Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-04-2016, 07:30 AM - 2 Likes   #436

QuoteOriginally posted by pinholecam Quote
I fell asleep like I always did when the calculus prof started the lecture.

Just hand me the exam question tips at the end of the lecture... ok?

You know, if they really want our attention, I think a video outlining the underlying concepts with Kate Upton and a whiteboard, on a beach in Queensland (Your welcome, Rawr...) would facilitate things a bit...

02-04-2016, 07:57 AM   #437
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It will be interesting to see the megapixel count on the FF. If it is high enough the camera's DX crop mode could make it a win-win for users who need the reach a cropped sensor provides, but also want the advantages of being able to use wider FF lenses at their intended FOV. It is a question of how useful/necessary the latter is to the end user. Different cameras for different needs. Nikon's D500 is confirmation that the former (longer reach of APS-C) is important to enough to end users and recognition that FF DX mode only partially meets that need.
02-04-2016, 01:26 PM   #438
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DoubtingThomas Quote
You know, if they really want our attention, I think a video outlining the underlying concepts with Kate Upton and a whiteboard, on a beach in Queensland (Your welcome, Rawr...) would facilitate things a bit...
Indeed - the Cat Daddy would get attention as would leading technology auto focus tracking
02-04-2016, 02:58 PM   #439
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Well, if this new APSC camera is coming which can take great images at iso 6400, that will make me mumble and grumble. I just purchased my k-3II. Last September. But I guess in a couple of years, I will surely get one if it's that good. After all full frame ain't my thing.

02-06-2016, 03:21 AM   #440
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Let's just wait and see if the new/ upgraded 24MP sensor in the A6300 is any good before deciding that Pentax should adopt it. If it only improves the photo specs by 5-10%, Pentax may not want to use it.

What they could do instead is a D5/D500 style feature migration. Stick with a slightly re-tuned version of the current 24MP sensor, then pour a pile of the advanced tech from the Pentax FF (AF, viewfinder, metering, video? etc) into the new APS-C body.
Hopefully it'd be a bit smaller and lighter though... I like the K-5/3 form factor and weight (3 is a bit heavy, but still acceptable).

Apparently the new a6300, which would probably have the same sensor that Pentax might end up using, does 6K readouts. That means image quality should be great even for 4K video (let alone 1080p...), which is very useful even when you want to output 1080p only. That is, if the processor that Pentax uses will support it and if Pentax will implement it (I see issues at this point...).

I wouldn't mind them using the latest Sony sensor, unless it is terrible (doesn't look like it is). It may not bring many improvements for stills, but it should bring them for video, like that faster readout speed. The latest Fujitsu processors seem to be not terrible anymore, too. Plus the continuous AF of the sensor seems to be pretty mental... only problem for birders is that shooting through the LCD won't give the camera enough stability.

If Pentax can give me a K-3 successor with this sensor, uncropped 4K/1080p, SR during video, LOG and the stills image quality and handling I expect from Pentax, I'm absolutely going to buy it. Problem is that I need good stills and good video for work.
02-06-2016, 07:42 PM   #441
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kadajawi Quote
Hopefully it'd be a bit smaller and lighter though... I like the K-5/3 form factor and weight (3 is a bit heavy, but still acceptable).

Apparently the new a6300, which would probably have the same sensor that Pentax might end up using, does 6K readouts. That means image quality should be great even for 4K video (let alone 1080p...), which is very useful even when you want to output 1080p only. That is, if the processor that Pentax uses will support it and if Pentax will implement it (I see issues at this point...).

I wouldn't mind them using the latest Sony sensor, unless it is terrible (doesn't look like it is). It may not bring many improvements for stills, but it should bring them for video, like that faster readout speed. The latest Fujitsu processors seem to be not terrible anymore, too. Plus the continuous AF of the sensor seems to be pretty mental... only problem for birders is that shooting through the LCD won't give the camera enough stability.

If Pentax can give me a K-3 successor with this sensor, uncropped 4K/1080p, SR during video, LOG and the stills image quality and handling I expect from Pentax, I'm absolutely going to buy it. Problem is that I need good stills and good video for work.
With the technology advance in processors, I think 4K will gradually become a must-have for all (at least non-entry level) DSLR/mirrorless. It is a surprise that Olympus Pen-F did not include 4K.
02-07-2016, 04:34 AM - 1 Like   #442
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I just went out taking pictures with my k-3II. I still wish we can have an APS-C that can shoot noise free at least at 3200.

02-07-2016, 05:04 AM - 1 Like   #443
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I just went out taking pictures with my k-3II. I still wish we can have an APS-C that can shoot noise free at least at 3200.
if you use super pixel shift function in k3ii, you should be able to achieve it! Only working for static objects...
02-07-2016, 05:26 AM   #444
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
if you use super pixel shift function in k3ii, you should be able to achieve it! Only working for static objects...
A static subject somewhat obviates the need for great high ISO performance
02-07-2016, 05:32 AM - 1 Like   #445
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by loveisageless Quote
It will be interesting to see the megapixel count on the FF.
The sensor is good
02-07-2016, 05:43 AM   #446
Pentaxian

What do you mean by that? 24MP-good? 36MP-good? Maybe... 42MP-good?
02-07-2016, 05:49 AM   #447
Veteran Member

Hehe..Nice try! But won't share THAT kind of details! :P
02-07-2016, 06:58 AM - 10 Likes   #448
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
IT'S BEEN RIGHT HERE ALL ALONG!

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Hehe..Nice try! But won't share THAT kind of details! :P
Each letter has a numerical value assigned to it (A=1, B=2, Z=26) due to where they fall within the alphabet alphabetically. Therefore, once we add all the values of each word's total value, we arrive to the following:
  • HEHE = 26
  • NICE = 31
  • TRY= 63
  • BUT = 43
  • WON'T = 72
  • SHARE = 51
  • THAT = 49
  • KIND = 38
  • OF = 21
  • DETAILS = 70
Total? 10 words, adding to 464

But, Kenneth, you oversized Scandinavian minx you...

I saw that cryptic addition albeit sans a numerical value...
  • :P
Makes it 11 words. What is 464 divided by 11, you ask?

None other than forty two!

Feel free to start calling me "Nigma"

-Heie
02-07-2016, 06:59 AM   #449
Veteran Member

Hahahahaha..Nice one mate
02-07-2016, 07:31 AM   #450
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Hahahahaha..Nice one mate
45... 32 45 34 39 + 0 (smiley)