Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-21-2008, 06:58 PM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
Ben, wonderful promo for you and congrats on the Fashion Festival again this year. I will confess that, being new to the forum, I wasn't familiar with your work but I just looked through some of your online published photos. The Idol series are amazing!!! To my eye, there is such an uber-feminine and yet, at the same time, genderless quality to them.

CW

Last edited by straightshooter; 07-06-2008 at 07:12 AM.
06-22-2008, 02:18 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ChrisA Quote
Quite like the picture visible at this link.

But what's with the dark line down the side of her face and her shoulder? It looks very artificial to me.

What does it add?
That was NOT post prod..That IS my lighting. It is what happens when I do what I do with this specific technique. It can never be perfectly replicated. Every shot is unique in that respect.

Ben
07-05-2008, 09:39 PM   #18
Veteran Member

i like this ..

hxxp://www.pbase.com/benjikan/image/96849453

is that true you took this with 40 limited?
07-06-2008, 03:03 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
i like this ..

hxxp://www.pbase.com/benjikan/image/96849453

is that true you took this with 40 limited?

Yes it was taken with the 40 Limited lens. One of my favorites for studio work!

Ben

07-06-2008, 04:29 AM   #20
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Yes it was taken with the 40 Limited lens. One of my favorites for studio work!

Ben
amazing. its nice too know what small thing can do. i have one, but until now i never use it for shooting whole figure of people. i never tried it much tough. i dont know why, but evrytime i tried to use that for whole body, i keep thinking to myself ..well im standing too far from the model and i need to get closer. because maybe the whole figure look very small in 40mm?

next questin will be..

did you using magnifying viewfinder ben? and how big the studio was? how far you stand before the model?

--

forgive my english please
07-06-2008, 06:19 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by fearview Quote
amazing. its nice too know what small thing can do. i have one, but until now i never use it for shooting whole figure of people. i never tried it much tough. i dont know why, but evrytime i tried to use that for whole body, i keep thinking to myself ..well im standing too far from the model and i need to get closer. because maybe the whole figure look very small in 40mm?

next questin will be..

did you using magnifying viewfinder ben? and how big the studio was? how far you stand before the model?

--

forgive my english please
I just looked through the viewfinder of the camera. The studio was quite large, but I was only about 4 to 5 meters from the model.

Ben
07-07-2008, 02:15 AM   #22

I love your work... hope mine could look like yours some day...crative and tasefull nice....thanx