Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 124 Likes Search this Thread
08-15-2015, 07:08 PM   #601
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
Spain actually, and it was $2000€
Which was about $2,166 in March and is about $2,222 today.

08-15-2015, 07:18 PM   #602
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
On later messages, he says about a increase in price (200€ or more) on new pre-orders, and say "very, very soon" about the camera
08-15-2015, 07:45 PM   #603
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

On later messages, he says about a increase in price (200€ or more) on new pre-orders, and say "very, very soon" about the camera
So one dealer in the whole world has a price list and is taking pre-orders? Forgive me for having a certain amount of skepticism...............
08-15-2015, 07:50 PM   #604
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
So one dealer in the whole world has a price list and is taking pre-orders? Forgive me for having a certain amount of skepticism...............
If the release date is so close, all dealers including Adorama and BH must have a price list right now, Ricoh have to sell, produce and ship before the actual release date

08-15-2015, 08:27 PM   #605
Veteran Member

yes Spain,with unemployment at what 30-40% for young people about as credible as the refugees ceasing to come to the EU buy the 1000's every day,but his shop gets alot of free PR!!!
08-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #606
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

If the release date is so close, all dealers including Adorama and BH must have a price list right now, Ricoh have to sell, produce and ship before the actual release date
But someone is taking pre-orders? That makes no sense to me.
08-15-2015, 08:28 PM   #607
Veteran Member

so can't some tech savvy person hack their databse..piece of cake I imagine

08-15-2015, 08:57 PM   #608
Veteran Member

But someone is taking pre-orders? That makes no sense to me.
Why? All sellers in some point gonna make pre-orders, even Adorama and B&H make a preorder for the DFA70-200, where's the release date? you have a price, you can sell, easy as it sound.
08-15-2015, 09:17 PM   #609
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Why? All sellers in some point gonna make pre-orders, even Adorama and B&H make a preorder for the DFA70-200, where's the release date? you have a price, you can sell, easy as it sound.
Because only one dealer in the world is doing it? That does not sound like they have a pricelist it sounds like a publicity stunt. But I have not seen the original posting, does anyone have a link to that? I would like to check the website and see if you can order.

---------- Post added 08-15-15 at 09:26 PM ----------

OK, found the link. Here is the site: PRE-ORDER (señal de reserva) Pentax Full Frame (cuerpo), La Tienda Pentaxeros I thought my Spanish would be up to it but unfortunately I am rustier than I thought. Would anyone care to translate the relevant parts? All I see is something about 800 euro pre-payment with balance due on delivery. I see nothing about the actual price, only an 800 euro deposit for them to pre-order? But I defer to anyone with better Spanish.
08-15-2015, 10:11 PM   #610
Veteran Member

it sounds like a publicity stunt.

Well, is working....

OK, found the link. Here is the site: PRE-ORDER (señal de reserva) Pentax Full Frame (cuerpo), La Tienda Pentaxeros I thought my Spanish would be up to it but unfortunately I am rustier than I thought. Would anyone care to translate the relevant parts? All I see is something about 800 euro pre-payment with balance due on delivery. I see nothing about the actual price, only an 800 euro deposit for them to pre-order? But I defer to anyone with better Spanish.
Thats is all it say on that page, the page have change since march.... my english is rust so i can traslate properly from spanish to english.

But they gonna have a meeting in Barcelona on November 13,14,15

IV Congreso Photo Pentax - Barcelona 13, 14 y 15 de Noviembre 2015 - IV Congreso Photo Pentax 2015
08-15-2015, 10:24 PM   #611
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, is working....
LOL. I think maybe you are right. I hope these guys are legitimate. Reminds me of the ebay scam where seller posts something not yet available but in demand for an inflated amount. And promises delivery 2 weeks after the item is released. Seems to work as they do it all the time.

But maybe I am missing something as my language skills are not as good and I might be missing a nuance a Spanish speaker would see.
08-15-2015, 10:39 PM   #612
Veteran Member

LOL. I think maybe you are right. I hope these guys are legitimate. Reminds me of the ebay scam where seller posts something not yet available but in demand for an inflated amount. And promises delivery 2 weeks after the item is released. Seems to work as they do it all the time.

But maybe I am missing something as my language skills are not as good and I might be missing a nuance a Spanish speaker would see.
They are a legitimate store, dont know about his info, but so far they have been accurate on the hints they gave.
08-16-2015, 12:02 AM   #613
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
they are also an official pentax 645 dealer. There site is on the ricoh-imaging.es site
08-16-2015, 12:57 AM - 1 Like   #614
Pentaxian

Actually it would be $1,836 since the Spanish price includes 21% VAT and the US sales tax is over and above the listed price.

---------- Post added 08-16-2015 at 10:18 AM ----------

(...)

[/COLOR]OK, found the link. Here is the site: PRE-ORDER (señal de reserva) Pentax Full Frame (cuerpo), La Tienda Pentaxeros I thought my Spanish would be up to it but unfortunately I am rustier than I thought. Would anyone care to translate the relevant parts? All I see is something about 800 euro pre-payment with balance due on delivery. I see nothing about the actual price, only an 800 euro deposit for them to pre-order? But I defer to anyone with better Spanish.
They also have a mini website dedicated to the full frame Pentax camera:

Nueva Cámara Profesional Full Frame Pentax - Pentax Full Frame

The page under "Comprar" (buy) Precios, Comprar Pentax Full Frame - Pentax Full Frame says:

"Precios, Comprar Pentax Full Frame

La nueva Pentax Full Frame, estará disponible en Octubre de 2015.

El precio de venta es de aproximadamente 2000€ el cuerpo.

Puedes PRE-RESERVAR LA PENTAX FULL FRAME una unidad en La Tienda Pentaxeros.
"

which can be translated as follows:

"Prices, Buy Pentax Full Frame camera

The new Pentax Full Frame camera will be available in October 2015.

The sale price is about €2,000 body only.

You can pre-order the Pentax Full Frame camera (body only) in Pentaxeros Shop.
"

with a link to the page you made a reference to. On this one, one can read:

"Comprando este ARTICULO puedes hacer tu PRE RESERVAdejando una señal de RESERVA de la Pentax Full Frame, quedando pendiente el pago del resto a definir cuando este disponible en STOCK.

Las pedidos se serviran en extricto orden de compra.

El pago se realiza asi:

• Ahora señal de PRE RESERVA -> 800€ (pagando este articulo)

• Queda pendiente un segundo pago que se define mas adelante, y se paga cuando este disponible la camara (en el ultimo trimestre 2015)
"

which can be translated as follows:

"To buy this product you can can pre-order the Pentax Full Frame camera, pending payment of the remainder to be defined when available in stock.

Orders will be served strictly according to pre-order ranking.

Payment will be made as follows:

• Now at pre-order -> €800 (advance payment for this item)

• a second, deferred payment to be defined later and paid when the camera is available (in the last quarter of 2015).
"

In short: to be among the first to receive your Pentax full frame camera when available, you make now a down payment of €800 and will pay the balance to MRSP when the camera is available.

(pardon me if the translation is a bit rough at times, it's not always easy for a Frenchman to translate Spanish into English)

An easy way to get some publicity and cash in quite a few down payments together with a useful tool to estimate sales volumes.

Last edited by Mistral75; 08-16-2015 at 01:21 AM.
08-16-2015, 04:00 AM   #615
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
So then your single-source rumor that you recall from nearly twenty years ago is more credible than decades of registered patents? And how many patents did Hirakawa register with all the other companies for whom he worked 'under contract' during the period?

Ahem.
It wasn't rumor but information provided by the person in question on his own mailing list!
Registered patents doesn't tell where you are permanently employed but who you are doing the work for.
The whole point is that there's no reason to suspect this person was fired by anyone. The source for this rumor is RiceHigh based on the fact that Hoya "fired" people...
One thing is rumors about cameras and lenses; something entirely different are rumors about peoples employment. Not to mention who fired who, if at all.

---------- Post added 08-16-15 at 01:04 PM ----------

There was that shop in Portugal taking pre-orders at $2000 . . . . . [EDIT: see next]
Threre's a shop in Norway that take preorders at 1NOK (=$0.12)

---------- Post added 08-16-15 at 01:13 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
This probably belongs in here before someone makes another bs thread: 2 pentax ff not one ..: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review
Not that it will stop anybody...
I don't believe before I see it. And hardly then....

Last edited by Pål Jensen; 08-16-2015 at 04:15 AM.