Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2015, 11:52 AM   #16
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
From Canada .... I received that same survey this morning: quite a surprise!

I completed the survey ... not that I had much to offer in terms of suggestion(s) but I did it anyway.
Glad to see that Ricoh-Pentax is up to snuff with their client base.

JP

08-20-2015, 12:24 PM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Imp Quote
But at least they're doing it! We could give them the benefit of the doubt. I'm glad they've done this.
^^ This. ^^

Regardless of how you answer, the survey provides data to someone at Ricoh Imaging. Your exact words and suggestions may not make it to a boardroom in Japan (almost certainly not as "your words"), but someone wants information to make decisions about future products, and most-likely, to explain why the KS-2 hasn't been a blockbuster product despite having wi-fi, tilty screen, 20MP, compact kit lens, and all the other things "the competition" has, but in a weather-sealed body. (Easiest answer: lack of advertising).

It's a survey, not the ear of the president.
08-20-2015, 12:30 PM   #18
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
Have you tried the Ricoh Community Forums? US Ricoh seems to be monitoring the posts there.

Home - RIAC Community
Really? Last time I looked there were a bunch of spam threads that hadn't been deleted...little activity otherwise..

I told them I simply wasn't interested in the KS-2. And of course left feedback about needing affordable primes below 35mm and above 50mm...
08-20-2015, 12:32 PM   #19
Pentaxian

I told them I'm considering a KS-2 to replace Tess' K-5. I also told them I'm waiting for the price to drop. With the Canadian dollar doing what it's doing, the price keeps going up. And until I can load images from a KS-2 can load images directly to my iPad, wifi isn't functional, I don't care if what they have is built in. I want a clean line of import from my jpg card to the my images file on my iPad.

08-20-2015, 02:51 PM   #20
Pentaxian

I feel K-S2, overall, is a solid product. Unfortunately most of the features are old news and innovative features like AA simulation isn't that big of deal for most of the people. So, in the end, it's still the same features that a Pentax mid-tier body has over the competitions that's been there since what, K-30? With MILC being the hot topic nowadays, it's hard to convince someone to buy into a DSLR system no matter what you do, imo.
08-20-2015, 03:18 PM   #21
Pentaxian

Thought I would do the survey before looking looking at forum comments. Can't go back now and extend my list of wants.
08-20-2015, 03:42 PM - 1 Like   #22
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by luftfluss Quote
I completed mine this morning.

Actually, it doesn't show anything of the sort. Surveys like this are cheap and easy ways of giving the appearance of engagement. There is nothing to indicate "they're taking customer feedback seriously".
I got the email also and did the survery. At firsst I was pleased, even though it was only a SurveMonkey. Then I was annoyed that it changed to a feeling like an under the table marketing message for the K-S2.

But I finally decided that as an owner of so many Pentax cameras I'm really not a good respondent - I'm already convinced on the big stuff.

I learned more about myself than they ;learned about me.

Last edited by monochrome; 08-22-2015 at 04:05 AM.
08-20-2015, 03:55 PM   #23
Site Supporter

survey done, I am glad they are looking for feed back, that will help them design cameras.

08-20-2015, 05:35 PM   #24
Pentaxian

Nice to see they care about customer feedback. I sang the praise of the K3, only remarking that a better AF.C would be appreciated. I also put in a feature request for a 2 sec. delay and mirror-lockup for all shots in interval shooting mode instead of just the first one. This mode is particularly useful for night sky work, and the vibrations introduced by the mirror slap really do give the stars ugly little streaks.

Maybe they'll introduce that via a firmware update.
08-20-2015, 05:45 PM   #25
Pentaxian

Nice to see that they're asking for the users' opinions. I don't think they'll ask for our feedback here in Asia. For everyone's sake please answer the survey well. I would like to see Pentax as the brand that can match up against the others. I wish some of you would also include a feedback for a much better QC. Returning cameras due to defects is really a great hassle.
08-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #26

Argh, just realized I forgot to ask for an option for multi-shot burst (3 would be fine) after the self-timer. Even sister-in-law's Sony DSLR has this (yes, she got one before they went SLT -- that's how long others have had this feature) and it proved very handy for family photos, gave more shots to choose from than my K-30. Doesn't seem like it would be that difficult to add...

Oh yeah, and autofocus after the self-timer like you can with the wireless remote!
08-20-2015, 05:51 PM   #27
Imp
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by boriscleto Quote
Have you tried the Ricoh Community Forums? US Ricoh seems to be monitoring the posts there.
Ha, Ricoh US website still advertises rebates for august 2014!
08-20-2015, 05:56 PM   #28
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by lytrytyr Quote
Just got an e-mail from Ricoh Imaging (US) with a link to a survey.

"We want to hear from you, our loyal customers,
on your Pentax and Ricoh wants and needs."

Haven't gone there yet, but this looks like a good opportunity,
and a sign that they're trying harder than they used to.
Thanx!

They certainly found a lot of Pentax users by finding you;
I hope that was their intention.

I don't own a K-S2, but to me it actually appears to be a good camera, albeit priced a tad high for me.
Maybe they need an occasional positive respondent.
08-20-2015, 07:00 PM   #29
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by ruggiex Quote
I feel K-S2, overall, is a solid product. Unfortunately most of the features are old news and innovative features like AA simulation isn't that big of deal for most of the people. So, in the end, it's still the same features that a Pentax mid-tier body has over the competitions that's been there since what, K-30? With MILC being the hot topic nowadays, it's hard to convince someone to buy into a DSLR system no matter what you do, imo.
funny, I think the opposite, a nice resolution upgrade from any K-5 /K-01 type camera plus throw in the KS-1, K50, K30 and with a tilting back screen, a no brainer for macro shooters. I'm not that enamoured with the move from 16 to 24 MP on my K-3, and I'm a zoom guy. So I'm thinking a K-S2 and frame a bit tighter and you have the same thing for many images. I'm not sure why you wouldn't consider a K-S2 major upgrade over any of the above mentioned 16 MP cameras. having recently gone back to using a K-5 for a day or two, 11 focus points was definitely a mistake. It would be the one thing I couldn't get used to. However, Tess is shooting with a K-5. Things won't be any different for her.
08-20-2015, 07:37 PM   #30
Pentaxian

I don't trust online surveys. They are asking for gender, age, hobbies, and email address. There's no privacy statement. Ricoh, SurveyMonkey, or another 3rd party involved with this can (and likely will) resell that data to help bypass spam filters.