is available to you. Just because he gets the scoop from Pentax on what's coming, and gets to beta-test some of it, doesn't mean every camera company talks to him.
06-24-2015, 08:03 AM   #53
Senior Member
gorme's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Galway - Ireland
Posts: 212
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
In what respect please ?
For instance Anti-flickering is a lot better, which is very convenient for LED light sources....

06-24-2015, 08:04 AM   #54
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,748
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
If they offer me to shoot in lower resolution RAW, it's not a problem. I have no any necessity to use 42.4 MP photos.
Imagine if the took a 42 MP image and used it to create a combined 14 Mp image like a pixel shifted image. A pixel shift without the need for long exposures. Now there's a concept.
06-24-2015, 08:04 AM - 2 Likes   #55
Senior Member
gorme's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Galway - Ireland
Posts: 212
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You're asking a Pentax shooter if he knows what Nikon is doing? I'm guessing any Nikon information available to him is available to you. Just because he gets the scoop from Pentax on what's coming, and gets to beta-test some of it, doesn't mean every camera company talks to him.
No I was just wondering if a second Pentax FF will hit the market of Sport photography
06-24-2015, 08:04 AM   #56
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
You're asking a Pentax shooter if he knows what Nikon is doing? I'm guessing any Nikon information available to him is available to you. Just because he gets the scoop from Pentax on what's coming, and gets to beta-test some of it, doesn't mean every camera company talks to him.
I used to be at Nikon, and still have good contacts on the inside there too. But i just dont care what they or other brands do atm

But i think you misunderstood the question he had!

---------- Post added 06-24-15 at 05:05 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
No I was just wondering if a second Pentax FF will hit the market of Sport photography
I did understand
06-24-2015, 08:07 AM   #57
Senior Member
gorme's Avatar

Join Date: May 2014
Location: Galway - Ireland
Posts: 212
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I used to be at Nikon, and still have good contacts on the inside there too. But i just dont care what they or other brands do atm

But i think you misunderstood the question he had!

---------- Post added 06-24-15 at 05:05 PM ----------



I did understand
Yeah, I apologize for my 'frenchy' English. I do my best to be understandable, but sometimes I may miss the point. Sorry !
06-24-2015, 08:14 AM   #58
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,879
QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
Yeah, I apologize for my 'frenchy' English. I do my best to be understandable, but sometimes I may miss the point. Sorry !
Dont say sorry to me..i did understand My norwegian english aint much better
06-24-2015, 08:33 AM   #59
Pentaxian
zzeitg's Avatar

Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: South Bohemia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,548
Should there be 36MPx or less, I see no reason to upgrade from K-3 or K-3II. (If I don't count the simple fact that my FF lenses would finally bring light to FF body instead of APS-C as a crucial point.)
06-24-2015, 09:00 AM   #60
Pentaxian
normhead's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Near Algonquin Park
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 23,748
QuoteOriginally posted by zzeitg Quote
Should there be 36MPx or less, I see no reason to upgrade from K-3 or K-3II. (If I don't count the simple fact that my FF lenses would finally bring light to FF body instead of APS-C as a crucial point.)
And I'm sure that we are going to hear lot less of the "I want to use my lenses they way they were intended to be used" arguments once the Pentax FF is out, and people see the cost, in price, body size and subject IQ. Once the Pentax FF is out the answer for most of us to that line of discussion will be, "put your money where your mouth is and just buy it for grief's sake." There is a group of people who want FF for "the look" not for resolution and they will want a 6D type of camera. Low cost, poor performance but FF. For "the look" myself, I would prefer to buy 1.4 lenses rather than whole new body, but hey, that's just me.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
36mp, body, count, crop, d4, d800, december, dont, ff, interview, landscape, months, mp, nikon, november, offer, pentax, pentax ff camera, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax shooter, people, photography, post, reason, ricoh, sensor, sony
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crazy way-out theory on the FF (just for fun). pathdoc Pentax Full Frame 17 05-13-2015 05:30 PM
Pets Ricoh Pup 4 months sherrvonne Post Your Photos! 5 05-08-2015 04:03 PM
Any Pentax FF camera field testers out there? rawr Pentax Full Frame 46 05-03-2015 04:37 PM
People 4 months in the world derelict Post Your Photos! 3 04-11-2015 06:39 AM
Online Photographer: FF will die out, except... philbaum Pentax Full Frame 401 07-11-2014 05:13 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:51 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top