Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2015, 03:03 AM   #196
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by repaap Quote
[...]
I'd rather have real rumour, but untill then this will have to do.
Are any rumours 'real'?

08-22-2015, 03:47 AM - 2 Likes   #197
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by deus ursus Quote
Are any rumours 'real'?
Ask Lance Armstrong
08-22-2015, 06:41 AM - 4 Likes   #198
Veteran Member

Came across this saying today.....fits us Pentax users real well:

The happiest people don't have the best of everything, they just make the best of everything.
08-22-2015, 07:16 AM   #199
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Ask Lance Armstrong
Well put.

Getting back to it, there must be some seeds of truth in rumours. But what part of it is true, that is an other thing.

08-22-2015, 09:42 AM - 1 Like   #200
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
In absolute, nothing matters, earth won't stop spinning, even if there would be no photographers and no Pentax. But people have emotions, different backgrounds. So , we care, but we don't care.

If there was a thread when there is a new press release from camera vendor, the pentaxforum wouldn't be so alive.

It's part of marketing to encourage and maintain discussion forums, to keep passion alive, develop and nurture new desires etc... and at the same time, people like to express their point of view, to be part of a social group, people actually enjoy themselves talking and being validated by others. So, the result if that forums exist and continue to exist. For people who prefer to be alone with their cameras, it's also possible, they are not forced to read threads.
I figured passion for photography came from taking and sharing photos.. not sitting in front of a computing device arguing how Joe Somebody's view on how the company is run and what products need released is WRONG..

I think it is a mistake to have the rumors lumped in with the news, sitting at the top of the forums list. Rumors should be in their own section, near the bottom. Keep News (factual news) at the top, and bring Beginners Questions higher in the list. I'm not sure PF doing themselves a favor by having all the repeated, nutty rumor threads at the top of the forum list, where most people start (when visiting a new site). If 'we' want to encourage new users, we need to stick to the primary aspects on a website catering to a particular subject -- in our case, I think this means sifting the wheat from the chaff and advertising the actually useful portions of the forum more visibly. Rumors generally isn't one of those useful portions.

I've been here for over 5 years now.. and, if I am generous, I'd say maybe 10% of the Rumors become News.. the other 90% remains pure gossip entertainment.. but we're not really a pure entertainment site, I thought. And the same, tired rumors keep getting replayed with the same parties stating their same thoughts on the same points. It isn't a case of not seeing the purpose of the forums. It is a case of seeing the purpose of the forums and wanting that purpose to stay on target.
08-22-2015, 09:52 AM   #201
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
It is a case of seeing the purpose of the forums and wanting that purpose to stay on target.
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_%28Roman%29

"The functions of a forum

In addition to its standard function as a marketplace, a forum was a gathering place of great social significance, and often the scene of diverse activities"
08-22-2015, 10:21 AM   #202
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Forum_%28Roman%29

"The functions of a forum

In addition to its standard function as a marketplace, a forum was a gathering place of great social significance, and often the scene of diverse activities"
You missed my point then.

08-22-2015, 01:48 PM   #203
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Depression will be allowed and covered by public welfare systems, if nothing new happens by the end of 2015 re. "l'Arlesienne"
I make too much money to qualify for public assistance .....
08-22-2015, 02:33 PM   #204
Pentaxian

I figured passion for photography came from taking and sharing photos.. not sitting in front of a computing device arguing how Joe Somebody's view on how the company is run and what products need released is WRONG..

I think it is a mistake to have the rumors lumped in with the news, sitting at the top of the forums list. Rumors should be in their own section, near the bottom. Keep News (factual news) at the top, and bring Beginners Questions higher in the list. I'm not sure PF doing themselves a favor by having all the repeated, nutty rumor threads at the top of the forum list, where most people start (when visiting a new site). If 'we' want to encourage new users, we need to stick to the primary aspects on a website catering to a particular subject -- in our case, I think this means sifting the wheat from the chaff and advertising the actually useful portions of the forum more visibly. Rumors generally isn't one of those useful portions.

I've been here for over 5 years now.. and, if I am generous, I'd say maybe 10% of the Rumors become News.. the other 90% remains pure gossip entertainment.. but we're not really a pure entertainment site, I thought. And the same, tired rumors keep getting replayed with the same parties stating their same thoughts on the same points. It isn't a case of not seeing the purpose of the forums. It is a case of seeing the purpose of the forums and wanting that purpose to stay on target.
I'm here for entertainment. Don't need telly, and I don't have to do any stunts. That comforts me...
Well to be honest I do agree that rumours should be at bottom/another website on it's own. Just to clarify what is going on and what is not. But then it would disagree with the idea of internet and forums all along.

So sit back and enjoy the ride. (Disclaimer, I don't really look too much on these 'news' but now I just happen to do.
08-22-2015, 02:53 PM - 2 Likes   #205
Veteran Member

Some times these speculation threads just drive me nuts. I have no insider info and am dropping out of this mental masturbation. Some of you have inside info, or not. All of the posters appear to quarrel over what if, if not, and I am now saying I don't care. As I am certain most of you do not care about my opinions, or presence. Anyways, wait for the camera, wait for the lenses and then, and only then start predicting Doom.
08-22-2015, 02:54 PM   #206
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by waterfall Quote
Some times these speculation threads just drive me nuts. I have no insider info and am dropping out of this mental masturbation. Some of you have inside info, or not. All of the posters appear to quarrel over what if, if not, and I am now saying I don't care. As I am certain most of you do not care about my opinions, or presence. Anyways, wait for the camera, wait for the lenses and then, and only then start predicting Doom.
But... but... dooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooom
08-23-2015, 12:46 AM   #207
Pentaxian

Anyways, wait for the camera, wait for the lenses and then, and only then start predicting Doom.
Or better, just go shooting.
08-23-2015, 02:51 AM   #208
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I don't think any of the people who actually do know post regularly in the rumors section of the forum. It is for those of us who don't to speculate.

Pentax has nice and tight non-disclosure agreements out there and people know if they break them, they will lose their information sources that they do have. Certainly the camera is in testing right now and that means it is in the hands of real photographers. My guess would be about six weeks more to wait till real leaks start.
08-23-2015, 03:14 AM - 1 Like   #209
Pentaxian

Please Ricoh, bring out the FF. I'm not going to get one but I would like to know what it's made of. I can't bear the arguments in this thread. Please let it out before more doooooooommmmed predictions come.
08-23-2015, 08:51 AM   #210
Veteran Member

A misunderstanding of human nature

Rumors generally isn't one of those useful portions.

... It is a case of seeing the purpose of the forums and wanting that purpose to stay on target.
I don't think you fully understand how the internet works.

Seriously, people like rumours, they like to discuss possibilities, some people even like to argue about these things. The internet in general thrives on this type of traffic. A 'just the facts' mandate would drive everyone back to cable TV.