Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-07-2015, 06:44 AM - 3 Likes   #841
Veteran Member

I know the specs, but if i share now, they will come from Japan to hunt me down!!! lol

10-07-2015, 06:57 AM   #842
Pentaxian

Happy to read you again Ken
10-07-2015, 07:06 AM   #843
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Spoke to Pentax today. It is the callback of all the K-3 II's that is the reason for the delay. The production line can't handle both the callback and the production of the FF. The FF is ready and specs are finished. Will start production as soon as the K-3 II issue is fixed.
Oh, that's really a pity :-(

As a K-5 using ignorant, I haven't heard about the K-3 II issue until now. What is it?
10-07-2015, 07:18 AM   #844
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by gazonk Quote
As a K-5 using ignorant, I haven't heard about the K-3 II issue until now. What is it?
"Ricoh offers fix for Pentax K3 II power-off problem" <= maybe this one what a pity

10-07-2015, 07:36 AM   #845
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
If they have to fix the problem in the assembly plant they probably have to replace the circuit board.
That is as close to making a new one from scratch as it gets, I suppose ... Expensive! Is it all K3ii which are affected or only first batch or something?
10-07-2015, 07:40 AM   #846
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by H. Sapiens Quote
That is as close to making a new one from scratch as it gets, I suppose ... Expensive! Is it all K3ii which are affected or only first batch or something?
Aha. Only certain ranges of serial numbers, it seems:

Ricoh offers fix for Pentax K3 II power-off problem
10-07-2015, 08:03 AM   #847
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Post #165 of this thread:

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Maybe the delay is K-3II related too. As in, the launch of that was a bit of a disaster and they had a mass recall. So the Pentax team had to spend extra months sorting that out. Which pushed back the FF by those extra months?
... just saying

10-07-2015, 08:07 AM   #848
Veteran Member

Spoke to Pentax today. It is the callback of all the K-3 II's that is the reason for the delay. The production line can't handle both the callback and the production of the FF. The FF is ready and specs are finished. Will start production as soon as the K-3 II issue is fixed.
If the K-3 II problem is solved early could we see the FF coming before February?

Maybe they should release the specs before Christmas so folks don't use the holiday spirit and splurge on other competing FF systems?
10-07-2015, 08:09 AM   #849

I know the specs, but if i share now, they will come from Japan to hunt me down!!! lol
Some guy with lots of tattoos will cut your pinkie finger off.
10-07-2015, 08:14 AM   #850
bxf
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Nass Quote
Post #165 of this thread:

... just saying
Good call!
10-07-2015, 08:15 AM   #851
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Numbers aren't computing here. According to what I've seen posted, the recall only affected the first two months of production units. Adding two months to the production schedule doesn't take us out of this year, let alone next spring.
10-07-2015, 08:28 AM   #852

May be you can send a PM
10-07-2015, 08:33 AM   #853
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Numbers aren't computing here. According to what I've seen posted, the recall only affected the first two months of production units. Adding two months to the production schedule doesn't take us out of this year, let alone next spring.
They never tell you everything... but if that's what they feel is relevant, I'm happy going with that. After all, a partial explanation is better than none. No matter what they give people, they always want more..
10-07-2015, 09:04 AM   #854
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
Well, I guess we are only a few weeks short of the project cancellation notice, assuming history repeats itself.

FWIW, I remember the original 2000 announcement and also the speculation in the photo press that continued until the *ist D released.

Steve
So do I.

For some reason, this is what I envision the upper management team looking like. 3stooges
10-07-2015, 10:00 AM   #855
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Tom S. Quote
Are you sure they didn't have started a new batch they couldn't delay?
Did you take into account the time lost to reconfigure the line?
Are you sure that you need the same time to do a normal assembly or to manage a recall? Maybe the line is not optimized for that and it take more time?
Are we sure that it is worth to deliver as soon as possible if Ricoh can't target Christmass period ? The lowest sales are typically between january and march and it is when you get the most rebate because shops are trying to get rid of the unsold stock from Chrismass and people actual got their new toy just before. Maybe shops are not that willing to get more stock in such period and maybe having more money out for a longer period is a bad choice.

To me just because we have seen somewhere that apparently only the 2 first months of production is affected doesn't justify the wait is an over simplification that could indeed be true or completely wrong.

As if Ricoj said it all, for me they should not. We already prooved we are not mature enough for that. To me they should provide the minimum information to have us child stay more or less silent.