Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-21-2015, 01:42 AM   #46
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
What we're seeing here is us and Ricoh learning just how bad things were managed *before* Ricoh and how Ricoh still did not managed to find *all dirt* left from Hoya days.

07-21-2015, 02:02 AM   #47
Man With A Camera
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: The Great Pacific Northwet, in the Land Between Canada and Mexico
Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
So - has anyone emailed John Carlson or Jim Malcolm or - here's an idea - Brian McIntosh to ask what's up?
You first.
07-21-2015, 02:29 AM   #48
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Original Poster
I hope this gets resolved. The Pentax Photo Gallery was a terrific resource for amateur photographers. Viewing samples taken with DA Limited lenses in the gallery was a major influence in my purchasing a stack of pancakes last year. Landing on the GoDaddy page gave the impression (rightly or wrongly) that Ricoh may not be investing in the brand.
07-21-2015, 04:21 AM - 1 Like   #49
Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
It does beg the question, upon seeing that you have posted 166 times in 4 years, why would I not add you directly to my ignore list? /boriscleto'd™.
Not sure whether you think that is an insufficient number of posts or too many? Regardless, I believe I've offered useful posts in the past, and I hope to in the future. I won't add you to any "ignore" list (whatever that might be) as I'm confident you probably have also offered useful posts in the past.

My comment, which I tried to indicate was, indeed, a 'vent,' is simply one of frustration directed at the current bureaucratic leadership of the Pentax ship.

07-21-2015, 04:58 AM   #50
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Ricoh is doomed !™
07-21-2015, 05:33 AM - 1 Like   #51
Veteran Member

Hopefully Ricoh will clean up PPG. There were too many times when someone would submit 50 images of their cat sleeping and I would see 25 of them got accepted. Yes, there was some great stuff on there, but there was also a flood of average snap shots.

Ricoh needs to trim it down and limit the number of pictures someone can submit at a time.
07-21-2015, 07:42 AM   #52
Pentaxian

Honestly, I think I only looked at it once a few years ago. I already thought it was dead or unmaintained at that time. I can't really remember why I thought that, but nevertheless wrote it off. I think maybe I had the impression that it was something from the pure Pentax days that Hoya had let die on the vine...

07-21-2015, 07:49 AM   #53
Veteran Member

still blank @_@
07-21-2015, 07:49 AM - 1 Like   #54
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

PPG was too lax and started letting all sorts of images through -- too many. At one time, it was much more difficult to get photos into PPG and the standard were higher. I think at that point there was a two step process -- voting by the photographers followed by a curator deciding if photos were up to standard. I think that second part has gotten dropped and if photos get a certain number of votes, then they get admitted. Makes people feel good I guess, but also means that the level of excellence in the photographs isn't there as it was before.
07-21-2015, 07:52 AM - 2 Likes   #55
Banned

RIPG.com

Just had this brilliant idea. Just take a new name.

Ricoh Imaging Photo Gallery or is that just a little to much dooming. ...

07-21-2015, 07:59 AM   #56
Veteran Member

If Ricoh wanted to revamp their online image showcasing and their professional services as part of a new push with the FF then a new gallery of the best of the best from submissions would be no bad thing? The old gallery struck me as a bit neglected and run down. However, giving the job to the usual suspects in North America might turn out to be Duck Soup Take Two ...
07-21-2015, 08:12 AM   #57
Banned

Who owns this site, wich is also a Gallery from Ricoh for Pentax camera's?

https://mypentax.ricoh-imaging.eu
07-21-2015, 08:15 AM - 1 Like   #58

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Who owns this site, wich is also a Gallery from Ricoh for Pentax camera's?

https://mypentax.ricoh-imaging.eu
Without looking up the domain registration since it says "© 2015 RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S"
on the bottom of the pages I would guess Ricoh Imaging Europe S.A.S.
07-21-2015, 08:19 AM   #59
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Without looking up the domain registration since it says "© 2015 RICOH IMAGING EUROPE S.A.S"
on the bottom of the pages I would guess Ricoh Imaging Europe S.A.S.
Seen it later. Do these site have any traffic in general or is this just for fanboys?

---------- Post added 21-07-15 at 17:26 ----------

I just saw why I didn't signt up for this site. They just want free images and no responsability.

The user agrees to transfer to RICOH IMAGING EUROPE and any company of the RICOH group the reproduction and exploitation rights for the content that it publishes online, worldwide and for the duration of the copyright protection, including in particular the right to publish this photograph in full or in part on any of the websites of RICOH IMAGING EUROPE and the websites of the RICOH group. He/she warrants to RICOH IMAGING EUROPE that he/she holds all intellectual property rights to this photograph and that this photograph does not infringe on any rights of a third party.

Moochers! ! !
07-21-2015, 09:12 AM   #60
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

I sent a message via their online form and got this back in an email this morning:

QuoteQuote:
Thank you for contacting RICOH.

We understand that the PENTAX Photo Gallery domain name license has lapsed. We have no information from RICOH about whether or when the gallery will be relaunched.

If you are in need of further assistance, please respond to this email or call our technical support center at 800-877-0155.

Sincerely,
Randall S.
RICOH IMAGING AMERICAS CORPORATION
PHONE: 800.234.0276 / 800.877.0155