Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Closed Thread
Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-06-2015, 06:34 AM   #706
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Where did Asahiman's latest post come from? What does he mean by all training activities and meetings for the FF are cancelled?
Digital Photography Review - Pentax SLR Talk

Asahiman Day Rhyme: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

Training activities and meetings = for salespeople, to teach them about the new equipment and train them to sell it.

10-06-2015, 06:34 AM   #707
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I haven't been following everything...did October 6 end up being a meaningless date? I was all excited to see what the new camera would be like.
10-06-2015, 06:37 AM   #708
Veteran Member

I hope there'll be no more delays. The natives are really restless. I remember this was the same thing that was going with Olympus prior to announcing the EM-1. It was a decision to maintain 4/3 or go m4/3
That's how I landed here.
I was shooting the E-3 when I came to the conclusion that 4/3 was dead. Pentax was the closest I could find to the E-3. I don't think Ricoh is going to abandon K-mount in the near future.
10-06-2015, 06:37 AM   #709
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
I haven't been following everything...did October 6 end up being a meaningless date? I was all excited to see what the new camera would be like.
As said since a few days, nothing concerning the 24x36 camera, which has been delayed. Next date is CP+ (25-28 February).

Actually, there was an announcement by Ricoh Imaging Japan today:

10-06-2015, 06:38 AM   #710
Pentaxian

There was supposed to be an announcement on the 6th. That got cancelled. Maybe to save sales in de the winter season, maybe because the specs aren't totally final yet, maybe both.
10-06-2015, 06:47 AM   #711
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I was shooting the E-3 when I came to the conclusion that 4/3 was dead. Pentax was the closest I could find to the E-3. I don't think Ricoh is going to abandon K-mount in the near future.
The agony of waiting is similar. It's just that if people are made to wait too long, they'll probably switch brands as others already have. Those who wait might not like it and ultimately switch. Others will wait and buy it. However stopping the training seem to imply something unlikable.
10-06-2015, 06:48 AM   #712
mee
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
There was supposed to be an announcement on the 6th. That got cancelled. Maybe to save sales in de the winter season, maybe because the specs aren't totally final yet, maybe both.
Probably both..

On DPR someone is now claiming they were having issues with the Pentaprism and getting it 100% view within the confines of the body size. haha there is so much stuff flying through the internet right now when no info is coming out of the one place that could explain.

---------- Post added 10-06-15 at 08:49 AM ----------

Btw today is also the day that B&H resumes business in taking orders and such... 8 hours and counting!

10-06-2015, 06:56 AM   #713
Pentaxian

(...) stopping the training seem to imply something unlikable.
"Eyes have they, but they see not."
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
(...)

Training activities and meetings = for salespeople, to teach them about the new equipment and train them to sell it.
10-06-2015, 07:06 AM   #714
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Digital Photography Review - Pentax SLR Talk

Asahiman Day Rhyme: Pentax SLR Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

The latest from asahiman is in that thread:
QuoteQuote:
The current Information is,all activities of Training and Meetings about the new camera are cancelt.

Yokohama is the target for Show and salestart.

The new 2.8 24-70 is available now,you can order at your dealer.

Little number is on stock.

The missed 2.8 70-200 is available in November!!!!

Till February no more News in case of Fullframe and Lenses.

That´`s all what i know.

Best regards
Now even the diehards have to let it go :P
10-06-2015, 07:10 AM   #715
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jeffshaddix Quote
The latest from asahiman is in that thread:

Now even the diehards have to let it go :P
"That thread" is also this thread, only one page before:
QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
We've got a new date
QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man:
The current Information is,all activities of Training and Meetings about the new camera are cancelt.
Yokohama is the target for Show and salestart.
The new 2.8 24-70 is available now,you can order at your dealer.
Little number is on stock.
The missed 2.8 70-200 is available in November!!!!
Till February no more News in case of Fullframe and Lenses.
That´`s all what i know.
Best regards
So February 25
10-06-2015, 07:10 AM - 1 Like   #716
Senior Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Edgar_in_Indy Quote
did October 6 end up being a meaningless date?
Not at all. Millions of people all over the world, who were born or married on October 6th, are celebrating birthdays or anniversaries.
10-06-2015, 07:25 AM   #717
Veteran Member

The agony of waiting is similar. It's just that if people are made to wait too long, they'll probably switch brands as others already have. Those who wait might not like it and ultimately switch. Others will wait and buy it. However stopping the training seem to imply something unlikable.
I have been shooting with the A7II so I can still use my 31mm LTD along with the Sony/Zeiss 55mm and 90mm G. I'm sitting on the fence between what Sony is doing and what Ricoh might do. I don't really like Sony as a camera company, but their technology/sensors and partnership with Zeiss is producing a very capable system with a lot of future potential. I have been telling myself to just wait and see what Ricoh is going to bring to market, but you get to the point where it hard to find a reason to wait. The fact that prices for used K-mount equipment has fallen to the point there is no reason to sell it is probably what has kept me from doing so. I think (hope) Ricoh is going to make a great camera.
10-06-2015, 07:41 AM   #718
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Winder Quote
I have been shooting with the A7II so I can still use my 31mm LTD
it's manual focus with the adapter ?
10-06-2015, 08:32 AM   #719
Pentaxian

They are already proposed by Novoflex: LET/CO (€89) for M42 lenses and LET/PENT (€169) for K mount lenses.
Are you sure the flange will be the same as M mount ?
10-06-2015, 08:34 AM   #720
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
Are you sure the flange will be the same as M mount ?
It won't. The LET/... Novoflex adapters are for Leica T, not Leica M.
Closed Thread