Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-21-2015, 02:08 AM   #1171
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Pentax is NOT a video oriented product line. Nor will be. That is, until the money drops off still shooting because everyone is plucking single frames off their video feeds. But that is years and years away..
1st:
The K-3's dedicated video button shows that Pentax IS going into that direction, at least that is what an official said in an interview.

2nd:
You have to read more interviews with Pentax representatives... here again --->
2. Similarly, do you have plans to expand and improve your video capabilities?
Users have been requesting video improvements, and they are being developed.

Read more at: 2015 Pentax Interview Transcript - CP+ 2015 | PentaxForums.com

10-21-2015, 07:19 AM   #1172
mee
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote
1st:
The K-3's dedicated video button shows that Pentax IS going into that direction, at least that is what an official said in an interview.

2nd:
You have to read more interviews with Pentax representatives... here again --->
2. Similarly, do you have plans to expand and improve your video capabilities?
Users have been requesting video improvements, and they are being developed.

Read more at: 2015 Pentax Interview Transcript - CP+ 2015 | PentaxForums.com
I suspect that is corporate speak for "We don't want to get caught off guard in an interview so see we made [minor] improvements"

Would you consider those cameras similar to what you asked? 'Improvements' is very vague.. it could mean they are tacking on a couple new, easy to implement features. It could mean a more dedicated view on video. I suspect the former... especially looking at the K-S2 that they tout.
10-21-2015, 01:10 PM   #1173
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
we've been rice rolled
Okay, I'm a few days late seeing this, but if we had a "Quote of the Month" contest that would be the winner. !
10-21-2015, 02:51 PM   #1174
Veteran Member

every improvement in video is highly appreciated...

10-21-2015, 04:52 PM   #1175
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by patarok Quote
every improvement in video is highly appreciated...
If video was my primary concern I'm not sure I'd have Pentax gear.. life is too short to wait for companies to align with one's need today... and, in Pentax's case, I think one might be waiting a long, long time.
10-21-2015, 05:36 PM - 1 Like   #1176
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
That is the thing for sure. I feel sorry for all these guys posting how much they want better video. It doesn't matter how many times people point out 'Pentax isn't going to do that." They just keep beating themselves up. It's painful to watch. You have to ask, what kind of perverse personality quirk would have someone wasting prerfectly good hope, on that particular thing. Soon we'll have our Full Frame, no one is even planning to do something for those guys.
10-21-2015, 06:27 PM   #1177
Veteran Member

Video capabilites are no main concern for me too... But i dont have a problem with progress and additional processing power.

And if hope is beating you up and makes you feel bad or like you have lost something, there may be something wrong with you and you always had a problem when it didnt work out exactly as you wished... One normally grows out of such a phase and feels that hope and other positive feelings do not make you loose anything.

Nobody said it has to be your main concern, but/or/and i really do not understand why your attitude should matter here, for Ricoh to improve their products,
so more people are willing to buy them.

I dont think i can speak for all pentax addicts, but i am sure no one would(or at least should) have a problem, if the Pentax FF is as good as some
5DIi when it comes to video)

Or would you dump the cam because of that?

" buoahh. stupid ...jap... now my FF DSLR has video capabilities... no i cant take it!! i'll give it back...." -- Really? hm

Why not scream and say: "Yeah! Godd... improve video!" It is not that you would have or should wait for it.(No one said that.) (you can go and buy a Canon i have no prob wiith that)

But it won't hurt you, and if Pentax hears more voices getting loud about video, they will do something and if you are really interested in the Pentax FF DSLR anyhow. You may buy it, consider its video qualities "good enough" and give back that Canon Body you only bought for filming if you dont feel the need for it anymore.

And keep in mind: Extended Video Capabilities always bring more processing power... (imagine what power is needed for 4K Vid rec.)... What may lead to higher still framerates also, despite the fact that really endless RAW shooting at a decent framerate could be possible...

I just dont get it, why some pentaxians always seem to go against improvements... is that fear of a higher pricing? what else can explain such an irrational attitude?
or is it that they got to have the feeling that they are in control of everything because their egos could not get along with the disappointment when the upcoming product doesnt fit their wishes exactly up to 100% and they handle that by pessimism?
Are they playing "bet and win" with themselves...?

Really no offense here most of all nothing personal, but i remember reading that kind of arguing a few times, and i dont remember reading such retrogressive comments in other systems forums... Maybe Leica Users comment alike "boah autofocus.. who needs autofocus.. totally overrated."

please dont feel offended and light your torches now "Anti-video-pentaxians"... just wanted you to reconsider a bit.
Dr. Frankenstein is on vacation now for about a month or so... long absent soon forgotten. See ya.

P.S.:
Cant wait to see the multitude of comments in which will be stated "arrh... we neither need fast still shooting framerates. bad progress. urgh."
Let me tell you one thing beforehand:
Go ANALog and dont waste your time in threads that are about progress in Pentax Product development.

I feel sorry for all those guys always pretending they will know and are in control of everything,

They just keep beating themselves up. It's painful to watch. You have to ask, what kind of perverse personality quirk would have someone wasting prerfectly good pessimism, on that particular thing. Soon we'll have our Full Frame, no one is even planning to do something for those guys. An analog back for instance; or maybe a new product line of lenses without any coatings, without the ability to focus.. bordered in wrought iron.
:P
10-22-2015, 01:35 AM   #1178
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
That is the thing for sure. I feel sorry for all these guys posting how much they want better video. It doesn't matter how many times people point out 'Pentax isn't going to do that." They just keep beating themselves up. It's painful to watch. You have to ask, what kind of perverse personality quirk would have someone wasting prerfectly good hope, on that particular thing. Soon we'll have our Full Frame, no one is even planning to do something for those guys.
Probably the same people screaming FF or death circa 2006-2013 despite Pentax stance (Never in the short to mid term).
Some people just love angst and strife with their photographic hobby

10-22-2015, 01:49 AM   #1179
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I would like to see 2 small but important improvements in Pentax new FF and cameras in general. Excuse me if they have already been incorporated in newer models, but I have the K-5...

1. In images reviewing to be able to see where the camera has focused.
2. Battery level info (exact level eg 33%) and maybe also battery condition (new, almost exhausted etc) are very helpful.

Both are Nikon features.
10-22-2015, 02:08 AM   #1180
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
Probably the same people screaming FF or death circa 2006-2013 despite Pentax stance (Never in the short to mid term). Some people just love angst and strife with their photographic hobby
it's only bad for Pentax, they lose too much market shares because of FF users never have a problem, if they don't have what they ask for, they switch !

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
1. In images reviewing to be able to see where the camera has focused. 2. Battery level info (exact level eg 33%) and maybe also battery condition (new, almost exhausted etc) are very helpful.
nice features !! I'd love to see that in Pentax
10-22-2015, 03:05 AM   #1181
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by redcat Quote
nice features !! I'd love to see that in Pentax
The k-3 does that...
10-22-2015, 03:59 AM   #1182
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
The k-3 does that...
??

In Nikon, in image playback, when reviewing an image you can see the focus points that were used in a shot [in the form of little red squares as an image overlay] on the rear LCD. I haven't seen a way to get that displayed on a K-3.
10-22-2015, 05:14 AM   #1183
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I haven't seen a way to get that displayed on a K-3.
Yes, k-3 playback you can see the AF points that were selected, you have to select the right display mode.
10-22-2015, 05:34 AM   #1184
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Yes, k-3 playback you can see the AF points that were selected, you have to select the right display mode.
Ah, I see what you mean. I should have noticed. On the K-3, press Play, press Info, select 'Detailed Information Display', and you will see a tiny display of the K-3 AF point matrix, with the active AF point indicated on the right of the screen, alongside a tiny image thumbnail on the left of the screen.

However with Nikon it's simpler - you can see a full size image on playback, with the AF points in use overlaid right on top of the shot image. You can see exactly what the AF points were on top of.
10-22-2015, 06:04 AM   #1185
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
I hope that do not include beta-testing of Pentax endoscopes.
If you've gotta do it...do it with a Pentax.