Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2015, 10:25 AM   #76
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by fromunderthebridge Quote
Now that would be very useful indeed for the kind of exposures I do (i.e. shoot raw and set 'correct' exposure in post).
You can already use exposure compensation to do that.

08-23-2015, 10:36 AM   #77
Veteran Member

I think pentax was expecting the k3 to clear out faster. If the k3 drops out, the current ks2 prices make more sense. Also i think at least in the us, ricoh has let the reins loose on pricing. This is great for people buying glass but some of them are buying glass rather than bodies. Some are also waiting on the ff
08-23-2015, 11:09 AM   #78
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Better than what current Pentax cameras offer. I'd love to have full open-apeture metering with legacy lenses the way they used to work with film cameras. I know it's just a pipe-dream and counter to Pentax's desire to sell new lenses, but hey...if they didn't want to know, they shouldn't have asked me, right? lol
I finally got a working MZ-S yesterday. Strangely - it has a green button, which I haven't explored yet.

I made a similar observation in comments about the crippled KAF2 mount.
08-23-2015, 10:53 PM   #79
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by y0chang Quote
I think pentax was expecting the k3 to clear out faster. If the k3 drops out, the current ks2 prices make more sense. Also i think at least in the us, ricoh has let the reins loose on pricing. This is great for people buying glass but some of them are buying glass rather than bodies. Some are also waiting on the ff
You cannot "clear" half the offer.

On which basis the other half can be compared against? So they sell K3 aggressively because both Nikon and Canon allow them that, as Canikon's price structure is based on their own lineup, not on lack of it like in case of Pentax. Do you understand the difference?

Pentax is constantly undervaluing its flagship, or half its offer, because Pentax has no extra cards to play with. Extra cards it needs, the FF bodies, must come. In the same game of DSLR poker, others play with five cards, Pentax constantly plays with two cards or one and an occasional joker. Whatever others are calling, Pentax answers with the same card, the K3. Pentax keeps the other card close to chest but which is overvalued, because K3 was already undervalued every time Pentax answered a call with it. That is why next to K3's aggressive pricing K-S2 makes no sense.

The game is predictable and ridiculous and there is no chance Pentax can win anything or play sensibly. It must at least have 4 cards. It is still unfair, but the game becomes more interesting.

Last edited by Uluru; 08-24-2015 at 02:57 AM.
08-23-2015, 11:19 PM   #80

QuoteOriginally posted by fuent104 Quote
You can already use exposure compensation to do that.
Oh, I already do. I just could use a bit more automation. E.g. currently I'm spot metering the brightest area with the appropriate compensation to save the highlights, but would like if the camera would actually notice the brightest area in the picture and meter against that automatically (I think the non-spot metering options were averaging or smth?).
08-25-2015, 08:17 AM   #81
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by fromunderthebridge Quote
Oh, I already do. I just could use a bit more automation. E.g. currently I'm spot metering the brightest area with the appropriate compensation to save the highlights, but would like if the camera would actually notice the brightest area in the picture and meter against that automatically (I think the non-spot metering options were averaging or smth?).
Do you use matrix metering? I think it does what you are asking for.
08-25-2015, 11:43 AM   #82
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Not afaik. It is,more complet than that.
08-25-2015, 12:06 PM   #83

QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
Do'h.. never actually read on the other metering modes that closely. I'll try. I guess the question will be how it balances between the different cells of the matrix, but I'll see.