Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2015, 06:38 PM   #406
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
That would be nice if true. But I don't think Ricoh pay much attention to what goes on outside of Japan. They design for Japan, and if it works for the rest of the world, that's a bonus.
They're too busy working on the Theta Mark III. With the summer interns going back to school, there nobody left to work on the FF until next semester.

09-18-2015, 06:58 PM   #407
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
I wonder how Pentax users in Japan are responding to this news.
Much the same disquiet as we have seen in PentaxForums. See:

Full-size SLR Pentax released in spring 2016

As a sample: (via Google translate):

It is a little disappointing because I expected the end of the year. But we will wait.
Again prices and lens lineup released time is worrisome.

But one year and two years for Pentax fans waited terrible far I wonder if the range of error. CP + and I in the announcement was still thought to be such as being unable to trust at the time of, but was transmitted that it called ... I think that it will be further delayed.

etc.
09-18-2015, 07:12 PM   #408
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
The second one was a little obtuse but I get the tone.

I'm coming to the belief that they knew there was problem a while ago, but hoped to fix it by some certain drop-dead date and stay on-promise. They kept this issue (and apparently everything else) very close to the vest even for Ricoh these last weeks (I've commented several times about the absolute silence even from kenspo and asahi man).

If that's true then apparently September 16th was the drop-dead date.

The disappointment around here isn't really Ricoh's fault. They've never said there was actually a FF - in fact they consistently denied there was a FF - until last winter. It's all our stupid rumors, repeatedly dashed, that make this first real setback so vexing.
09-19-2015, 03:21 AM   #409
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
What's the problem with the DA 40 on the mz-s?
No aperture ring?

09-19-2015, 04:18 AM   #410
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Rondec Quote
No aperture ring?
Yep, which, on an MZ-S, means you can chose either Tv or P mode but not AV nor M mode.
09-19-2015, 05:44 AM   #411
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by thibs Quote
Yep, which, on an MZ-S, means you can chose either Tv or P mode but not AV nor M mode.
Ah sorry didn't think about that. I have never tried my pz-1 with a lens without an aperture ring - I guess I need to.
09-19-2015, 06:25 AM   #412
Veteran Member

I think we can close this thread since we obviously don't need an Oct. 6th countdown. Countdown to vaporware.

09-19-2015, 06:28 AM   #413
Pentaxian

There will be announcements on oct 6th. Maybe some specs, maybe some lenses.
09-19-2015, 07:00 AM   #414
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by UncleVanya Quote
Ah sorry didn't think about that. I have never tried my pz-1 with a lens without an aperture ring - I guess I need to.
Z1p has rings for speed and aperture control, so no problem on that one.
MZ cameras were designed around lenses with aperture ring 'à l'ancienne', explicitly without any other means to select aperture but the lens itself.
09-19-2015, 07:04 AM   #415
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
Ricoh WG-40 and WG-40W!
09-19-2015, 07:17 AM   #416
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
New firmware updates for _________________________ (fill in the blank; multiple answers allowed).

Oh ... plus I found this : http://newcameranews.com/2015/01/31/national-rumor-service-nrs-identifies-an...r-pentaxicans/

Last edited by Jean Poitiers; 09-19-2015 at 07:22 AM.
09-19-2015, 07:39 AM   #417
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I think we can close this thread since we obviously don't need an Oct. 6th countdown. Countdown to vaporware.
Admin should change the title to "a count down to April 1st 2016"...
09-19-2015, 07:42 AM - 2 Likes   #418
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by starjedi Quote
Admin should change the title to "a count down to April 1st 2016"...
For the count down to the Fool Frame?
09-19-2015, 10:28 AM   #419
Pentaxian

I'm coming to the belief that they knew there was problem a while ago, but hoped to fix it by some certain drop-dead date and stay on-promise. They kept this issue (and apparently everything else) very close to the vest even for Ricoh these last weeks (I've commented several times about the absolute silence even from kenspo and asahi man).
I can think of 3 possible reasons for the delay:
- an unexpected problem - as you said - which needs more time to be solved properly
- changes deemed necessary in order to have a competitive product. Perhaps they figured out the competition will have 'something' well before the next Pentax FF. Perhaps they figured out they have a much better chance by implementing their own 'something', even if the price is a delay.
- there's no problem, there's no project change, it just takes longer than expected. It happens all the time.

The disappointment around here isn't really Ricoh's fault. They've never said there was actually a FF - in fact they consistently denied there was a FF - until last winter. It's all our stupid rumors, repeatedly dashed, that make this first real setback so vexing.
You nailed it.
With one small detail - it's Pentax (i.e. Pentax Corporation after cancelling the MZ-D, Pentax Imaging Systems as a part of Hoya Corporation, and Pentax as a Ricoh brand until the end of 2012. But it doesn't matter, the message was clear and accurate.
09-19-2015, 10:45 AM   #420
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jean Poitiers Quote
New firmware updates for _________________________ (fill in the blank; multiple answers allowed).

Oh ... plus I found this : National Rumor Service (NRS) Identifies Anomaly Over Pentaxica | New Camera News
Finally, somebody posted a link to a credible source.

Last edited by Parallax; 09-19-2015 at 03:03 PM.
Closed Thread