Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 164 Likes Search this Thread
02-11-2016, 04:09 PM   #556
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Kor i hælvete e du ifra?
Æ trur han e i fra Ålesund eller dæromkring. Kenneth, si nåkka æ ikkje veit og som de andre her ikkje sjønne bæra av. Trættisæks og hundreogtrættifæm-enåtte for eksæmpel

02-11-2016, 04:10 PM   #557
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Val.Ou Quote
Нет ничего путного в рассчёте о колчестве пикселей сенсора К-1: их будет 36Мп, а не 42Мп, хотя бы потому, что Сони не продаст своего 42Мп-ового сенсора, пока не пройдёт год, после выспуска на рынок под собственным брендом.
пока не пройдёт год = urban / Internet legend as far as I know (and the legend rather says six months than a year). As a counterexample, the K-5 was one of the first cameras to take advantage of the (then) new Sony 16 Mpix sensor.
02-11-2016, 04:26 PM   #558
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote

QuoteQuote:
Originally posted by kp0c There is also the direct translation that works, at least here in Quebec : Le chat sort du sac. (Literally "The cat gets out of the bag")
This direct translation wouldn't be understood on this side of the Atlantic ocean except by people who know the English equivalent.
Well, we learn something everyday on PF! I've never thought that this expression wasn't used outside Quebec. It's just so common here...
02-11-2016, 04:36 PM   #559
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by CarlJF Quote
Well, we learn something everyday on PF! I've never thought that this expression wasn't used outside Quebec. It's just so common here...
You have been contaminated by your neighbours...

02-11-2016, 04:52 PM   #560
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
See the post above yours. And see what he writes, and he is correct.
Yes my dealer friend said 36 today as well..SO 36 it is DER ER 36 store flot megapixels
02-11-2016, 07:18 PM   #561
bxf
Veteran Member

Hmmm, as it happens, I grew up (sort of; more-or-less) in Montreal, and this expression comes rather naturally. But I've always assumed it was pretty universal in the English speaking world.
02-11-2016, 07:19 PM   #562
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
Ich habe ein bischen Deutsch
Nein. Ich verstehe, Ich kenne oder Ich spreche ein bißchen Deutsch. I seem to have lost my German-English dictionary, so I'm going freestyle and am going to stop before I confirm how rusty my German is. To say that you "habe" a little bit of German is too ambiguous to say to someone you don't know.

02-11-2016, 07:23 PM - 1 Like   #563
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by jcdoss Quote
El gato esta en mi enchilada!
You need to find another restaurant or butcher.
02-11-2016, 07:28 PM   #564
mee
Veteran Member

Ich bin ein Pfannkuchen!
02-11-2016, 07:36 PM   #565
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Herr Kalmar is quite angry with me presently. OTOH, 42 years is an awfully long time.
02-11-2016, 07:38 PM   #566
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Internet legend as far as I know (and the legend rather says six months than a year)
It may not be legendary, but I agree it is probably false.

Sony is investing in camera sensors for future growth and milking its finished camera division for cash. I can see two possibilities: one, when Ricoh was doing preliminary design work for the FF camera, Sony's 36 megapixel sensor was seen as a better choice (Sony would have been dangling the unreleased 42 MP sensor in front of OEM customers by then) or two, circumstances changed during development of the Pentax FF camera that led Ricoh to see the 36 MP sensor as a better choice. If the timing of when the 42 MP sensor would be made available to Ricoh was the deciding issue, why would Ricoh delay the release of their camera so long and still end up using the 36 MP sensor?
02-11-2016, 07:53 PM   #567
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

"Let the cat out of the bag" or "Don't let the cat out of the bag" is / was quite common where I grew up in eastern USA. Meant not to let the secret out.

And it has been around a long time:
QuoteQuote:
The first known use of the phrase in print that I have found is in a 1760 edition of The London Magazine:
"We could have wished that the author... had not let the cat out of the bag."

According to this site: Let the cat out of the bag - meaning and origin. the phrase is common in English, Dutch and German.

02-11-2016, 10:29 PM   #568
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Kor i hælvete e du ifra?

QuoteOriginally posted by Simen1 Quote
Æ trur han e i fra Ålesund eller dæromkring. Kenneth, si nåkka æ ikkje veit og som de andre her ikkje sjønne bæra av. Trættisæks og hundreogtrættifæm-enåtte for eksæmpel
Nesten ja. Aukra
02-11-2016, 11:31 PM - 1 Like   #569
Pentaxian

It would be nice to stop this complete Off Topic, don't you think ?
02-12-2016, 01:15 AM   #570
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RGlasel Quote
why would Ricoh delay the release of their camera so long and still end up using the 36 MP sensor?
Probably because it was not the reason behind the delay. I think the new VF could have been or it was maybe more a commercial/supply m motivation.

The 36MP sensor is probably the best value. You lose some DP and add a huge cost for 6 more MP if you want the 42.