Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-26-2015, 01:40 AM   #571
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
Ooooh, nice ! Please post them when they return home after their treatment ...
Will do....hopefully here tomorrow.

08-26-2015, 03:14 AM   #572
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Great news indeed !!!
And i don't see why Sony's last sensor would not be in the feast !
I has been told that, to give an advantage to Sony camera business, Pentax (and Nikon too) has to wait 6 months after the release of the sensor. During this 6 month period, Sony camera division has the exclusivity.
08-26-2015, 03:22 AM   #573
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
I has been told that, to give an advantage to Sony camera business, Pentax (and Nikon too) has to wait 6 months after the release of the sensor. During this 6 month period, Sony camera division has the exclusivity.
Seems good money will let them change their stand.
08-26-2015, 03:24 AM   #574
Site Supporter

This has been discussed before. Perhaps deals like this have existed in the past. But we know for certain that Sony, Nikon and Pentax all got the 16MP sensor within a month of each other in 2010.

Plus November or December in stores would be six months since the original expected release of the A7RII anyhow.

08-26-2015, 03:44 AM   #575
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Guitarra Quote
Anyone has an idea of the price Pentax is going to ask for the FF?
I rather have still photography camera, no movie, etc. I do not use it for video.
I doubt they will make a special camera for you. Many others would like movie functionality. Removing movie functionality isn't going to save cost ether.
08-26-2015, 04:01 AM   #576
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
I doubt they will make a special camera for you. Many others would like movie functionality. Removing movie functionality isn't going to save cost ether.
It would actually but indirectly. And it would kill part of the market for the camera.
08-26-2015, 04:21 AM   #577
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Deimos Quote
This has been discussed before. Perhaps deals like this have existed in the past. But we know for certain that Sony, Nikon and Pentax all got the 16MP sensor within a month of each other in 2010.

Plus November or December in stores would be six months since the original expected release of the A7RII anyhow.
But the A7R camera was announced in June...

08-26-2015, 04:53 AM   #578
Site Supporter

But the A7R camera was announced in June...
It was rumored to be expected for April I believe. But who knows
http://www.sonyalpharumors.com/small-update-on-a7rii-and-a7000-rumors/
08-26-2015, 12:11 PM   #579
Veteran Member

Rumours in April, official press release in June. Let's hope it will not be the same for Pentax. Or the same story as the 70-210 zoom...
09-02-2015, 03:31 AM   #580
Pentaxian

These lenses would fit the FF very well, if brought out in K-mount. Tamron relaunches SP series with 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD and SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD: Digital Photography Review . Who knows maybe DFA 35mm F1.8 WR and DFA 45mm 1.8 WR

I think the VC makes them too big. Especially compared to the 43mm F1.9 ltd.
09-02-2015, 04:51 AM   #581
Veteran Member

Look at it logically why would Sony Sensor deliberately cripple their own market .?

If they don't sell cutting edge when available someone else will.

The only time I've known 'preferential' lead time was when sensor production was lower than Sony could supply Nikon and then it was 'lead times' to the next purchaser not deliberately stifling competition.

If Sony Cameras make a nice profit off Sony sensor favoritism and Sony Sensor make a loss or less profit then staff at Sony sensors will find themselves redundant.
on the other hand
I Sony Cameras can;t make a profit with a level playing field then it's camera staff who go and Sony Sensor personal can continue to feed their families.

So if you were the decision maker at Sony sensors would you try and fix the market where though your the biggest player your not the only one.
09-02-2015, 05:05 AM   #582
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Who knows maybe DFA 35mm F1.8 WR and DFA 45mm 1.8 WR
they looks more like Sigma Art than FA Limited ^^ but again if those lens are not for K mount, they have nothing to do with me, less LBA problem
09-02-2015, 05:19 AM - 1 Like   #583
Veteran Member

These lenses would fit the FF very well, if brought out in K-mount. Tamron relaunches SP series with 35mm F1.8 Di VC USD and SP 45mm F1.8 Di VC USD: Digital Photography Review . Who knows maybe DFA 35mm F1.8 WR and DFA 45mm 1.8 WR

It would make little sense to make K-mount versions of these because VC has no value on a SR camera, and because it would compete against the much cheaper DA35/2,4 and DA50/1,8 and most likely D-FA variants.
09-02-2015, 05:35 AM   #584
Veteran Member

You may have heard something else, but the girls like BIG lenses... ;P Joking aside:

I like the idea of having also VC built into lenses even for Pentax mount. I loved my Sigma 150-500mm OS. It played all so well with the K-3s built in SR.... It worked like a charm.
I would really love to get that 150-600mm Tamron lens WITH built in VC.... :P (that would be deeelicious...)

AND I would also love to see a 85mm 1.4 or 1.2 Di from Tamron.

---------- Post added 09-02-15 at 05:47 AM ----------

... because it would compete against the much cheaper DA35/2,4 and DA50/1,8 and most likely D-FA variants.
I see your point, but it don't see these lenses competing with each other... 1.8 (if it is good) is another league than 2.4 but if it aint has a weather sealing, the 45mm Tammy may not stand a chance against pentaXes DA 50 1.8 since this DA also works as a FF lens. But many people could consider a buy just because of the silent AF... I am also thinking all the time about getting rid of my DA 18-55mm WR and buy a DA 18-50mm WR DC instead.

But since i can't effort to blow my money out of the window i'll not buy and exchange lenses only because i like one feature. At least until i make money with my photography.

But many people live a different life... I guess there could be a lot of customers interested in those lenses.
09-02-2015, 05:56 AM   #585
Pentaxian

It would make little sense to make K-mount versions of these because VC has no value on a SR camera, and because it would compete against the much cheaper DA35/2,4 and DA50/1,8 and most likely D-FA variants.
A non stabilized version for Sony will come later, so why not Pentax. But I was talking about Pentax branded versions of the same design. New primes for the FF.