Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 218 Likes Search this Thread
07-01-2015, 07:14 AM   #106
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rhmimac Quote
Oh yes, FF film still rules because of price for me Mr Amateur.

If you can find film and someplace to get it processed in the near future...

Kidding aside, my local Costco, which used Fuji Crystal Archive paper and well maintained Noristu print machines recently stopped processing film in store.

Thank heaven for pro labs like Reedy Photo, etc. still in existence near me. But for your average Joe, he wouldn't find a place to get film done without having to do a bit of searching even today.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I still say the new Sony 42MP BSI is the one... mainly because Kenspo went from posting about every 30 minutes to once or twice a day since Sony announced it and has avoided the subject like the plague! Ahahahahahahahah!

Eric

07-01-2015, 07:22 AM   #107
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
If you can find film and someplace to get it processed in the near future...

Kidding aside, my local Costco, which used Fuji Crystal Archive paper and well maintained Noristu print machines recently stopped processing film in store.

Thank heaven for pro labs like Reedy Photo, etc. still in existence near me. But for your average Joe, he wouldn't find a place to get film done without having to do a bit of searching even today.

Oh, and to stay on topic, I still say the new Sony 42MP BSI is the one... mainly because Kenspo went from posting about every 30 minutes to once or twice a day since Sony announced it and has avoided the subject like the plague! Ahahahahahahahah!

Eric
I don't know that he knows anything for certain. His information suggested that there was going to be a new sensor in the K3 II, but clearly it is the same one as in the K3. I just really don't know that there is any particular benefit to going 42 MP unless Pentax has the processor necessary to deal with 4K video and fast frame rate with large files. Maybe they do, but it would be the first time they've made an effort in those directions.
07-01-2015, 07:28 AM   #108
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I don't know that he knows anything for certain. His information suggested that there was going to be a new sensor in the K3 II, but clearly it is the same one as in the K3. I just really don't know that there is any particular benefit to going 42 MP unless Pentax has the processor necessary to deal with 4K video and fast frame rate with large files. Maybe they do, but it would be the first time they've made an effort in those directions.
I just re-read some posts and he definitely never said it would have a new sensor. He said it was the same sensor with some improvements. Possibly better high ISO handling, but the same sensor.
07-01-2015, 07:30 AM - 1 Like   #109
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote

Hmm... true, but maybe Ricoh was testing their peeps and giving false info to trace down some leaks? It's like DC politics. When you see the one rumor you only gave to so and so make the headlines, you know who your leaker is!

See, now we can have rumors AND paranoia! Awesome!

Eric

07-01-2015, 07:31 AM   #110
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by enoeske Quote
I just re-read some posts and he definitely never said it would have a new sensor. He said it was the same sensor with some improvements. Possibly better high ISO handling, but the same sensor.
They first gave me impression that they would use a new sensor. But what you write here, is what i was certain on and wrote before release.
07-01-2015, 08:06 AM   #111
Pentaxian

i'll just wait and see. rumors? pffff
07-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #112
Pentaxian

I think it's only 3months now, someone should change the thread title.

07-01-2015, 12:40 PM - 1 Like   #113

How about Ricoh stuffs the A7R II in a K3 body, processor and all? Lose the mirror and put an EVF in the pentaprism housing. I'd pay $3K for that; Pentax glass complete with (screwdrive) AF feeding that sweet sensor, without using an adapter.
07-01-2015, 12:52 PM - 2 Likes   #114
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by danielwsc Quote
How about Ricoh stuffs the A7R II in a K3 body, processor and all? Lose the mirror and put an EVF in the pentaprism housing. I'd pay $3K for that; Pentax glass complete with (screwdrive) AF feeding that sweet sensor, without using an adapter.
ugh, no thanks
07-01-2015, 01:08 PM - 1 Like   #115
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I heard Ricoh was taking the optics from the SR 71 Blackbird and shrinking them to fit in the K3 body and working with China to put Six Clicks on a chip. The prototype weighs 125 pounds - which they feel they can cut by 75% for production - but it can resolve a monkey's ass in a forest from 5 miles away at 20 fps on a full frame chip.
07-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #116
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JPT Quote
From what Sony has been saying about the 42mp sensor in interviews, it should perform better than the 36mp in every way, so I see little reason for Ricoh to go with the old one. It would hardly be an aggressive move to come out with something that Nikon has been using for several years and that Sony has just discontinued use of.

One of the few bits of definitive information that Ricoh actually shared about the Pentax FF of that it would have an APS-C crop mode. That would seem to rule out a 20mp sensor.

So, I'm guessing it will have a 42mp sensor. But I also think a second cheaper model with a more modest mp count will be available soon.
I have to agree with 42mp. Trying to market a new FF camera using a 36mp sensor that both Sony and it's biggest customer Nikon have moved on from, would be quite difficult. It would also mean buyers would expect it to be considerably cheaper as it's not perceived as being the 'latest', no matter how good it might be.
07-05-2015, 10:06 PM   #117
Veteran Member

Since this thread's been up for two weeks, can we get the title revised to say "3.5 months"? You know, not that we're counting or anything.
07-05-2015, 10:38 PM   #118
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by K David Quote
Since this thread's been up for two weeks, can we get the title revised to say "3.5 months"? You know, not that we're counting or anything.
Good idea.
We need a dynamic count-down timer, which updates itself every day until end October.
[And which is easy to re-set, if needed - for some date in 2016, 2017, 2018 ... ]
07-06-2015, 06:04 AM - 2 Likes   #119
Banned

countdown
07-06-2015, 06:26 AM   #120
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well done. It's set to Tokyo time, which is useful.