10-06-2015, 01:12 AM   #677
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
...crickets...
I prefer cicadas.
10-06-2015, 01:18 AM   #678
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Oh come on guys. We can't blame people. It was fun reading all our comments.
10-06-2015, 01:22 AM   #679
Veteran Member

maybe Pentax/Ricoh will delay forever the FF (due to market studies )

10-06-2015, 01:31 AM   #680
Pentaxian

I'm going to Pix 2015 in Seattle tomorrow. Should be fun, even though I don't think there will be Pentax there.
10-06-2015, 02:03 AM   #681
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Useless, no: you can use your M42 and K mount lenses with a Leica SL. For HNWYs definitely. Toys, I wouldn't say that. Off topic, indeed. What's the topic, by the way?
Useless for me I don't want to use my K-mount lenses with a Leica SL.
Toys, definitely; the supposedly grown-up man never gives up toys, he just goes for more expensive one.
The topic, and the subject of this entire forum is obviously PentaxIsDoomed.

---------- Post added 06-10-15 at 12:04 PM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Tesla Quote
I'm going to Pix 2015 in Seattle tomorrow. Should be fun, even though I don't think there will be Pentax there.
First time I've heard of Pix - it doesn't seems like a major show. More like a DPReview's/Amazon's doing and an occasion for MILC makers to try taking over the world (like they do every night, right, Pinky?)
10-06-2015, 02:14 AM - 1 Like   #682

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
PentaxIsDoomed.

No doubt about it! And in analogy to "boriscleto'd" I propose "uluru'd" for PentaxIsDoomed

10-06-2015, 02:22 AM   #683
Pentaxian

This thread was a honeypot for trolls, and even if they are on my ignore list, I can see from your reference they delivered...
10-06-2015, 02:23 AM   #684
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by rullrich Quote
No doubt about it! And in analogy to "boriscleto'd" I propose "uluru'd" for PentaxIsDoomed
No, say Asahiman'd.
The whole of PF, and the rest of forums, are waiting for an announcement from Japan, although 6th of October is already finished in Japan, and people went homes. It is incredible how crazy misinformation is greeted here, and guys with most horrible prediction record are welcomed. But an attempt to analyse situation using published facts, market laws and not rumours (the decrease of market share, non-diversified offer, etc.) is discarded off hand.

Yet you have to thank guys like Asahiman, and PF itself! — constant rumourmongers — that people lose confidence in Pentax and switch brands. What I have to do with any of that?!

FACT: Ricoh never said that anything will happen on 6th October.
FACT: Ricoh never ever said anything about FF before February this year.
FACT: Ricoh's only fault in FF project (so far) is postponement of the launch by spring of 2016.

For everything else, for PentaxIsDoomed, blame rumourmongers!

Last edited by Uluru; 10-06-2015 at 02:31 AM.
10-06-2015, 02:35 AM   #685

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
No, quote Asahiman.
The whole of PF, and the rest of forums, are waiting for an announcement from Japan, although 6th of October is already finished in Japan, and people went homes. It is incredible how misinformation is greeted here, and guys with most horrible prediction record are welcomed, but an attempt to analyse situation using published facts and not rumours (the decrease of market share, etc.) is discarded off hand.

Yet you have to thank guys like Asahiman that people lose confidence in Pentax and switch brands, not me!

FACT: Ricoh never said that anything will happen on 6th October.
FACT: Ricoh never ever said anything about FF before February this year.
Ricoh's only fault is postponement of the launch by spring 2016.

For everything else, blame crazy rumourmongers!
I never would blame nobody on PF as long as they don't speak as official RICOH representives. So there's no need to blame asahiman or whoever. I just don't like this attitude of negativity you sometimes spread on PF. If someone really looses confidence in Pentax because of rumours in internet-forums I would guess that this person seems to have worse problems than believing rumours.
10-06-2015, 02:49 AM   #686

The Digital Show
QuoteQuote:
The Digital Show is one of the largest consumer technology events in the Southern Hemisphere and is held every two years. Whether you’re newly passionate about photography, a seasoned creative professional or simply looking to further unleash your creativity, there will be something for everyone — entertaining demonstrations, local and international experts, exclusive product launches and dozens of inspiring talks and lectures.
It is on in 9 1/2 days here and Pentax is listed on the exhibitor list; I wonder if they'll have anything at all about the FF there.
10-06-2015, 03:02 AM   #687
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I never would blame nobody on PF as long as they don't speak as official RICOH representives. So there's no need to blame asahiman or whoever.
FACT: PF itself published the most devastating rumour about the FF ever, three years ago. They did not even say "wink" or "cheese" so people will correctly interpret it as a joke, not as fact. It is still circulating around, and many draw their disappointment from that specific rumour.

FACT: Asahiman failed many times now, including the 2-year postponed launch of FF lenses (and wrong specs), K-3 announcement, and K5II announcement. But his stunts will pass unnoticed by hard-liners here, despite many others who will simply forget about Pentax believing Asahiman is indeed credible source of information, even an employee! (and not a notorious rumourmonger), and that delay is all Pentax's fault.

As long as he writes fairytales around he will be applauded, writing things people want to read. But in the background, people rant, and leave.
10-06-2015, 03:08 AM   #688
Pentaxian

I can only agree about PF's bad joke, but Adam cannot be held responsible for certain rumor sites propagating it even after it was exposed as an April 1st fake.
And while asahi man is not 100% reliable, I value his presence here (and the information he's providing) much more than a certain someone who has nothing more to offer than hate and rants.
Food for thought: we were supposed to have a FF announcement this year. It was postponed, but initially scheduled for this year - perhaps even at the beginning of October.
10-06-2015, 03:11 AM - 2 Likes   #689
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Uluru Quote
(...) in the background, people rant, and leave.
May I infer from your rants that you are about to leave?
10-06-2015, 04:47 AM   #690
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I never would blame nobody on PF as long as they don't speak as official RICOH representives. So there's no need to blame asahiman or whoever. I just don't like this attitude of negativity you sometimes spread on PF. If someone really looses confidence in Pentax because of rumours in internet-forums I would guess that this person seems to have worse problems than believing rumours.
I beg to differ with the red part...I would replace it with "all the time"
Closed Thread