Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version 176 Likes Search this Thread
10-02-2015, 04:07 PM   #541
Pentaxian

I passed a subway preacher on my way home. She had a professionally made sign that the world is ending October *7*. We need a new countdown.

10-02-2015, 04:18 PM   #542
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
3 days to go to whatever's coming.
10-02-2015, 06:36 PM   #543
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
3 days to go to whatever's coming.
You mean a Tuesday.. by your time, that is coming in 3 days.
10-02-2015, 09:10 PM   #544
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Monday the 5th in the US.

---------- Post added 10-02-15 at 09:12 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
I passed a subway preacher on my way home. She had a professionally made sign that the world is ending October *7*. We need a new countdown.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/16-pentax-news-rumors/302433-do-we-need-c...ml#post3387088

Last edited by Tesla; 10-02-2015 at 09:17 PM.
10-03-2015, 12:53 AM   #545
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by mee Quote
Yes Tuesday Philippines time. This is where they make them cameras.
10-03-2015, 06:41 AM   #546
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by DeadJohn Quote
Damnit. The world is ending on my birthday.
10-03-2015, 07:11 AM   #547

Does anyone honestly actually still believe in this October 6 business. pentax have officially announced spring 2016 debut and that's it!!!!! NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN ON OCTOBER 6th

10-03-2015, 07:48 AM   #548
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mattox Quote
Does anyone honestly actually still believe in this October 6 business. pentax have officially announced spring 2016 debut and that's it!!!!! NOTHING IS GOING TO HAPPEN ON OCTOBER 6th
Or you will eat your hat?
10-03-2015, 07:59 AM - 1 Like   #549
Pentaxian

Of course the FF will be out by spring next year.We're trying to find out if the insider information is true. Maybe it will be full frames or picture frames or eye glass frames. Who knows? Maybe nothing..
10-03-2015, 08:06 AM   #550

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Maybe it will be full frames or picture frames or eye glass frames. Who knows? Maybe nothing..
K-3ii firmware update allowing 42 frames per second 1080p video.
10-03-2015, 08:20 AM   #551
Pentaxian

Whatever does or does not happen, we'll know Oct 6. Absolutely nothing that Ricoh (or any business) announces is a big deal - if they announce a great camera, go out of business, or buy Canon (new rumor started!) our lives continue.
10-03-2015, 08:29 AM   #552

I think at this point, Pentax knows they need to at least throw us a bone. I'm betting that Oct 6th will bring at least a megapixel number and a few other things. But, let's consider extreme, hypothetical versions of the best-case and worst-case scenario:

On the one hand, if the specs are exactly what most / all of us are hoping for, it'll keep us on the hook through the holiday season. If this thing is an "affordable 645Z", then they'll only benefit from the prolonged hype and rising expectations. And then when the camera delivers on those expectations, it'll be a huge win.

On the other hand, announcing a new camera that isn't going to be available for quite a while can kill current sales, even holiday sales. Unless Pentax knows they can totally make up for sales that are lost in the interim, they might be better off keeping a lid on any info that'd bring K-3 II sales to a screeching halt.

Or worse, if the camera specs somehow manage to not really appeal to most folks who were originally very excited and hopeful, then Pentax would be truly shooting themselves in the foot, big-time. Existing sales would slump, AND excitement for the coming "savior" would wane. In short, too much time spent twiddling one's thumbs, as all the cards lie there on the table for you to mull over, ...can cause one to make a final, game-ending decision to jump ship forever.

Me, I'm betting on the first option, best-case scenario. ;-)
10-03-2015, 08:51 AM   #553
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Saville Quote
On the other hand, announcing a new camera that isn't going to be available for quite a while can kill current sales, even holiday sales. Unless Pentax knows they can totally make up for sales that are lost in the interim, they might be better off keeping a lid on any info that'd bring K-3 II sales to a screeching halt.
^^^^This. I'm not sure about "screeching halt" but I think they have already impacted sales by announcing the FF. Both for lenses and for bodies. Even if a buyer is not interested in FF there is a tendency to wait and see what it will be like and what impact that will have on other camera bodies. What they have to weigh is whether announcing the FF will slow the loss of users to other brands more than it will slow the rate of current purchases. And at this point I would think that anyone who really needed FF has already moved on. So honestly any teaser or announcement at this point would have a negative impact on sales. Which makes me think they really expected to have the FF camera ready for November sales but something happened to delay. Now they are in the unenviable position of having leaked part of what they are doing, thus freezing the market, but not being able to deliver the camera everyone is frozen for. Not a fun situation.
10-03-2015, 08:59 AM   #554
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Saville Quote

Or worse, if the camera specs somehow manage to not really appeal to most folks who were originally very excited and hopeful, then Pentax would be truly shooting themselves in the foot, big-time. Existing sales would slump, AND excitement for the coming "savior" would wane. In short, too much time spent twiddling one's thumbs, as all the cards lie there on the table for you to mull over, ...can cause one to make a final, game-ending decision to jump ship forever.
I would think that Pentax will announce more FF glass and get it on the market. People will buy FF glass so that they are ready for the FF body when it is released. There has been a lot of APS-C stuff posted for sale. I think Ricoh made a mistake by not bringing updated FA Limited lenses to market sooner, but I think they were probabbly sitting on too much inventory.

Last edited by Winder; 10-03-2015 at 09:11 AM.
10-03-2015, 09:06 AM   #555
Pentaxian

2 days
Closed Thread