Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-05-2015, 06:13 PM   #646
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
There is absolutely a significance to October 6th. On October 6th EVERY Pentaxian will be a day older the he or she was on October 5th. (With homage to Tennesse Ernie Ford "Good lord willing and the creek don't rise.")

Last edited by Parallax; 10-05-2015 at 06:21 PM.
10-05-2015, 06:14 PM - 1 Like   #647
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
What is it we are counting toward again???
My "no announcement" party, in the empty parking lot, near my house. You're invited.
10-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #648
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
There is absolutely a significance to October 6th. On October 6th EVERY Pentaxian will be a day older the he or she was on October 5th. (With homage to Tennesse Earnie Ford "Good lord willing and the creek don't rise.")
One day older and one bit more bitter about the FF.
10-05-2015, 06:20 PM   #649
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
My "no announcement" party, in the empty parking lot, near my house. You're invited.
Oct 6th dream party over...

10-05-2015, 06:21 PM   #650

At least for today, Ricoh Imaging Japan has just announced that GR 10th anniversary "10th GReeting" will be held on 24th this month in Tokyo. That's it. I hope something more comes up.
10-05-2015, 06:36 PM   #651
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well.. lets all remember that this Oct 6th thing came from non official sources.. and by non official i mean that Asahi Man and Kenspo are not part of the Ricoh headquarters executives ( as far as we know ) so, even if they have all the best wishes some of their info could change in time.

Let's just hope that they release some info soon so we can all keep excited about the upcoming release.
10-05-2015, 06:46 PM   #652
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Parallax Quote
There is absolutely a significance to October 6th. On October 6th EVERY Pentaxian will be a day older the he or she was on October 5th. (With homage to Tennesse Ernie Ford "Good lord willing and the creek don't rise.")
This has been happening daily for decades. It is not a significant event.

10-05-2015, 06:48 PM   #653
Pentaxian

...and therefore we march mindlessly on towards another undetermined date in time dreaming of an actual full frame camera with Pentax written on it somewhere while simultaneously fearing another unexplained delay...
10-05-2015, 06:50 PM   #654
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Pioneer Quote
...and therefore we march mindlessly on towards another undetermined date in time dreaming of an actual full frame camera with Pentax written on it somewhere while simultaneously fearing another unexplained delay...
The only real fear is that it's actually been delayed because Pentax marketing lost their nerve, not for some technical reason.
10-05-2015, 06:51 PM - 2 Likes   #655
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
"Asahiman" is the source of most misinformation about Pentax. He always comes with bold statements but with an escape loop, yet folks are so starved that they want to believe everything he writes.
This is harsh.

I'm sure Asahiman is acting on information he receives, rather than fabricating it. If he is misled sometimes, it is not his fault. Same goes for Kenspo.

As you say, people here are hungry for info, and these two people try to provide some satisfaction in that regard. I don't believe the majority of forum members wish for them to stop.
10-05-2015, 06:54 PM - 1 Like   #656
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
This is harsh.

I'm sure Asahiman is acting on information he receives, rather than fabricating it. If he is misled sometimes, it is not his fault. Same goes for Kenspo.

As you say, people here are hungry for info, and these two people try to provide some satisfaction in that regard. I don't believe the majority of forum members wish for them to stop.
+1^

Their information may not be perfect, but it's better than anything any of these negative people trashing them have to offer.
10-05-2015, 07:50 PM   #657

I believe the picture on www.pentax.com has changed. Earlier this evening it was a picture looking at its frontside (with sensor exposed) and now it appears to be the side.
10-05-2015, 08:03 PM   #658
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mwilky55 Quote
What is it we are counting toward again???
Two days before the 144th anniversary of when Mrs. O'Leary's cow kicked a lantern over.
10-05-2015, 08:07 PM   #659
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

There will be an announcement for the K-3 II replacement (APS-C) very soon.
10-05-2015, 08:50 PM   #660
JPT
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Doesn't DPR have some sort of event going on in Seattle starting today? It strikes me that it's a bit early in the day for despair. But this date was never mentioned by Ricoh themselves anyway.

An APS-C camera positioned above the K-3 II makes a lot of sense, considering how successful Canon's 7D mark II has been. Hope you're right, Fontan.
Closed Thread