Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2015, 11:11 PM   #76
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: GMT +10
Photos: Albums
Posts: 10,800
QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
amp-glow is a nightmare when I push shadows
It's not so bad on Nikon FF, even on the lowly D610. It's controllable even at ISO 25600. Learn to use the purple and magenta saturation sliders.

K-3/K-5/K-x also show the same behaviour when you push their shadows hard (ie 3-4 stops+).

06-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #77
Veteran Member
bossa's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Adelaide
Posts: 4,545
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It's not so bad on Nikon FF, even on the lowly D610. It's controllable even at ISO 25600. Learn to use the purple and magenta saturation sliders.

K-3/K-5/K-x also show the same behaviour when you push their shadows hard (ie 3-4 stops+).
Thanks for the reply, but I already do that when necessary and find that it takes something away from the image as a whole.

I've only seen pink amp glow on my K5 in one image exposed at night and where I wanted to push the shadows to an unreasonable level.

Last edited by bossa; 06-24-2015 at 11:29 PM.
06-24-2015, 11:44 PM - 1 Like   #78
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,220
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Where was it written the FF will be pitched at amateurs?

IMHO it will be a full-on professional camera that many dedicated enthusiasts and some wealthy amateurs will also buy.
FF is made for ANY human.

Strange conclusion...very strange. The professional is the distinctive feature of user, not the GEAR. It was, it is and it will be.

I have been using cameras for 35 years, but I'm amateur. Ben Kanarek used K-x for video and other APS-C cameras for HQ photos. But he is professional.
06-25-2015, 12:11 AM   #79
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,950
Very strange or not, this first FF and the new lenses coming, are aimed at pros and the pro-marked. But that doesn't mean that amateurs and dedicated enthusiasts can't buy it. Pentax wants in to the pro-marked. And one of my missions, is to show other pros that Pentax is a good choice for the future. One of the reasons they signed me in the first place.

06-25-2015, 01:43 AM   #80
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,894
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Two are MF and three lack modern lens motors. And all four are FF focal lengths, not the APS-C equivalent. I was really thinking of lenses like the DA* 55mm f1.4 or the Fuji 23mm f1.4, lenses made with APS-C in mind. That's the point: if you want fast lenses on APS-C, chances are you will have to use FF ones. So, the companies whisper, why not move on to FF anyway, APS-C is for tourists with kit zooms, go on, the bank will love extending you a loan ... you know it makes sense,
Sorry, but Pentax has never had digital 35mm so the whispers cannot be coming from them.

Or Olympus or Panasonic, or your favourite example Fuji.

That f1.4 lenses are typically larger or manual focus shouldn't be an obstacle to someone who needs one.

At least on Pentax, they're all image stabilized.

If you want to throw away a Zeiss Otis as 'not for you', Mecrox, chuck it my way. ☺
06-25-2015, 03:10 AM   #81
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,030
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
FF is made for ANY human.

Strange conclusion...very strange. The professional is the distinctive feature of user, not the GEAR. It was, it is and it will be.

I have been using cameras for 35 years, but I'm amateur. Ben Kanarek used K-x for video and other APS-C cameras for HQ photos. But he is professional.
It will targeted at pros, but plenty of amateurs will purchase it. That said, I think most of the folks who would purchase a full frame would be glad for more resolution as compared to APS-C. Those who don't need it can just down-res their files. Storage is pretty cheap these days and my computer doesn't seem to complain with the 24 megapixels from the K3.
06-25-2015, 03:37 AM   #82
ogl
Pentaxian
ogl's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Siberia
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 7,220
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It will targeted at pros, but plenty of amateurs will purchase it. That said, I think most of the folks who would purchase a full frame would be glad for more resolution as compared to APS-C. Those who don't need it can just down-res their files. Storage is pretty cheap these days and my computer doesn't seem to complain with the 24 megapixels from the K3.
I'm perfectionist The storage is not problem. SPEED. I want fast operations. I don''t like to wait
06-25-2015, 03:54 AM   #83
Loyal Site Supporter
clackers's Avatar

Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: Melbourne
Photos: Albums
Posts: 8,894
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I'm perfectionist The storage is not problem. SPEED. I want fast operations. I don''t like to wait
Samsung is for you, then, Ogl!

06-25-2015, 04:12 AM   #84
Pentaxian




Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Romania
Posts: 9,253
Nope. What he "need" is the lowest resolution camera ever built. And since it must be a FF... perhaps a 6MP Contax N Digital?
With enough memory, the difference between 36MP to 42MP should not be that great; you'd wait in any case.

Anyway, Ogl, I find it strange to call yourself a perfectionist when you want fast results - not "perfect" results. But if you really can't wait (even with a fast PC and batch processing), if fast RAW processing is essential to you - and so is FF - you can get 12 and 16MP cameras today.
I hope it's clear that Pentax' will have a higher resolution (fortunately).
06-25-2015, 04:27 AM   #85
Pentaxian
gazonk's Avatar

Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Oslo area, Norway
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,512
QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Nope. What he "need" is the lowest resolution camera ever built. And since it must be a FF... perhaps a 6MP Contax N Digital?
Be kind. The Kodak DCS 760 would be a better choice!
06-25-2015, 04:46 AM   #86
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,285
It will be positioned next to the D750, but with D810 resolution and D4S Speed. It will kick Canonikon's ass big time!
06-25-2015, 05:03 AM   #87
Pentaxian
mecrox's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Oxford, UK
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 2,104
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Sorry, but Pentax has never had digital 35mm so the whispers cannot be coming from them.

Or Olympus or Panasonic, or your favourite example Fuji.

That f1.4 lenses are typically larger or manual focus shouldn't be an obstacle to someone who needs one.

At least on Pentax, they're all image stabilized.

If you want to throw away a Zeiss Otis as 'not for you', Mecrox, chuck it my way. ☺
The whispers will be coming from the Pentax any moment. The vast majority of users want good AF and that is where the broad mass of the market lies. What Nikon, Canon and Sony do is a guide to, perhaps, 90 per cent or more of the total ILC market.
06-25-2015, 05:53 AM   #88
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,950
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It will be positioned next to the D750, but with D810 resolution and D4S Speed. It will kick Canonikon's ass big time!
06-25-2015, 06:13 AM   #89
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,285
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I'll take that as a yes
06-25-2015, 06:18 AM   #90
Site Supporter
kenspo's Avatar

Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Oslo
Posts: 1,950
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I'll take that as a yes
Hehe, then you will be disappointed

To be honest, i start to get a feeling that they told me tone thing and maybe do something else. I will dobbelcheck my info over the weekend

Last edited by kenspo; 06-25-2015 at 06:29 AM.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
36mp, body, count, crop, d4, d800, december, dont, ff, interview, landscape, months, mp, nikon, november, offer, pentax, pentax ff camera, pentax news, pentax rumors, pentax shooter, people, photography, post, reason, ricoh, sensor, sony
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crazy way-out theory on the FF (just for fun). pathdoc Pentax Full Frame 17 05-13-2015 05:30 PM
Pets Ricoh Pup 4 months sherrvonne Post Your Photos! 5 05-08-2015 04:03 PM
Any Pentax FF camera field testers out there? rawr Pentax Full Frame 46 05-03-2015 04:37 PM
People 4 months in the world derelict Post Your Photos! 3 04-11-2015 06:39 AM
Online Photographer: FF will die out, except... philbaum Pentax Full Frame 401 07-11-2014 05:13 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:17 AM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top