Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home
 

Reply
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2015, 02:24 AM - 1 Like   #196
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,762
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Quantity, Quality, Price, Speed, Size, Weight, AF motor type all matter and at different amounts to each photographer.... but I have a more important question to ask -- Why do we even bother with these threads arguing, debating, and generally stating thoughts on the issue as if it matters? One person gives a rumor and then we have dozens of pages of hearsay about the hearsay. People arguing other people because their personalities clash.. their thoughts clash.. their surfaces clash. Everyone sticks to their guns and rehashes their view and, at the end of the thread whenever that is, nothing is gained beyond time wasted. Every thread in the News and Rumors thread thus becomes a proverbial Groundhog Day.. never finding the correct steps (or factual news) to break free from the endless cycle. It becomes a strange pattern of visiting these threads hoping to see actual news and constantly disappointed by seeing nothing that could be constituted as news...
Great thoughts. I suppose that this is kind a way to spend time. Sometimes great funny thoughts fishes from pile of baffle and before real news rises that is one thing to wait for.

I'd rather have real rumour, but untill then this will have to do.

08-22-2015, 02:31 AM   #197
Senior Member




Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 292
If there is one thing I don't tolerate is people complaining about people discussing on forums. I personally am enjoying this thread and can't wait for the new FF. keep those thoughts coming everyone. Great reads
08-22-2015, 02:32 AM   #198
Site Supporter




Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Gladys, Virginia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 16,253
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Quantity, Quality, Price, Speed, Size, Weight, AF motor type all matter and at different amounts to each photographer.... but I have a more important question to ask -- Why do we even bother with these threads arguing, debating, and generally stating thoughts on the issue as if it matters? One person gives a rumor and then we have dozens of pages of hearsay about the hearsay. People arguing other people because their personalities clash.. their thoughts clash.. their surfaces clash. Everyone sticks to their guns and rehashes their view and, at the end of the thread whenever that is, nothing is gained beyond time wasted. Every thread in the News and Rumors thread thus becomes a proverbial Groundhog Day.. never finding the correct steps (or factual news) to break free from the endless cycle. It becomes a strange pattern of visiting these threads hoping to see actual news and constantly disappointed by seeing nothing that could be constituted as news...
Well, it is the internet and when there isn't news, there is a tendency to speculate endlessly and for weird rumors to pop up from nowhere.

I am actually not bothered, except in the fact that there is a tendency for coming cameras to be blown up bigger than they are, hopes arise for lower prices than they will be and in the end, when the camera is released (or cameras) there will be much wailing and gnashing of teeth over the fact that it doesn't measure up to the rumors.
08-22-2015, 02:47 AM   #199
Pentaxian
gmans's Avatar

Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Hunter Valley,NSW, Australia
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 1,469
Arrh why not, its still running free somewhere.



08-22-2015, 02:54 AM   #200
Pentaxian
ZombieArmy's Avatar

Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Florida
Posts: 815
QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
The entry-level Pentax FF will be K-02...
plsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplsplspls

DFA XS lenses plz

Last edited by ZombieArmy; 08-22-2015 at 03:05 AM.
08-22-2015, 03:03 AM   #201
Pentaxian
deus ursus's Avatar

Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Stårheim, Norway
Posts: 311
QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
[...]
I'd rather have real rumour, but untill then this will have to do.
Are any rumours 'real'?
08-22-2015, 03:47 AM - 2 Likes   #202
Pentaxian
D1N0's Avatar

Join Date: May 2012
Location: ---
Photos: Gallery
Posts: 4,350
QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
Are any rumours 'real'?
Ask Lance Armstrong
08-22-2015, 06:41 AM - 4 Likes   #203
Pentaxian
noelpolar's Avatar

Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Goolwa, SA
Posts: 3,075
Came across this saying today.....fits us Pentax users real well:

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.

08-22-2015, 07:16 AM   #204
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,762
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Ask Lance Armstrong
Well put.

Getting back to it, there must be some seeds of truth in rumours. But what part of it is true, that is an other thing.
08-22-2015, 09:42 AM - 1 Like   #205
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,918
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
In absolute, nothing matters, earth won't stop spinning, even if there would be no photographers and no Pentax. But people have emotions, different backgrounds. So , we care, but we don't care.


If there was a thread when there is a new press release from camera vendor, the pentaxforum wouldn't be so alive.

It's part of marketing to encourage and maintain discussion forums, to keep passion alive, develop and nurture new desires etc... and at the same time, people like to express their point of view, to be part of a social group, people actually enjoy themselves talking and being validated by others. So, the result if that forums exist and continue to exist. For people who prefer to be alone with their cameras, it's also possible, they are not forced to read threads.
I figured passion for photography came from taking and sharing photos.. not sitting in front of a computing device arguing how Joe Somebody's view on how the company is run and what products need released is WRONG..

I think it is a mistake to have the rumors lumped in with the news, sitting at the top of the forums list. Rumors should be in their own section, near the bottom. Keep News (factual news) at the top, and bring Beginners Questions higher in the list. I'm not sure PF doing themselves a favor by having all the repeated, nutty rumor threads at the top of the forum list, where most people start (when visiting a new site). If 'we' want to encourage new users, we need to stick to the primary aspects on a website catering to a particular subject -- in our case, I think this means sifting the wheat from the chaff and advertising the actually useful portions of the forum more visibly. Rumors generally isn't one of those useful portions.

I've been here for over 5 years now.. and, if I am generous, I'd say maybe 10% of the Rumors become News.. the other 90% remains pure gossip entertainment.. but we're not really a pure entertainment site, I thought. And the same, tired rumors keep getting replayed with the same parties stating their same thoughts on the same points. It isn't a case of not seeing the purpose of the forums. It is a case of seeing the purpose of the forums and wanting that purpose to stay on target.
08-22-2015, 09:52 AM   #206
Pentaxian




Join Date: Nov 2011
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 3,736
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
It is a case of seeing the purpose of the forums and wanting that purpose to stay on target.
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_%28Roman%29

"The functions of a forum

In addition to its standard function as a marketplace, a forum was a gathering place of great social significance, and often the scene of diverse activities"
08-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #207
mee
Pentaxian




Join Date: May 2010
Photos: Albums
Posts: 5,918
QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_%28Roman%29

"The functions of a forum

In addition to its standard function as a marketplace, a forum was a gathering place of great social significance, and often the scene of diverse activities"
You missed my point then.
08-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #208
Pentaxian




Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: 5th floor
Posts: 1,328
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Depression will be allowed and covered by public welfare systems, if nothing new happens by the end of 2015 re. "l'Arlesienne"
I make too much money to qualify for public assistance .....
08-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #209
Pentaxian




Join Date: Oct 2010
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 2,762
QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
I figured passion for photography came from taking and sharing photos.. not sitting in front of a computing device arguing how Joe Somebody's view on how the company is run and what products need released is WRONG..

I think it is a mistake to have the rumors lumped in with the news, sitting at the top of the forums list. Rumors should be in their own section, near the bottom. Keep News (factual news) at the top, and bring Beginners Questions higher in the list. I'm not sure PF doing themselves a favor by having all the repeated, nutty rumor threads at the top of the forum list, where most people start (when visiting a new site). If 'we' want to encourage new users, we need to stick to the primary aspects on a website catering to a particular subject -- in our case, I think this means sifting the wheat from the chaff and advertising the actually useful portions of the forum more visibly. Rumors generally isn't one of those useful portions.

I've been here for over 5 years now.. and, if I am generous, I'd say maybe 10% of the Rumors become News.. the other 90% remains pure gossip entertainment.. but we're not really a pure entertainment site, I thought. And the same, tired rumors keep getting replayed with the same parties stating their same thoughts on the same points. It isn't a case of not seeing the purpose of the forums. It is a case of seeing the purpose of the forums and wanting that purpose to stay on target.
I'm here for entertainment. Don't need telly, and I don't have to do any stunts. That comforts me...
Well to be honest I do agree that rumours should be at bottom/another website on it's own. Just to clarify what is going on and what is not. But then it would disagree with the idea of internet and forums all along.

So sit back and enjoy the ride. (Disclaimer, I don't really look too much on these 'news' but now I just happen to do.
08-22-2015, 02:53 PM - 2 Likes   #210
Site Supporter
waterfall's Avatar

Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Northern Minnesota
Photos: Gallery | Albums
Posts: 1,772
Some times these speculation threads just drive me nuts. I have no insider info and am dropping out of this mental masturbation. Some of you have inside info, or not. All of the posters appear to quarrel over what if, if not, and I am now saying I don't care. As I am certain most of you do not care about my opinions, or presence. Anyways, wait for the camera, wait for the lenses and then, and only then start predicting Doom.
Reply

Bookmarks
  • Submit Thread to Facebook Facebook
  • Submit Thread to Twitter Twitter
  • Submit Thread to Digg Digg
Tags - Make this thread easier to find by adding keywords to it!
axis, body, camera, d810, ff, frame, hardware, k-3, mechanism, nikon, pentax, pentax news, pentax rumors, photogs, post, price, res, ricoh, sensor, sr, system, thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Pure speculation... FF to include GPS? Conqueror Pentax Full Frame 21 06-19-2015 11:42 AM
Speculation: What if Pentax did not go FF but rather a 1.3x? brecklundin Pentax DSLR Discussion 36 08-13-2013 10:36 PM
Anyone heard of the latest FF rumor on Pentax Discuss Mail List? LFLee Pentax Full Frame 39 07-03-2013 02:05 PM
The latest pentax ff news!! PentaxSX Pentax Full Frame 10 03-24-2013 06:33 AM
speculation about FA lenses on FF DSLR lpfonseca Pentax SLR Lens Discussion 19 11-05-2009 10:34 AM



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:54 PM. | See also: NikonForums.com, CanonForums.com part of our network of photo forums!
  • Red (Default)
  • Green
  • Gray
  • Dark
  • Dark Yellow
  • Dark Blue
  • Old Red
  • Old Green
  • Old Gray
  • Dial-Up Style
Hello! It's great to see you back on the forum! Have you considered joining the community?
register
Creating a FREE ACCOUNT takes under a minute, removes ads, and lets you post! [Dismiss]
Top