Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 218 Likes Search this Thread
10-17-2015, 07:42 AM   #1111
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The task isn't complex at all, the functionality could be implemented in a very short amount of time.

As long as it is missing, the number of respective users will always be "small".
I have a feeling that our camera's already do these things.

Set in TAv mode you adjust the timer and while the scenery will be in balance the iso will change.

10-17-2015, 07:51 AM   #1112
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
I have a feeling that our camera's already do these things.
No, TAv mode automatically changes the ISO value, depending on the camera's meter, i.e., brightness changes in the scene will affect the ISO value.

What we are suggesting is maintaining a manual mode (the camera's meter is only used to display the camera's idea of under- and overexposure to the user in the form of a -/+ EV value), but simply completing the exposure lock functionality to incorporate manual changes to the ISO value, as well as manual changes to the aperture or shutter speed.
10-17-2015, 08:17 AM   #1113
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Class A Quote
The task isn't complex at all, the functionality could be implemented in a very short amount of time.

As long as it is missing, the number of respective users will always be "small".
I believe a reason for not many users understand or use Hyper-manual function is that the manual do not properly describe how it works, or what is the advantages of Hyper-manual mode.

On a camera designed for professional users Hyper-manual mode can offer a advantage as it can be time saver when it comes to setting up manual exposure. The second or two you save in setting the exposure can FI be more important than the speed of AF.
10-17-2015, 03:34 PM   #1114
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I believe a reason for not many users understand or use Hyper-manual function is that the manual do not properly describe how it works, or what is the advantages of Hyper-manual mode....

On a camera designed for professional users Hyper-manual mode can offer a advantage as it can be time saver when it comes to setting up manual exposure. The second or two you save in setting the exposure can FI be more important than the speed of AF.
Oh, come on... There is a great manual.... Never mind, my bad that was the K5... The "lovely" K3 manual was confused with a lager coaster (same size, same number of pages (thickness)....

10-17-2015, 04:32 PM - 2 Likes   #1115
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
The "lovely" K3 manual was confused with a lager coaster (same size, same number of pages (thickness)
Which does bring up another issue I hope Ricoh will address when/if they release a FF - the camera documentation they provide.

The manual for the K-3 was a real step backwards from the K-5 manual, and compares very poorly with manuals from competing systems (eg Nikon manuals, even Samsung manuals). That should certainly be improved for a serious camera with complex features, like the Pentax FF seems likely to be.

Plus an old gripe: Pentax can't seem to get into providing online supporting documentation either - white papers, user guides, even YouTube instructional videos. They need to create or sponsor a lot more of that alongside the FF introduction.

Not much point introducing an amazing camera if no-one can figure out all the features, or get them to work optimally.
10-17-2015, 04:47 PM   #1116
Pentaxian

i want to tell the camera "i'm using 67mm of extension tubes" and for that to be put into the exif info. and still want pressure sensitive shutter release button... to af slow or fast.
10-18-2015, 05:52 AM   #1117
Veteran Member

This first FF is mostly aimed at the pro's..So the features will be there after. So it won't come with all the strange stuff people are talking about and hoping for.

10-18-2015, 06:00 AM   #1118
Pentaxian

What no selfie button.......!
10-18-2015, 06:04 AM - 1 Like   #1119
Veteran Member

Of course it is. Main function. Thats why they delayed it. To optimize that button..
10-18-2015, 06:05 AM   #1120
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
This first FF is mostly aimed at the pro's..So the features will be there after
If you mean by that... a FF sensor, a big bright viewfinder, K mount, Grip, settings Manual, Aperture priority and shutter priority then bring it on.

Nothing fancy just a good solid, reliable workhorse, even manual focus works for me... so sooner the better.
10-18-2015, 06:05 AM   #1121
Pentaxian

This first FF is mostly aimed at the pro's..So the features will be there after. So it won't come with all the strange stuff people are talking about and hoping for.
"This first FF is..."
First? Gotcha Kenspo !!
10-18-2015, 06:11 AM   #1122
Pentaxian

Of course it is. Main function. Thats why they delayed it. To optimize that button..
When they could have just put in an idiotic smile detector!
10-18-2015, 06:13 AM   #1123
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
"This first FF is..."
First? Gotcha Kenspo !!
Eh..did i say something?
10-18-2015, 06:21 AM   #1124
Pentaxian

Ricoh would already be drafting new camera's before they bring out the FF since development time is about three years.
10-18-2015, 10:19 AM   #1125
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Ricoh would already be drafting new camera's before they bring out the FF since development time is about three years.
Of course but that's no funny at all. Making, gently, fun of Kenspo is a lot funnier (and I still might be in the truth lol, there was absolutely no reason to mention 'first' here unless....).