Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 265 Likes Search this Thread
09-20-2015, 09:21 AM   #451
Banned

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Franc Quote
where is that fact to be found?
6ht of october is just because asahi men said it would.
Somewhere in this big pile.

09-20-2015, 09:24 AM   #452

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
They want to prevent anybody registering any design elements before it is official. Asahiman says that the spring launch was already planned in July and there will be an announcement on October sixth.
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
MY best guess is, they could change a few doo dads but the basic shape is probably pretty close. But, it won't be final until the tool and die guys start producing the stamping blanks. Based on a fall release, I would have expected that would have been done by now, but who knows, maybe it hasn't.
All I want to know is, what sensor is going into it and how much it will cost. Everything else can wait until the final release! (As long as you're OK with assuming that it will at least have all the features the K-3 II has, from IBIS to Astro-Tracing...)
09-20-2015, 09:32 AM - 1 Like   #453
Veteran Member

He said it, i confirmed it.
09-20-2015, 09:32 AM   #454
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Saville Quote
Now, at least half the "K-FF3" rumors are putting it at under $3,000, and with either of what are arguably the two most cutting-edge full-frame sensors available.

To me, that is worth waiting for...
With all the speculations on what the specs are and what is or is not inside the camera, I think the biggest surprise may be the price. My guess, all along, has been in the $2,200-2,500 range which would make it the deal to end all deals.

If they put 42mp sensor, GPS, astrotracer and pixel shift in the camera, that might attract converts from Canikon or even Sony.

09-20-2015, 10:34 AM   #455
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
With all the speculations on what the specs are and what is or is not inside the camera, I think the biggest surprise may be the price. My guess, all along, has been in the $2,200-2,500 range which would make it the deal to end all deals.

If they put 42mp sensor, GPS, astrotracer and pixel shift in the camera, that might attract converts from Canikon or even Sony.
Adam has occasionally made a cryptic 'mid-$2000's' post.
09-20-2015, 10:48 AM   #456
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
I'm curious about any advice / btw what would you do if this had happened to yourself ?

(...)
I would do what you most certainly did: listen politely, try to extract as many pieces of information, true or not so true, from the conversation as possible and then cross-examine them with those I have otherwise access to. And, above all, stay calm and relax: photographic equipment isn't much more than toys for adults after all.
09-20-2015, 02:00 PM - 1 Like   #457
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Somewhere in this big pile.
Here (emphasis added):
QuoteOriginally posted by Zygonyx Quote
I can't explain why, although i am a rather "good customer" of "Images Photos - La boutique Pentax" in Paris, having bought there the two last K-mount zooms since last year (16-85 and 150-450), but i recieved a phone call this morning from them.
They seemed aware of potential damage for Pentax sales following yesterday "delay teasing", and seemed keen to reinsure their customers.
They told me that the delay decision is recent - the official announcement was effectively due to be made next october 6th.
They added the K mount FF would be a really good and interesting product, worth waiting until it hits the shelves ; and that it would "not be a simple big sensor K-3II" in the sense that it would have more features.
Finally, they told me there would be more teasing to come re. this product ; and that we should probably have more news before end of 2015.

Nota : these people do sell exclusively Pentax brand photo products ; they are independent from Ricoh. But generally well informed, and often THE very first seller in France for brand new gear, or detender of pre-production stuff (that has been the case for the two last DFA zooms, and they had the DFA70-200/2.8 pre-prod until very recently in store).

09-20-2015, 11:35 PM   #458
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by btnapa Quote
You think? I just sold all my Pentax gear 2 days ago and today I'm going to buy Canon 6D with a couple of lenses. Canon and Nikon are not worried about Pentax. If they worry about something, I think it's the increasing sales of Sony.
PRO photographers will not switch from Canon/Nikon to Pentax, at least not in the next 4-6 years.

Pentax need some important improvements in:
- service
- autofocus
- flash systems
- lenses

I love Pentax, but then again, if the specs are not interesting to me (and Sony 42mp sensor is not), then I'll have nothing else to choose from (there is no other full frame available).

Even if I had Pentax K-3 II, for me the best camera that I owned from Pentax was K-5 II.
09-20-2015, 11:46 PM   #459
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
You think? I just sold all my Pentax gear 2 days ago and today I'm going to buy Canon 6D with a couple of lenses. Canon and Nikon are not worried about Pentax. If they worry about something, I think it's the increasing sales of Sony.
PRO photographers will not switch from Canon/Nikon to Pentax, at least not in the next 4-6 years.

- service
- autofocus
- flash systems
- lenses

I love Pentax, but then again, if the specs are not interesting to me (and Sony 42mp sensor is not), then I'll have nothing else to choose from (there is no other full frame available).

Even if I had Pentax K-3 II, for me the best camera that I owned from Pentax was K-5 II.
Maybe you are not the only pro on earth?

Anyway if you just switched from Pentax to Canikon hopefully you are sane enough to not do the rever in 1 year.

People switch to Pentax too and there are pro using it. Less than Canikon and the market share reflex that, sure. But things are not frozen. After all back in time Pentax was the brand to have, not Canon or Nikon !

Ultimately if you managed to sold all your Pentax gear for more than a few $$, it mean there at least a few people still interrested in the brand...
09-21-2015, 12:27 AM   #460
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
Maybe you are not the only pro on earth?

Anyway if you just switched from Pentax to Canikon hopefully you are sane enough to not do the rever in 1 year.

People switch to Pentax too and there are pro using it. Less than Canikon and the market share reflex that, sure. But things are not frozen. After all back in time Pentax was the brand to have, not Canon or Nikon !

Ultimately if you managed to sold all your Pentax gear for more than a few $$, it mean there at least a few people still interrested in the brand...
I'm not a PRO, but I have a lot of friends which they are and all of them told me nice things about Pentax, but in the end, they were more interested in Sony. Why? Because Sony moves fast and their marketing is aggressive, and because Tamron & Sigma offered their support by launching their new lenses in Sony mount.
And like I said, there is no support for Pentax users (at least not in Romania).

In Romania there is:
- no service center (if something breaks they have to send the product in different country and it takes up to one month until they return it to you)
- no possibility to rent lenses or accessories
- no smart triggers (only Cactus V6 can be taken in consideration)
-etc.

As I said, I love Pentax, but there will be another 4-6 years until they reach some maturity on the market (in my opinion of course).

I sold of my Pentax gear to a Pentax user, not to a Nikon/Canon user and the reason I sold it very fast was because I offered him a good price.
09-21-2015, 01:02 AM   #461
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
I sold of almost all my Pentax gear. Some last year (stuff I didn't used enough) and some before Summer. It is not easy to sell Pentax gear as it was a few years ago. I upgraded my camera's frequently so I used 5 different K-5's and never had trouble selling it. My K-3 Silver was hard to sell and dropping the price did it. I used a lot of different lenses, bought them and sold them of some time later, some new some second hand and that always went great. The hardst to sell was the Sigma 70-200/f2.8 EX DG OS HSS. ........The latest version of this lens. There was like almost no market for. That is a great lens and Sigma probably stopped making it for K-mount because there was no Demand for it. This lens is half the price of the up coming Pentax offering and I don't see that flying of the shelves. Hardest to sell was FA-31mm because I think That everyone who wants it by now owns it. There are lots of DA*300mm lenses in the market.

Still own my K -01 with a lens.
09-21-2015, 01:17 AM   #462
Pentaxian

You think? I just sold all my Pentax gear 2 days ago and today I'm going to buy Canon 6D with a couple of lenses.
6D? Big mistake
09-21-2015, 01:29 AM   #463

That surprises me really. That a Pentax user would switch to canon, maybe Nikon, but canon? As far as Pentax support goes in Romania, you have excellent support in Torino Italy, that will cover your gear as long as it is purchased in Europe and there service is outstanding. They also cover Nital (Nikon), so they know what they are doing. I hope that you you find the canon works for you really.
09-21-2015, 01:40 AM   #464
Veteran Member

- service
- autofocus
- flash systems
- lenses

How did you sell your Pentax gear? I tried and failed several times. It seems people only want Pentax gear when you almost give it away. So I preferred to just keep it around.
09-21-2015, 01:51 AM   #465
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Clavius Quote
How did you sell your Pentax gear? I tried and failed several times. It seems people only want Pentax gear when you almost give it away. So I preferred to just keep it around.
Well, I buy here on PF Marketplace if it helps - I look here first for lenses I am looking for - generally I have noted the asking prices on the PF Marketplace are fair