Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 124 Likes Search this Thread
08-27-2015, 04:47 PM   #691
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Pentax, Tamron, Sigma, Tokina.. as long as is a good lens that delivers good IQ, and that fits the kind of shooting that each of us are looking for i dont think that the brand will matter. Its all part of the K system.

08-28-2015, 03:46 AM   #692
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kooks Quote
Pentax, Tamron, Sigma, Tokina.. as long as is a good lens that delivers good IQ, and that fits the kind of shooting that each of us are looking for i dont think that the brand will matter. Its all part of the K system.
My thoughts, exactly... EXCEPT... Sigma needs to stop copying erroneous EXIF data generation codes in their lenses, and contribute real codes.... Else too many workarounds needed. On the 2nd Gen 150-500 OS lens they had a decent code in ours. The 120-400 returned 70-210 coding as opposed to a proper length...
08-28-2015, 05:09 AM   #693
Site Supporter

Lets see, I have the Sigma 12-24, Sigma 24-70, Tamron 70-200, and Sigma 150-500 along with other stuff that will work for full frame. I think I am covered.
08-28-2015, 05:49 AM   #694
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by GlassJunkie Quote
My thoughts, exactly... EXCEPT... Sigma needs to stop copying erroneous EXIF data generation codes in their lenses, and contribute real codes.... Else too many workarounds needed. On the 2nd Gen 150-500 OS lens they had a decent code in ours. The 120-400 returned 70-210 coding as opposed to a proper length...
That's right, even DxO and DxO users are getting problems dealing with this.
Plus Pentax should also put other data in its' exifs, than pure reference codes.... that doesn't help... because sometimes these codes are the same as Tamron's, Sigma's , etc...

08-28-2015, 08:00 AM   #695
Veteran Member

Ok that's a common problem and it's not my 120-400. Good to know.
09-18-2015, 05:57 AM   #696
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
I dont have rumours..Only straight info
Which, retrospectively, has unfortunately to be taken with a grain of salt:

(...) My task is clearly to attract more users over to Pentax, especially pro's. Their plan was to release a FF earlier, but they know they can't deliver anything but the best, so they will release the best possible FF soon (...)
QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
when is soon? autumn 2015 or winter/spring 2016?
Late october/early november. THIS year!
09-18-2015, 06:38 AM   #697
Veteran Member

That probably was straight info, wrong but still straight. I don't blame Kespro it's not his fault and he'll have to suffer more than us from this delay.

09-18-2015, 06:50 AM   #698
Veteran Member

It was straight info! From them directly. I couldn't see that it would change. At least i got answers on why.
09-18-2015, 07:48 AM   #699
Pentaxian

It was straight info! From them directly. I couldn't see that it would change. At least i got answers on why.
It definitely was on your part and I do not question your good faith nor do I intend to offend you -I hope I didn't.

It just happens that you can't know the actual facts, their evolution and the reasons behind as only a high-ranking Japanese insider would. You know what you are told and shown by people who only know themselves what they are told and shown and who spread the information they are requested to. You then let part of these pieces of information trickle down here (and people in this forum are thankful for that). Volens nolens, you are taking part in a broader marketing action plan elaborated far, far away.
09-18-2015, 07:55 AM   #700
Veteran Member

One would think that Ricoh would be courteous enough to keep you guys updated on significant changes. Keeping the brand ambassadors in the dark is probably not the smartest idea.
09-19-2015, 01:51 AM   #701
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
One would think that Ricoh would be courteous enough to keep you guys updated on significant changes. Keeping the brand ambassadors in the dark is probably not the smartest idea.
If you decide to delay, you need to control that information. The last thing you want is to have different people giving different dates adn them not being synchronized because you don"t control this information.

So it was easier to not say anything and then announce a delay officially even if obviously they may had the info that it would happen from the begining the first time they announced the FF.

Would they have announced from day 1 spring 2016, some may have decided they didn't want to wait that long and also they would not have the same level of information they have now because they were earlier in the project. Maybe they had to wait for the Sony sensor, maybe there delay to get mandatory FF lenses, maybe they need to had a key feature and it took longer than foreseen. Maybe the sales where so low this year that's the priority was to reduce the inventory and accumulate money to be able to manufacture enough FF bodies and lenses.

Anyway, they can't afford to fail in such difficult market.
09-19-2015, 03:57 AM   #702
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Both Kenspo and Asahi man were given the October 6 date. If both ambassadors were given this info then that's the info to start with. No one can blame them for that.
The reason for the delay can only be answered by Ricoh and, I don't think they'll tell us.
09-20-2015, 07:54 AM   #703
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Both Kenspo and Asahi man were given the October 6 date. If both ambassadors were given this info then that's the info to start with. No one can blame them for that.
The reason for the delay can only be answered by Ricoh and, I don't think they'll tell us.
They never said it would be released on oct 6. There will be some news.
09-20-2015, 12:03 PM - 3 Likes   #704
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
But why should they say?

There have 2 choice:
- lie and say something positive
- say the truth and get even more blame from the fanatics.

The reality is that they likely wanted to deliver this automn and to be in the ideal situation to have it in quantity available everywhere begining of november so people can buy for Christmass. That didn't happen. Maybe the lenses have quality issues and are not ready and they think without proper 24-70 and 70-200 nobody would buy the FF. Maybe they got some bugs they need to be fixed. maybe manufacturing is a bit late... Maybe they can only manufacture the FF if they reduce their inventory of K3, K3-II and KS2 and so due to the terrible year for everybody, they want to use the sales of Christmas to fund the manufacturing... Maybe one key feature they really need is late and they thing they can't go without it...

Anything may have hapened. And likely this is a combination of several things together. One thing is sure some people here are a bit fanatic and they don't have the maturity to accept the truth...

In the thread some people are already crasy:
- Some insist Ricoh lied.The way they say it, it seems terrible... A bit like if their girlfriend/boyfriend did it with somebody else and didn't say. And like many love affair, they don't really now for sure, but in doubt they play the offended.
- One say that because the FF is a bit late, he will switch to APSC Fuji mirorless... So why did he waited for a big DSLR FF body then?
- Some explain that they have a project that NEED, not before october, no just between october and next spring. This is like they didn't have anything like that in the past 10 years, never they needed an FF but suddenly, it become urgent.
- Some explain the upcoming FF will not support screw drive AF neither SDM or DC. We could ask ourselve if it will focus at all.
- One another explain the engineer will never manage to have SR on the FF... Like it is not possible to use exactly the same existing SR, adapt it a bit, maybe be limite to 3stop gain instead of 4stops and call it a day. The issue is so big he sold all of his Pentax gear !
- A rumor say that Ricoh may aquire RED and now instantly this is because we will get the RED wonderfull software inside our camera... Even before the sales are officialized and instantly ! Not like he would require a few years to ensure the team are working together!

Really we react like a buch of baddly educated children that discover they'll get their present a bit late for Cristmas and so now we scream to whomever accept to listen to us.

Last edited by Nicolas06; 09-20-2015 at 12:18 PM.
09-20-2015, 12:55 PM   #705
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
But why should they say?

Really we react like a buch of baddly educated children that discover they'll get their present a bit late for Cristmas and so now we scream to whomever accept to listen to us.
Excellent point...

You might not remember, but the time when children reckon Christmas father is a legend, yes is a hard time.

To consolate myself, meanwhile and waiting for really good news, i had to grabb a 5 years garanteed K-5II.