Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2015, 07:21 AM   #391
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Allison Quote
At this point, it is worth it to keep waiting. If we waited through the year of not even knowing if there would be a full frame or not then we definitely can wait a few months for the actual camera. We know that it is coming at least.

Really, I want FF too, but I also want the best camera that it can be. I would rather have a delay until spring if it means a camera release that has no quality control issues.
I agree.

Worst case would be Pentax releases a 3000 dollar camera that looks like an A7r II killer and then it has multiple freeze ups/auto focus glitches and in general tests terribly. You don't get that initial buzz after a camera release back. I remember when the k5 was released and it really was excellent -- tested well versus the D7000 and then the string of pearls debacle started and that was all people could talk about till they began to talk about focus errors in incandescent lighting.

Better to wait a little bit and get it right.

09-18-2015, 07:40 AM   #392
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I just added an FA-J 18-35, just in case. One wouldn't want to get caught with one's pants down would one?

I'm not sure what the rush is, I'm still getting everything I need with my K-3. This is a novelty item, I'll buy at my leisure should I have the money at some point.
mrs. monochrome accidentally pitched a box containing all my camera battery chargers and spare batteries. Monday B&H delivers a new K-3 / K-01 charger.

Yesterday my LX worked just fine with all my old lenses; my MZ-S seems to be happy with everything other than the DA40/2.8.

What, Me Worry?
09-18-2015, 07:42 AM   #393
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
I agree.

Worst case would be Pentax releases a 3000 dollar camera that looks like an A7r II killer and then it has multiple freeze ups/auto focus glitches and in general tests terribly. You don't get that initial buzz after a camera release back. I remember when the k5 was released and it really was excellent -- tested well versus the D7000 and then the string of pearls debacle started and that was all people could talk about till they began to talk about focus errors in incandescent lighting.

Better to wait a little bit and get it right.
The K5 and the string of pearls is exactly what I was thinking of! My husband thought I was a total lunatic taking pictures of the sky trying to determine if there was a string of pearls issue with my new camera. He doesn't know anything about cameras and his response to that nonsense was, "why didn't you buy a Nikon?"

If they are going to release something, then it needs to be right. Since I have already waited 5 years or whatever, what is another 6 months or so? I am just excited that there will be a day in the not too distant future where I can really take the three amigos on the ride they truly deserve.
09-18-2015, 09:53 AM   #394
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Is it just me or is it strange that the teaser images are blacked out strategically where the screw drive mechanism would be?

09-18-2015, 10:01 AM   #395
Pentaxian

When was it when we saw that under glass plastic blob mock-up thingy ... ?!

Maybe we should have a "forward running countdown" from that date until the FF is sitting on store shelves ...

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 09-18-2015 at 10:08 AM.
09-18-2015, 10:41 AM   #396
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wolfeye Quote
Cash bids for the bridge sale can be sent, in lieu of my need to collect, to

A worthy Bridge Sale Site
And we all made fun of you ...
09-18-2015, 01:02 PM   #397
Pentaxian

Problem for next count down : roman calendar puts spring btw march 20th and June 21th.
What date shall we keep.

Last edited by Zygonyx; 09-18-2015 at 01:09 PM.
09-18-2015, 01:05 PM   #398
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Do we need a countdown to Oct 6th?
No we need to do a reset now... to spring next year.
09-18-2015, 01:46 PM   #399
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshot2 Quote
Is it just me or is it strange that the teaser images are blacked out strategically where the screw drive mechanism would be?
They are smart. Really, really smart. And they know how we think.
By hiding details which are no different than e.g. on a K3, they made sure endless speculation will continue until the Spring launch.
And since the speculation is way off, it won't hurt the impact of the actual announcement.
09-18-2015, 01:53 PM   #400
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by stillshot2 Quote
The design of the body has not been finalized so they are keeping it blacked. They still are not far enough along to show a body.
09-18-2015, 05:32 PM   #401
Veteran Member

It's strange that they publically revealed a complete body mockup back in early 2015 (even with details like flippy screen and dioptre adjustment dial), but now they are revealing less than that. I hope they didn't ditch the flippy screen from the design.
09-18-2015, 06:03 PM   #402
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

The Ricoh executives are probably gathered around the president's computer monitor, munching on popcorn as they read these threads.

Last edited by c.a.m; 09-18-2015 at 06:14 PM.
09-18-2015, 06:27 PM   #403
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by c.a.m Quote
The Ricoh executives are probably gathered around the president's computer monitor, munching on popcorn as they read these threads.
That would be nice if true. But I don't think Ricoh pay much attention to what goes on outside of Japan. They design for Japan, and if it works for the rest of the world, that's a bonus.
09-18-2015, 06:32 PM   #404
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
mrs. monochrome accidentally pitched a box containing all my camera battery chargers and spare batteries. Monday B&H delivers a new K-3 / K-01 charger.

Yesterday my LX worked just fine with all my old lenses; my MZ-S seems to be happy with everything other than the DA40/2.8.

What, Me Worry?
What's the problem with the DA 40 on the mz-s?
09-18-2015, 06:33 PM   #405
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
That would be nice if true. But I don't think Ricoh pay much attention to what goes on outside of Japan. They design for Japan, and if it works for the rest of the world, that's a bonus.
I wonder how Pentax users in Japan are responding to this news.
Closed Thread