Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 1 Like Search this Thread
08-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #16
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gorme Quote
It seems that the 60-250mm is available, for your K-5IIs it is in the list of available lens modules : Supported cameras | www.dxo.com
My (happy) mistake!
Generally, what is the relationship between supported lenses, and those scored?

08-11-2015, 01:45 AM - 1 Like   #17

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Clarkey Quote
My (happy) mistake!
Generally, what is the relationship between supported lenses, and those scored?
Hum interesting question : there is a lab testing the lenses and providing the data for both an integration team for support in DXO softwares and the DXOMark team.
The DXOMark team only scores the lenses that DXO buys or the lenses sent by the firms in order to have relevant and accurate scores.
The supported lenses on the other hand can be calibrated from any new or 'used' lens, because the aim is to have the widest lens database.
08-11-2015, 03:34 AM   #18

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by brink Quote
That's excellent news. And it could be even better if Dxo would release support for the Pentax Q series camera's and lenses..... It's off topic, I know but is there any development in that direction?
Pentax Q support is possible, but it is not the priority for the moment. Maybe it will come, but later...
08-11-2015, 08:36 AM   #19
Forum Member

Pentax Q support is possible, but it is not the priority for the moment. Maybe it will come, but later...

Merci a vous, for the quick reply, Gorme. Yes, I understand that priorities have to be made and with the Q being so small (not just in size but also in marketshare) it's no surprise that others come first. Bit of double edged sword really; in order to 'grow' it could use Dxo support but it's not a priority because the marketshare (in Europe at least) is so small.

08-11-2015, 06:27 PM   #20
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hum interesting question : there is a lab testing the lenses and providing the data for both an integration team for support in DXO softwares and the DXOMark team.
The DXOMark team only scores the lenses that DXO buys or the lenses sent by the firms in order to have relevant and accurate scores.
The supported lenses on the other hand can be calibrated from any new or 'used' lens, because the aim is to have the widest lens database.
Many thanks for the insight - I was curious to see if there was separation, and the rationale makes sense.
08-19-2015, 05:57 AM   #21

Original Poster
For your info the 70-200mm f/2.8 APO EX from sigma (the one I reviewed, which is not the latest version) should also be available soon...

Another - more personal - information : I leave DXO at the end of this month, so if you have some special feedbacks/questions/requests, you can PM me.
08-19-2015, 10:00 AM   #22
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I just downloaded the latest version of DxO Optics Pro v10.4.3 and it now supports the new Pentax K-3 II.
No mention of whether or not it supports pixel-shift (and I don't yet have a K-3 II to verify or not)

M

08-19-2015, 12:26 PM   #23
Pentaxian

Answer is earlier in another thread of this rumor section : no
08-19-2015, 06:12 PM   #24
Veteran Member

so if you have some special feedbacks
No special feedback, but can you please look into the DxOMark results for the Sigma 8-16mm when tested on a K-3.

Something is very weird about the acutance field maps for that lens on the K-3 - eg

8mm @ f4.5:

8mm @ f5.6:
08-20-2015, 01:15 AM   #25

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
No special feedback, but can you please look into the DxOMark results for the Sigma 8-16mm when tested on a K-3.

Something is very weird about the acutance field maps for that lens on the K-3 - eg

8mm @ f4.5:

8mm @ f5.6:
It seems weird ! I have contacted the people in charge, I will keep you informed
08-20-2015, 10:15 PM   #26
Pentaxian

There must be a bug