Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
12-18-2015, 12:43 PM - 1 Like   #196
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
You probably have an off-day. I'm not gloomy, but looking at the real life as it is in the market for Pentax. Or maybe reality is not something you like to face. You can always stay at Pentax-is-heavenly-hotel!
Because YOU only have the real truth. Amen. Give us a break, Ron.

12-18-2015, 12:48 PM   #197
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
You probably have an off-day. I'm not gloomy, but looking at the real life as it is in the market for Pentax. Or maybe reality is not something you like to face. You can always stay at Pentax-is-heavenly-hotel!
That's also the place to buy the Sigma 120-300mm/f2.8 EX DG OS HSM for your Pentax.
no thank you, i have a splendid da*300 and an excellent dfa150-450. The sigma is blown to pieces with those two lenses. You should try it once.
Sorry, i forgot, It's not a freebie for you is it?
12-18-2015, 12:56 PM   #198
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
The sigma is blown to pieces with those two lenses.
I think Ron is admiring the 130-300 f2.8 from a sports shooter's perspective, where that range and that aperture are very useful in - for example - poorly lit sports stadiums.

The DA*300 and D FA 150-450 are great lenses, but they can't do the same job a 120-300 f2.8 can.
12-18-2015, 01:04 PM   #199
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
If Ron prefaced every single one of his Pentax comments with the phrase, "For a sports shooter like me . . . " maybe he wouldn't get so much pushback. As it is he just sounds like a teenager who has had his toys taken away.

12-18-2015, 01:20 PM   #200
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
If Ron prefaced every single one of his Pentax comments with the phrase, "For a sports shooter like me . . . " maybe he wouldn't get so much pushback. As it is he just sounds like a teenager who has had his toys taken away.
Indeed, the attitude works for mutual understanding, something like "the lack of lenses like the sigma make sport shooters change brands and Ricoh must do something for them" rather than "only in Pentax HeavenLand you can buy lensea like the Sigma"...
12-18-2015, 01:22 PM   #201
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I think Ron is admiring the 130-300 f2.8 from a sports shooter's perspective.
if he still was one, i could accept that. Fact is that he only has a yellow K-01 brick and doesn't do sports anymore
12-18-2015, 01:38 PM   #202
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
No. Wo can't sell it. But we can buy it our selfs very cheap if we want too if/when we end the contract.

Man, you should totally snatch that up as a retirement investment. Someday you could ebay that as "The rare, never released Pentax 70-210 F2.8 knuckle buster" just like all those coin collectors that make big bucks on goofed up upside down/backwards minted coins.

Eric

12-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #203
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
Good point, indeed the 60-250 collar is positioned almost at the same place and the collar on the 70-200.

---------- Post added 18-12-15 at 02:10 ----------

The Nikon version is released and available for purchase :-)
Pentax 70-210 is physically wider lens than the 60-250. There is even less space left for fingers to wrap around the grip.

It is a serious design flaw, if you admit it or not (I'll come to this in a few lines). Nikon don't have such a problem because they know a thing or two about design clearances, and have made gazillions of 70-210 to perfect them — for all users, in all conditions.

For example, this Pentax lens cannot be used even by an adult for an hour or two, in good weather, barehanded. But what about adverse weather? Gloves for use in low temperatures? You notice that in Nikon lens, tripod collar is connected with the mount lock with an elongated funnel shape — that is space allocated for your fingers and camera grip clearance, which Pentax lens don't have. Did Ricoh thought of use with the gloves?

This Pentax design fails — it is not good even to start thinking about it.

However, this falsely "positivistic" attitude here, is only to company's detriment. Ricoh shows that they need to be whipped into more serious thinking, and you as a potential user must inform them and whip them. Because if that goofy design is released, people will complain within weeks, and the investment sinks. Then, if design is not good enough for use in adverse weather, then the lens will not sell enough, and people who might have used Pentax gear more seriously will replace it in due time (thanks to design fault of the Pentax lens), and purchase Nikon system instead.

Thus your proposal above is falsely positivistic, I regret to say but it is very typical of the PF, and is dangerous.

Last edited by Uluru; 12-18-2015 at 03:07 PM.
12-18-2015, 02:45 PM   #204
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
no thank you, i have a splendid da*300 and an excellent dfa150-450. The sigma is blown to pieces with those two lenses. You should try it once.
Sorry, i forgot, It's not a freebie for you is it?
The last sentence is again just a personal attack. Apparently you enjoy that.

I once owned a Sigma long zoom to 500mm and it was not my thing. So the 150-450 probably also isn't.

---------- Post added 18-12-15 at 22:50 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by monochrome Quote
The last sentence is again just a personal attack. Apparently you enjoy that.

Maybe that is what makes the forum more fun.

I think already in 2014 I did more portrait then sports. I have no intention for the coming years to sit next to a sportsfield even if it would be profitable. The last thing is not easy overhere for sports.
12-18-2015, 04:07 PM - 1 Like   #205
Pentaxian

I'll just ignore. easier

Last edited by D1N0; 12-18-2015 at 04:16 PM.
12-18-2015, 07:15 PM - 3 Likes   #206
bxf
Veteran Member

I know that Ron has been on a somewhat negative streak lately, unlike the Ron of old. But that doesn't mean that everything he says is invalid. Also, he may be venting some frustration, caused by Ricoh's repeated "failures" to deliver when promised.

At the same time, if I were a psychologist, I'd be tempted to say that some other members are also similarly venting their frustration, caused by same, by taking it out on Ron. I don't see where his comments in this thread are so extremely negative as to justify the relatively severe attacks.

As they say: just sayin'
12-18-2015, 11:25 PM   #207
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
The professional attitude is to accept that bugs happens, and do your best
That sentence would get you immediately fired is you'd be working on nuclear or aerospace controls. After one year of re-qualification, I guess the 70-200 can withstand the chicken test:
12-19-2015, 12:54 AM - 1 Like   #208
Veteran Member

QuoteQuote:
The professional attitude is to accept that bugs happens, and do your best
QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
That sentence would get you immediately fired is you'd be working on nuclear or aerospace controls
And (one hopes) if you work in a commercial kitchen - especially food service in an airline or cruise ship.
12-19-2015, 01:14 AM   #209
Pentaxian

On the contrary; it's pretending bugs don't or should not happen that would get you into trouble, especially into that sort of environment. How would you reduce their occurrence, find and mitigate them if you think that way?
One of the most unprofessional approach (second only to pretending bugs don't exist) is to go blaming people (who didn't actually screwed up), call them unprofessional etc.. You would be cultivating a culture adverse to finding and fixing bugs, the team would get demoralized and more concerned with passing blame than improving quality. In the end they'll be afraid to do anything (actually the best of them would leave the team well before that). IMHO.

P.S. You cut relevant parts of my post when you quoted me...

rawr, on the contrary - in a commercial kitchen you should be aware that bugs happen too; and do your best so they won't "happen" in your kitchen. Clean up mess/don't keep garbage nearby would usually do fine.
But it's much, much easier than with software. Or camera/lenses. The kind of "bug" discussed here is a tripod collar which is presumably fine for some people, and not good for others.
12-19-2015, 01:44 AM - 1 Like   #210
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by redpit Quote
Kenspo since we found you after a long time, I would like to ask you how the Christmas season is going for you this year? I have heard that Santa Claus is starting his journey form the Scandinavian countries Have you seen any signs of him?

By the way I wish you and your family Merry Christmas!
Hehe..I have seen him..The Santa is called Ricoh around here Thanx..The same for you and your family mate! I hope you have a nice one!

QuoteOriginally posted by Erictator Quote
Man, you should totally snatch that up as a retirement investment. Someday you could ebay that as "The rare, never released Pentax 70-210 F2.8 knuckle buster" just like all those coin collectors that make big bucks on goofed up upside down/backwards minted coins.

Eric
Hehe..The 70-200 is so heavy, i could sell it as training-gear too

---------- Post added 12-19-15 at 09:50 AM ----------

as asahi man says, all problems and delays are to make all the new lenses and the FF work flawless together. They need to hit "homerun" on this one, or they will lose all chances to attract the pros. I have been contacted by and talked to both Sony, Nikon and even Leica, but I'm loyal to Ricoh, not only because they threats me like a "rockstar", but i also have VERY high faith in what is coming! 70-200 on the K-3 II is good..even with big hands..But there is some design differences between K-3 II and FF.

Last edited by kenspo; 12-19-2015 at 01:53 AM.