Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-19-2008, 10:02 AM   #1

K20D preview now available at DPR

Looks like the folk at DPR recognize how many are chomping at the bit to see their full K20D review. For now they have posted a preview... DPR PentaxK20D Preview

06-19-2008, 10:03 AM   #2
Veteran Member

beat ya to it
06-19-2008, 01:56 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
So far, they have lots of positive things to say.
06-20-2008, 03:20 AM   #4
RaduA

It's beyond my understanding why they had to wait for a firmware revision to do a basic preview like this. If there was a problem with "hot pixels" as claimed this preview could of been posted weeks or even months ago with a simple explanation that they have a problem with pictures and must wait for a firmware to fix that.
Anyway I reserv my final judgement after the full review.

Radu

06-20-2008, 03:26 AM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Was it a matter of waiting for a firmware update or just a matter of having so many new cameras hit the market all at once?
06-20-2008, 05:20 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by RaduA Quote
It's beyond my understanding why they had to wait..
They were looking for camera reviewers, web designers and other staf. They also are undergoing a major update in their host. Maybe that explains it...
06-20-2008, 06:00 AM   #7
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by gkopeliadis Quote
They were looking for camera reviewers, web designers and other staf. They also are undergoing a major update in their host. Maybe that explains it...
Well,

I guess the shortage isn't felt as hard when it come to preview, post photos and presumably review in record time the new Canon 1000D. But maybe this is a pinnacle of technology much worthy to be reviewed than the humble K20D.

Radu

06-20-2008, 06:27 AM   #8
Veteran Member

still haven't finished replacing "K10D" to "K20D" in all those copy and paste part, like the Pop-up flash section.
06-20-2008, 07:19 AM   #9
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
Well,

I guess the shortage isn't felt as hard when it come to preview, post photos and presumably review in record time the new Canon 1000D. But maybe this is a pinnacle of technology much worthy to be reviewed than the humble K20D.
This is a summary of what DPR is known for ...

QuoteOriginally posted by vizjerei Quote
still haven't finished replacing "K10D" to "K20D" in all those copy and paste part, like the Pop-up flash section.
Quick work isn't it ?
06-20-2008, 07:48 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Is DPR down for anyone else?

Go figure... seems to be up and running now.

Last edited by MrApollinax; 06-20-2008 at 07:48 AM. Reason: back up
06-20-2008, 07:52 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Well,

Radu
Sound a little bitter? They have to sell. Admit it. There are much more readers interested in Canikon hardware.
I find dpr impartial but not unmistaken.
06-20-2008, 07:56 AM   #12
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MrApollinax Quote
Is DPR down for anyone else?

Go figure... seems to be up and running now.
They posted that there would be such problems due to server upgrade.
06-20-2008, 08:59 AM   #13
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by gkopeliadis Quote
Sound a little bitter? They have to sell. Admit it. There are much more readers interested in Canikon hardware.
I find dpr impartial but not unmistaken.
Me? ... bitter? ... never! It's nobody but Pentax' fault that their marketing team have historically suck big time. And I said it before and I'll say it again if Canon has one great department this is the MARKETING one! And as dpreview is concerned they are professional most of the time but nothing like impartial. All canikon stuff gets a +1 at least at score, everything else -1 to start with.

Radu
06-20-2008, 09:38 AM   #14

Delay of review of k20d on DPR is because they found hot pixels issue and informed about that Pentax and waited for firmware. And now they posted preview befor finishing final review because many people waited for and wanted any information on Pentax k20d. The staff of DPR posted it on DPR PentaxSLR forum many times.
06-20-2008, 10:53 AM   #15
RaduA

QuoteOriginally posted by Roberts Quote
Delay of review of k20d on DPR is because they found hot pixels issue and informed about that Pentax and waited for firmware. And now they posted preview befor finishing final review because many people waited for and wanted any information on Pentax k20d. The staff of DPR posted it on DPR PentaxSLR forum many times.
I am sorry but how this contradicts what I said? I know very well the official story and the fact that imaging-resource had the same issue. I don't claim this is not a problem but what I say is this "preview"could be done weeks and even months ago since it don't involve a single picture. And if they were interested in making Pentax come up with a solution (which the had eventually) how better to do this than to put a preview 6 weeks ago and say "we wait for a firmware fix to post any pictures"???
BTW some K20D pictures were in Alpha 350 review so the camera was there.
I have nothing against dpreview I only say they are a little biased and not at all interested in a rapid review of K20D.

Radu