Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-26-2008, 02:01 PM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by ftpaddict Quote
That wouldn't be possible, since the registration distance of MF and DA lenses are different.

My understanding was that would be possible to adapt lenses from bodies with shorter registration distances to bodies with longer ones, as long as there is room for an adapter with any required focus altering lenses.

The registration of the Hasselblad V-System (500/200) is 74.90mm
Pentax K is 45.46mm

06-26-2008, 02:14 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by lithos Quote
For those of you who are wishing for a "live view in the viewfinder" we all ready have it. Called a mirror and a pentaprism.
I'm still waiting for the appearance of pseudo-DSLRs (pseudo applies to 'R'): mirror-box and pentaprisma replaced by an extension (K-)mount adapter, new wide angle lenses with shorter registration distance, viewfinder with ocular looking onto a MPixel OLED 25Hz live focus screen. Fast contrast AF. A collection of extension (K-)mount adapters may still be available with mirror and pentaprisms as options. Would be the LX of the digital age.

It will come. Sooner or later. For sure. Will see if Pentax will pioneer this stuff or be a late runner.
06-26-2008, 09:39 PM   #33
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by falconeye Quote
I'm still waiting for the appearance of pseudo-DSLRs (pseudo applies to 'R'): mirror-box and pentaprisma replaced by an extension (K-)mount adapter, new wide angle lenses with shorter registration distance, viewfinder with ocular looking onto a MPixel OLED 25Hz live focus screen. Fast contrast AF. A collection of extension (K-)mount adapters may still be available with mirror and pentaprisms as options. Would be the LX of the digital age.

It will come. Sooner or later. For sure. Will see if Pentax will pioneer this stuff or be a late runner.
Pentax keeps it very well out of "view" for good reason.

I certainly do not think and now I know Pentax will not be a "late runner". Within the field testing of my extensive collection. All lenses are working within the road map which runs backwards nearly 35 years.

As of this point in time I am not allowed to and can not specify how.

Can C or N or Oly make this claim and support the backwards technology of their lens road map? Certainly not and thats a fact.

All I can say is they are way ahead of schedules and come September many will be very pleased, especially with the cost factor and price.

Last edited by WendyB; 06-26-2008 at 09:47 PM.
06-27-2008, 01:05 AM   #34

QuoteOriginally posted by WendyB Quote
Unfortunatly but actually to move technology forward to FF the K mount will still be "totally" facilitated and included. Pentax/Hoya takes extreme pride in forward technology which includes the K mount lens road map. May I also add the full range of A's and M's.

A correction factor mount for FF with the K's is still in the works and is quickly being resolved. From what is in my hands right now its a wonderful place to be. I am just taking pictures and reporting the results. I also shoot C and N's best offerings for comparison within this process.

If I were involved with either C or N's upper management I would be in shock of what Pentax FF has to offer. Oly might as well just take a 4/3'ds dump in the backyard. Even on a Pro level it even makes the price reasonable for the enthusiasts.

For those that have have shot in the 645 format they will understand this.

Please don't ask, I wont answer, pay very close attention to this forum.

Wendy
Very very interesting post Wendy
So you must me a 'insider' or a Pentax tester or something, who did sign a NDA.
Well I am not going to asking you to confirm because you already said that you aren't going to answer questions. But I think we all should pay attention to posts from Wendy.

She says that Canon and Nikon will be surprised if they see the new FF Pentax. Well IF that's true, than the new FF Pentax has to be a heck of a camera

06-27-2008, 01:08 AM   #35

I certainly do not think and now I know Pentax will not be a "late runner". Within the field testing of my extensive collection. All lenses are working within the road map which runs backwards nearly 35 years.

As of this point in time I am not allowed to and can not specify how.

Can C or N or Oly make this claim and support the backwards technology of their lens road map? Certainly not and thats a fact.
Mmm 35 years...back would be 1973, that means also the old K and M lenses !
So would that mean that we will get a 'non-crippled' mount again ? That would be great great news than
06-27-2008, 03:02 AM   #36
Inactive Account

Too many hints gettin' dropped around here. I almost feel like I'm not kidding myself by thinking we'll get a FF body for half the big boys pricing by fall.

Lets sum up the rumours so far -

1)Samsung saying FF is coming
2)Ben K, pretty sure about Pentax FF

and last but not least - all but telling it like it is

3)Wendy B -"A correction factor mount for FF with the K's is still in the works and is quickly being resolved. From what is in my hands right now its a wonderful place to be. I am just taking pictures and reporting the results. I also shoot C and N's best offerings for comparison within this process.

If I were involved with either C or N's upper management I would be in shock of what Pentax FF has to offer. Oly might as well just take a 4/3'ds dump in the backyard. Even on a Pro level it even makes the price reasonable for the enthusiasts."

I just hope you're truly enjoying what I hope to be enjoying myself in several short months. My legions of FF glass stand in tribute to the moment I open that box.
06-27-2008, 03:48 AM   #37
Veteran Member

I am looking more closely in to Wendy's claims...

When I was under my agreement, I could never have given these very specific poetic hints that Wendy has.

She is in the states and falls under the scrutiny of Pentax Imaging US. I doubt if Ned would accept nor condone this behaviour. That I am certain of.

I can only speculate presently given that I am no longer sponsored by Pentax.

Ben

Last edited by benjikan; 06-27-2008 at 03:56 AM.
06-27-2008, 04:35 AM   #38
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Priyantha Bleeker Quote
Very very interesting post Wendy
So you must me a 'insider' or a Pentax tester or something
QuoteOriginally posted by benjikan Quote
Didn't we all agree already that posts from Wendy are for entertainment purposes only? She is a nurse (at least, she once claimed to be) seeking desperately for attention. She deserves our attention. But for entertainment purposes only. Her posts carry zero bits of information with regard to Pentax.

06-27-2008, 06:33 AM   #39
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums

When I was under my agreement, I could never have given these very specific poetic hints that Wendy has.

Ben

Have anyone consulted the texts of Nostradamus regarding the potential for a Pentax FF camera? At least, he is a bit easier to interpret....
Anyway, the 1,6X factor mentioned here probably refer to the factor used to determine a the focal lenght of a 645 lens to a 35mm lens with the same angle of view. Ie. 28(mm) X 1,6 = 45mm (645)
06-27-2008, 06:42 AM   #40
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pål Jensen Quote
Have anyone consulted the texts of Nostradamus regarding the potential for a Pentax FF camera? At least, he is a bit easier to interpret....
Anyway, the 1,6X factor mentioned here probably refer to the factor used to determine a the focal lenght of a 645 lens to a 35mm lens with the same angle of view. Ie. 28(mm) X 1,6 = 45mm (645)
I think Edgar Cayce tallks about Pentax Forums in his earlier writings back in 1937. But he never mentioned FF as far as I can remember.

Ben
06-27-2008, 08:45 AM   #41
RaduA

She is in the states and falls under the scrutiny of Pentax Imaging US. I doubt if Ned would accept nor condone this behaviour. That I am certain of.

I can only speculate presently given that I am no longer sponsored by Pentax.

Ben
Well, Ben

I think WB got it 110% right. The only problem is that in her twisted, pathetic life NDA obviously doesn't stand for what we (poor mortals) believe. It's a poetic acronim for Nonexistent Device Atall (sorry for the mispell but I got carried away). The whole idea is that she is permanently holding this camera in her hands (being the only ever made especially that she could test it - nonetheless against the best of C and N!). Therefore she needs to type with her nose and this excruciating effort leaves no room for logical thinking. Hence the magical rubbish she throws in our way.
Hey like a poor mortal I admited to be let me ask a simple question. I understand that she cannot pose this magical Pentax but I guess she can pose the "best of N and C cameras she uses right now to compare it" for us side by side don't she?
It would add a bit to her "credibility".

Radu
06-27-2008, 11:33 AM   #42
Veteran Member

I'll say this....she was suprisingly more direct than the usual riddles she tosses out there. However, I wouldn't look too closely into it. I suspect her claims are something closely tied in to what we want to see, as opposed to things she's testing right now.

And hey....if I'm wrong, I'll gladly eat these words
06-27-2008, 12:45 PM   #43
Veteran Member

Andrew,
I wouldn't worry to much about having to eat your words! If Pentax corp. will turn a new prototype camera over to a "nurse" who doesn't even publish her images or work professionally with cameras instead of having someone like Ben, Marc, or many other high profile photographers to test, then they are just plain stupid. No camera company will turn to rank amatuers to test their new prototypes, even if she did start when she was 7 yr. old. As far as I can remember, she hasn't even posted a photo here yet. If I am wrong I will post a public apology to her here, but she has to prove to me that she really is a beta tester. Just have Ned B. call me!
06-28-2008, 11:08 AM   #44
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Canon? No! Oly? No again. Nikon? Yes certainly! You can mount virtually every Nikkor on a D300 or D3 and use it like it's meant to be... You can even mount a DX Nikkor on a D3, and it will automatically crop to DX format.

Wendy, I think you are referring to a full frame, but I cannot see the advantage of it, since there are no full frame Pentax lenses to be bought with it.... If Pentax brings it out, I think it will be a bigger marketing mistake than APS ever was. Just my 5 Euro cents.
06-28-2008, 01:47 PM   #45
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxke Quote
Canon? No! Oly? No again. Nikon? Yes certainly! You can mount virtually every Nikkor on a D300 or D3 and use it like it's meant to be... You can even mount a DX Nikkor on a D3, and it will automatically crop to DX format.
Ah you mean on mid-range and high-end bodies only then?
Rememeber D40/D40x/D60/D50 and D80 aren't of those.
I dunno what one can do with an AI (so non AI-S) lens btw, I should dig about that.
As well, Pentax might (one can dream of but it would be logical) introduce full K-mount compatibility on an FF camera.

This whole discussion isn't finished yet, and will not be before an FF or Pro Pentax camera is out.

QuoteOriginally posted by Pentaxke Quote
Wendy, I think you are referring to a full frame, but I cannot see the advantage of it, since there are no full frame Pentax lenses to be bought with it.... If Pentax brings it out, I think it will be a bigger marketing mistake than APS ever was. Just my 5 Euro cents.
Depends if the lenses follow or do not. They still have a couple FA lenses available as for standard lenses (FA35, FA50, FA Limiteds) and a couple zoom (although I agree it would be stupid to use a cheap zoom on an FF body... hell human means some will do). They might reintroduce their FA or updated to DFA or similar lenses quite quickly. Seems Hoya has invested quite a bunch of cash into Pentax. We'll see of this turns out.

However I agree intriducing an FF camera and not coming with corresponding lenses would be very stupid.