Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-22-2015, 03:03 PM   #451
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Quicksand Quote
countdown to ... what exactly? We'll see. Maybe nothing!
perhaps an announcement of the release date, maybe throw us a few scraps here and there of specs.

09-22-2015, 03:06 PM   #452
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
perhaps an announcement of the release date, maybe throw us a few scraps here and there of specs.
Or an announcement of when the announcement will be.

Standby to standby........................
09-22-2015, 03:10 PM   #453
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
Or an announcement of when the announcement will be.
yes it seems like that at the moment
09-22-2015, 04:32 PM   #454
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by beachgardener Quote
yes it seems like that at the moment
I heard that the decision for the delay comes from two folds:

1) Sony agreed Pentax to use 42mp sensor in this spring. In summer, Pentax found it needs more time to tweak if using 42mp instead of 36mp as the former is designed for mirrorless.

2) Pentax also wants to upgrade the shake reduction technology from 3.5 to 4.5 stops to match Sony a7ii series.

Anyway, an announcement on announcement date on another announcement date is not a bad idea!

09-22-2015, 04:55 PM - 1 Like   #455
Pentaxian

I admire your dedication to this countdown to ... what exactly? We'll see. Maybe nothing!
Well maybe something or nothing. If there's nothing, I'll start laughing. If there's something, I'll start reading. It's for the fun of it.
09-22-2015, 07:50 PM   #456
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It is hard to set an announcement date to make an announcement when you don't have the foggiest idea what you are announcing or when!!

That is what teasers are for. To say something when you don't know a thing.
09-22-2015, 07:52 PM   #457
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
It is hard to set an announcement date to make an announcement when you don't have the foggiest idea what you are announcing or when!!

That is what teasers are for. To say something when you don't know a thing.
Previous Pentax revelations have given the impression that they are on a steady march towards some relatively-near goal.

09-22-2015, 07:54 PM   #458
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Previous Pentax revelations have given the impression that they are on a steady march towards some relatively-near goal.
And we are all breathlessly speculating about the next teaser sometime in March.

Ooops!! That was an unfounded rumor. Sorry, sometime in the Spring of 2016!!
09-22-2015, 08:11 PM - 1 Like   #459
Pentaxian

i hope their 3d printer doesn't get jammed
09-22-2015, 08:33 PM   #460
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Back in February, when the first announcement about this body was made by Ricoh, I went through the basic process here of looking at the logistics of getting a nearly completed design to market in November 2015, and it seemed to me that, in the best of circumstances it was just feasible, but very tight. That was including design sign-offs, supplier ordering, tooling up, manufacturing and shipping to distributors and then retailers. Those who have had experience of manufacturing things seemed to agree with me.

When you have to order supplies and then make things in tight time frames, you are subject to the possibility that supplier issues (faulty components, missed supply deadlines or even cost premiums for taking priority etc), manufacturing process issues (equipment failures, worker absences, re-work percentages, undetected faults etc) and transport issues (bad weather, strikes, port bottlenecks etc) are going to make a mess of your schedule, or adversely affect your unit production cost (and therefore, sales price or profit).

If I was Ricoh's Production Manager for Pentax, I'd be much happier with a March 2016 retail availability, than one in November 2015, given the state of things in February 2015. We could still see an announcement on 6 October, but given the announced release period (and it is a three-month period, not a specific date, or even a month) it's more likely to be a production prototype than anything else, if indeed we were to see anything.
09-22-2015, 09:14 PM   #461
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Well, Fontan, that was evocative.
I always strive to be inspirational, like all Pentaxians should be.
09-23-2015, 12:17 AM   #462
Pentaxian

Always remember that getting there is half the fun!
09-23-2015, 01:05 AM   #463

One of our forum members is meeting Ricoh today for a meeting. Let's wait for this evening to see if he can give us a bit of feedback into what is going on
09-23-2015, 10:29 AM   #464
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
One of our forum members is meeting Ricoh today for a meeting. Let's wait for this evening to see if he can give us a bit of feedback into what is going on
I heard, "maybe some info on friday", with a hint on new glass.... I hope new info from the 24/28-70/75. If the FF released date was delayed maybe this lens is still on schedule
09-23-2015, 04:21 PM   #465
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
I heard, "maybe some info on friday", with a hint on new glass.... I hope new info from the 24/28-70/75. If the FF released date was delayed maybe this lens is still on schedule
Great!! So it is not a rumor!
Closed Thread