Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-24-2015, 04:54 PM   #181
Pentaxian

Nothing real behind this thread woodywesty. The only new Pentax Camera around the corner is the FF.

07-24-2015, 06:13 PM   #182
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Glorfindelrb Quote
Nothing real behind this thread woodywesty. The only new Pentax Camera around the corner is the FF.

You're probably right. It would be too soon after the release of the K3ll for the K3/K3ll replacement, but ya never know!

I am really happy for the folks who have waited a loooong time for the fullframe and I'm excited to see its release but I'm pretty fixed on APSC and invested in DA* lenses. Was just hoping for maybe a little jump in focus speed/accuracy.
07-24-2015, 06:47 PM   #183
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
I was thinking about getting a K3ll next month but if something a bit better is just around the corner I'll wait.... ;-)
Something better is always just around the corner. Yesterday, I ordered a K-3 II with the 16-85 mm lens.
07-24-2015, 07:30 PM   #184
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Yep, the corner has also a cost...

07-25-2015, 05:00 PM   #185
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by woodywesty Quote
You're probably right. It would be too soon after the release of the K3ll for the K3/K3ll replacement, but ya never know!

I am really happy for the folks who have waited a loooong time for the fullframe and I'm excited to see its release but I'm pretty fixed on APSC and invested in DA* lenses. Was just hoping for maybe a little jump in focus speed/accuracy.
If the FF camera has state of the art continuous auto focus capability and also provides for a 'cropped' mode (seems like they would have to offer this), I will probably buy it just for getting decent auto focus for wildlife photography. My preference would be a Pentax K3 with auto focus on par with the Nikon 7200.
07-25-2015, 07:41 PM   #186
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

The Pentax executives interviewed in February said that crop mode is a high priority. I believe all the main FF our now have it, Sony A7s certainly do.
07-25-2015, 09:00 PM   #187
mee
Pentaxian

If it is anything like the d810 it will have several modes.. FF, 1.2x crop mode, 1.5x (APS-C) crop mode, and a 5:4 mode. I suspect the 1.2x would likely satisfy the issues with A LOT of DA lenses that seem to be 'almost' there on the vignetting in the edges..
07-25-2015, 09:35 PM   #188
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
vignetting in the edges..
That's the mark of full-frame. It's a desirable feature, not a bug. Why try and get rid of it.

07-26-2015, 06:19 AM - 1 Like   #189
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
If it is anything like the d810 it will have several modes.. FF, 1.2x crop mode, 1.5x (APS-C) crop mode, and a 5:4 mode. I suspect the 1.2x would likely satisfy the issues with A LOT of DA lenses that seem to be 'almost' there on the vignetting in the edges..
Wich is why they should have made an aps-h camera for last Photokina.
07-26-2015, 07:03 AM   #190
mee
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Wich is why they should have made an aps-h camera for last Photokina.
It would have been interesting for sure.
07-27-2015, 04:00 AM   #191
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
That would yes be so exciting

@nicolas06 : yes and no : any industrial product has to evolve, including washmachines, so there is virtually no exception to fast turnover in novelties marketing ; and by "ambient capitalism" i just mean the standards that have to be met in terms of income expansion, ROCE, and so on : i.o. to meet shareholders and "corporate market" law or criteria - said differently : basically to stay afloat or progress against competition, and i agree with D1N0
You know that for many years washing machine where able to wash and dry clothes quite well... There were able to do just that 20 years ago (likely much more) and that likely to be still be the main feature for the next 20 years. That being said, I don't see any reason to buy a new one until the previous one stop functionning...

It is not like I'am so interrested in washing clothes that I need every little useless feature the next machine could have. And well if you spend a lot on better washing machine, the same money could be spent on a person that use the old one and take care of all the tedius tasks for you... That a far better investement are the goal of theses things is to not have to think at all of washing your clothes... or at least spent the less time possible on that kind of stuff. Life is short and you have only 1 life.
07-27-2015, 08:09 AM   #192
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
You know that for many years washing machine where able to wash and dry clothes quite well... There were able to do just that 20 years ago (likely much more) and that likely to be still be the main feature for the next 20 years. That being said, I don't see any reason to buy a new one until the previous one stop functionning...

It is not like I'am so interrested in washing clothes that I need every little useless feature the next machine could have. And well if you spend a lot on better washing machine, the same money could be spent on a person that use the old one and take care of all the tedius tasks for you... That a far better investement are the goal of theses things is to not have to think at all of washing your clothes... or at least spent the less time possible on that kind of stuff. Life is short and you have only 1 life.
Camera's are now in the same place. If you buy a K-3ii you are good to go until 2020.
07-27-2015, 09:03 AM   #193
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I still use my first K-5 dated oct. 2010.
But longevity has dropped overall for wash-machines....
07-27-2015, 04:30 PM   #194
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
You know that for many years washing machine where able to wash and dry clothes quite well... There were able to do just that 20 years ago (likely much more) and that likely to be still be the main feature for the next 20 years. That being said, I don't see any reason to buy a new one until the previous one stop functionning.
You will when they start charging you a market rate for your water!

But cameras have gone in the other direction.
With digital, we no longer have to pay real money for every new piece of film exposed.
07-27-2015, 07:21 PM   #195
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
You will when they start charging you a market rate for your water!
I'm not sure what you mean by that.
My local utility currently charges me what it costs them to deliver the water to my home.