Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2015, 08:20 AM   #181
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by asahi man:
We have discussed about the reason and came to the result that the tripod collar position is the problem,because it rams your finger in use with the K-1,also the K-3 in use with this lens maybe ugly to have a good grip without trouble with your middle finger.
After a 3 hour street session,I had a bloody middle finger
Of course,it's possible that Pentax found a bigger problem,but everybody thinks it's the collar.
Problem is,Pentax Japan is making a big secret.
Source: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/thread/3940169?page=3#forum-post-56950059

This story about the tripod collar reminds me of the DA★ 60-250mm f/4.

Photokina 2006 (prototype):

Photokina 2008 (pre-series):

The lens was eventually available in April 2009.

12-18-2015, 08:34 AM   #182
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
No. Wo can't sell it. But we can buy it our selfs very cheap if we want too if/when we end the contract.
Thanks for the answer
12-18-2015, 08:34 AM   #183
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bertwert Quote
Who does this... ?
I do, using my thumb to press the shutter button.
12-18-2015, 08:43 AM   #184
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Who does this... ?
I try and avoid it, but every now and then, especially using primes, it just has to happen.

Yesterday I ended up with a Hairy Woodpecker head shot with the A-400. My choices are, change to a zoom, or turn the camera to portrait mode. Obviously turning the camera mode to portrait mode gets you more resolution. This guy didn't stay long enough for me to do that so I ended up with a head shot.

It would have been better in portrait.

12-18-2015, 08:43 AM   #185
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by awaldram Quote
exactly 3rd party product being incompatible is a plus feature for the OEM manufacturer - Caveat Emptor

I'm sure all OEMs would do it both Canon and Nikon have changed their mount protocols to stop all Sigma lens working in the past.
And Pentax adding GPS data to flash protocol broke most non field up-gradable 3rd party flashes.
To some level this is right. Thinking that third party company's are there to eat your cake. Problem is that all these third party suppliers are also part of the eco-system. And that is where Pentax is in deep trouble. There are not to many of them still supporting k-mount and people are really avoiding the system because of this.
12-18-2015, 08:46 AM   #186
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
I try and avoid it, but every now and then, especially using primes, it just has to happen.
I meant who does this with the grip down...
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Obviously turning the camera mode to portrait mode gets you more resolution.
Sorry, I don't follow...
12-18-2015, 09:17 AM   #187
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I meant who does this with the grip down...

Sorry, I don't follow...
Look at all the empty space behind the bird's head. My vertical on the bird was 4000 pixels, going portrait means my vertical could have been 6000 pixels with another 2000 pixels of the bird in the frame.
12-18-2015, 09:25 AM - 1 Like   #188
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
There are not to many of them still supporting k-mount and people are really avoiding the system because of this.
your gloomy self again?
If you don't like it anymore why are you still here?

12-18-2015, 09:51 AM   #189
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
your gloomy self again?
If you don't like it anymore why are you still here?
You probably have an off-day. I'm not gloomy, but looking at the real life as it is in the market for Pentax. Or maybe reality is not something you like to face. You can always stay at Pentax-is-heavenly-hotel!

That's also the place to buy the Sigma 120-300mm/f2.8 EX DG OS HSM for your Pentax.
12-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #190
Pentaxian

Can we expand ignore mode to quotes please?
12-18-2015, 10:02 AM   #191
Site Supporter

The more time to wait, the more gloom to arise
12-18-2015, 10:12 AM - 1 Like   #192
Pentaxian

You probably have an off-day. I'm not gloomy, but looking at the real life as it is in the market for Pentax. Or maybe reality is not something you like to face. You can always stay at Pentax-is-heavenly-hotel!

That's also the place to buy the Sigma 120-300mm/f2.8 EX DG OS HSM for your Pentax.
You can always change to Canikon and have the suport, accesories and lenses you may need for your assignments, a camera system is not a marriage and everyone can sell their equipment and go anywhere else if they want, it seems obvious that Pentax dont have what you want or need, why share your bitterness with us if you can spread your happines in other brand?
12-18-2015, 10:40 AM   #193
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by virusn3t Quote
You can always change to Canikon and have the suport, accesories and lenses you may need for your assignments, a camera system is not a marriage and everyone can sell their equipment and go anywhere else if they want, it seems obvious that Pentax dont have what you want or need, why share your bitterness with us if you can spread your happines in other brand?
I'm sorry, but I am still talking about reality. I still own a Pentax camera and lens. Since when is it not possible to comment on real life stuff at this forum? At this forum lots of people where hoping for that sigma lens to come and now it is offending to people when you mention the lens? The delay of the 70-200 is no issue to me, since I don't think to many people would order it before the k-1 is out. I know some people that left Pentax just for this one sigma lens, so thinking it of not being an issue is maybe a position to reconsidder.
12-18-2015, 10:50 AM   #194
Pentaxian

I'm sorry, but I am still talking about reality. I still own a Pentax camera and lens. Since when is it not possible to comment on real life stuff at this forum? At this forum lots of people where hoping for that sigma lens to come and now it is offending to people when you mention the lens? The delay of the 70-200 is no issue to me, since I don't think to many people would order it before the k-1 is out. I know some people that left Pentax just for this one sigma lens, so thinking it of not being an issue is maybe a position to reconsidder.
Someones reality, not my reality, that Sigma lens? i dont care, i dont needed, 70-200 delay? still dont care i have a very good tamron 70-200 and dont plan to buy the Pentax one any time sooner.

If that lens or any other lens, make someone to change brands, Ricoh is the one who need to be worried and do something about it, not you or me, they dont pay me to be worried idk about you
12-18-2015, 12:41 PM   #195
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by baldeagle21b Quote
Pentax bears responsibility for proper operation of Yongnuo flashes? That's hilarious, man. Thanks for the laugh.
They have to (as much as practical) make their cameras work in the real world.

Amateurs and pros stick third-party flashes and accessories (eg radio triggers, microphones, video lights) on their hot-shoes all the time in the field and in the studio. It certainly helps sell cameras if they play nice with third-party accessories. And in the K-1, Pentax seems to have designed the hot-shoe to be more accessory friendly. They seem to be aware of the issue.