Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-24-2015, 11:11 PM   #76
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bossa Quote
amp-glow is a nightmare when I push shadows
It's not so bad on Nikon FF, even on the lowly D610. It's controllable even at ISO 25600. Learn to use the purple and magenta saturation sliders.

K-3/K-5/K-x also show the same behaviour when you push their shadows hard (ie 3-4 stops+).

06-24-2015, 11:24 PM   #77
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
It's not so bad on Nikon FF, even on the lowly D610. It's controllable even at ISO 25600. Learn to use the purple and magenta saturation sliders.

K-3/K-5/K-x also show the same behaviour when you push their shadows hard (ie 3-4 stops+).
Thanks for the reply, but I already do that when necessary and find that it takes something away from the image as a whole.

I've only seen pink amp glow on my K5 in one image exposed at night and where I wanted to push the shadows to an unreasonable level.

Last edited by bossa; 06-24-2015 at 11:29 PM.
06-24-2015, 11:44 PM - 1 Like   #78
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Where was it written the FF will be pitched at amateurs?

IMHO it will be a full-on professional camera that many dedicated enthusiasts and some wealthy amateurs will also buy.
FF is made for ANY human.

Strange conclusion...very strange. The professional is the distinctive feature of user, not the GEAR. It was, it is and it will be.

I have been using cameras for 35 years, but I'm amateur. Ben Kanarek used K-x for video and other APS-C cameras for HQ photos. But he is professional.
06-25-2015, 12:11 AM   #79
Veteran Member

Very strange or not, this first FF and the new lenses coming, are aimed at pros and the pro-marked. But that doesn't mean that amateurs and dedicated enthusiasts can't buy it. Pentax wants in to the pro-marked. And one of my missions, is to show other pros that Pentax is a good choice for the future. One of the reasons they signed me in the first place.

06-25-2015, 01:43 AM   #80
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mecrox Quote
Two are MF and three lack modern lens motors. And all four are FF focal lengths, not the APS-C equivalent. I was really thinking of lenses like the DA* 55mm f1.4 or the Fuji 23mm f1.4, lenses made with APS-C in mind. That's the point: if you want fast lenses on APS-C, chances are you will have to use FF ones. So, the companies whisper, why not move on to FF anyway, APS-C is for tourists with kit zooms, go on, the bank will love extending you a loan ... you know it makes sense,
Sorry, but Pentax has never had digital 35mm so the whispers cannot be coming from them.

Or Olympus or Panasonic, or your favourite example Fuji.

That f1.4 lenses are typically larger or manual focus shouldn't be an obstacle to someone who needs one.

At least on Pentax, they're all image stabilized.

If you want to throw away a Zeiss Otis as 'not for you', Mecrox, chuck it my way. ☺
06-25-2015, 03:10 AM   #81
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
FF is made for ANY human.

Strange conclusion...very strange. The professional is the distinctive feature of user, not the GEAR. It was, it is and it will be.

I have been using cameras for 35 years, but I'm amateur. Ben Kanarek used K-x for video and other APS-C cameras for HQ photos. But he is professional.
It will targeted at pros, but plenty of amateurs will purchase it. That said, I think most of the folks who would purchase a full frame would be glad for more resolution as compared to APS-C. Those who don't need it can just down-res their files. Storage is pretty cheap these days and my computer doesn't seem to complain with the 24 megapixels from the K3.
06-25-2015, 03:37 AM   #82
ogl
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
It will targeted at pros, but plenty of amateurs will purchase it. That said, I think most of the folks who would purchase a full frame would be glad for more resolution as compared to APS-C. Those who don't need it can just down-res their files. Storage is pretty cheap these days and my computer doesn't seem to complain with the 24 megapixels from the K3.
I'm perfectionist The storage is not problem. SPEED. I want fast operations. I don''t like to wait

06-25-2015, 03:54 AM   #83
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ogl Quote
I'm perfectionist The storage is not problem. SPEED. I want fast operations. I don''t like to wait
Samsung is for you, then, Ogl!
06-25-2015, 04:12 AM   #84
Pentaxian

Nope. What he "need" is the lowest resolution camera ever built. And since it must be a FF... perhaps a 6MP Contax N Digital?
With enough memory, the difference between 36MP to 42MP should not be that great; you'd wait in any case.

Anyway, Ogl, I find it strange to call yourself a perfectionist when you want fast results - not "perfect" results. But if you really can't wait (even with a fast PC and batch processing), if fast RAW processing is essential to you - and so is FF - you can get 12 and 16MP cameras today.
I hope it's clear that Pentax' will have a higher resolution (fortunately).
06-25-2015, 04:27 AM   #85
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Nope. What he "need" is the lowest resolution camera ever built. And since it must be a FF... perhaps a 6MP Contax N Digital?
Be kind. The Kodak DCS 760 would be a better choice!
06-25-2015, 04:46 AM   #86
Pentaxian

It will be positioned next to the D750, but with D810 resolution and D4S Speed. It will kick Canonikon's ass big time!
06-25-2015, 05:03 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Sorry, but Pentax has never had digital 35mm so the whispers cannot be coming from them.

Or Olympus or Panasonic, or your favourite example Fuji.

That f1.4 lenses are typically larger or manual focus shouldn't be an obstacle to someone who needs one.

At least on Pentax, they're all image stabilized.

If you want to throw away a Zeiss Otis as 'not for you', Mecrox, chuck it my way. ☺
The whispers will be coming from the Pentax any moment. The vast majority of users want good AF and that is where the broad mass of the market lies. What Nikon, Canon and Sony do is a guide to, perhaps, 90 per cent or more of the total ILC market.
06-25-2015, 05:53 AM   #88
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
It will be positioned next to the D750, but with D810 resolution and D4S Speed. It will kick Canonikon's ass big time!
06-25-2015, 06:13 AM   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I'll take that as a yes
06-25-2015, 06:18 AM   #90
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
I'll take that as a yes
Hehe, then you will be disappointed

To be honest, i start to get a feeling that they told me tone thing and maybe do something else. I will dobbelcheck my info over the weekend

Last edited by kenspo; 06-25-2015 at 06:29 AM.