Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
SR will be there So almost nothing!
Phew...we were all starting to get worried there
10-09-2015, 03:56 AM   #948
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by donesteban Quote
Hey, that's fresh info. Right off my new crital ball, made of the front lenses of old, broken Asahi fiseyes
You need HD coatings to your crystalball. And SR, WR and perhaps a manual.
10-09-2015, 04:26 AM - 2 Likes   #949
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
My crystal ball's telling me to invest in Volkswagen ... must be back focusing. (Sigh).

10-09-2015, 05:52 AM - 2 Likes   #950
bxf
Site Supporter

Hey, we may have discovered a way to extract info from Kenspo - repeating a simple process of elimination.
10-10-2015, 05:26 PM   #951

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
Hey, we may have discovered a way to extract info from Kenspo - repeating a simple process of elimination.
It seems you find a way to shut down the thread ^^
10-10-2015, 06:14 PM   #952
Kiwi Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by AOCO Quote
It seems you find a way to shut down the thread ^^
It needs to keep going a little bit longer yet for my previous prediction to come true

Thats hardly fair - we are only 602 comments in, based on one announcement and shipping change. I reckon there is at least another 400 to go yet.....
10-10-2015, 06:19 PM   #953
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
It needs to keep going a little bit longer yet for my previous prediction to come true
I'm sure we can get there. After all there is not much else to talk about. 6 October has come and gone with nothing exciting in Pentax world. So now we wait until 'Spring' and argue about what the definition of spring is as defined by Ricoh.

10-10-2015, 06:28 PM   #954
Kiwi Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
I'm sure we can get there. After all there is not much else to talk about. 6 October has come and gone with nothing exciting in Pentax world. So now we wait until 'Spring' and argue about what the definition of spring is as defined by Ricoh.
It is Spring here in New Zealand right now - lovely warm weather and blossom out. I contained my excitement at the 'Spring' announcement, as I was pretty sure Ricoh weren't referring the New Zealand in that announcement. As some other threads have noted CP+ would be the logical target in the northern hemisphere Spring
10-10-2015, 06:39 PM   #955
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by NZ_Ross Quote
It is Spring here in New Zealand right now - lovely warm weather and blossom out.
Leaves are falling and the first rains started today, so a long way for spring for me. But I suppose it really matters when spring is where Ricoh is located. Or is it where the factory is at? Philippines. Or maybe somewhere else.
10-10-2015, 07:27 PM   #956
Kiwi Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by jatrax Quote
But I suppose it really matters when spring is where Ricoh is located.
That would be my guess - spring in Japan...
10-10-2015, 09:17 PM   #957
mee
Pentaxian

Spring is better than late Fall for a new camera anyways... That is, unless you are a masochist and thus really enjoy standing out in cold, miserable weather...
10-11-2015, 12:05 AM   #958
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Matthew Saville Quote
I think that both the 24 MP number and the 6-7 FPS number cannot possibly be true. Neither make sense, and as you pointed out, together they make even less sense.

I'm hoping for 36-42 MP and ~8 FPS.
According to Nikon rumours, the new processor - evolution of fusjitsu milbaut, shared by Pentax and Nikon - will have 15 fps with 20 Mpix sensor.
You also know that Sony has released the first BSI 42 Mpix FF sensor in the Sony alpha, and according to DXO that's near a full stop better dynamic range than the "old" 36 Mpix sensor.
So the Pentax FF should embedd this new 42 Mpix sensor with 7 fps. 42 Mpix at 7 fps is the same number of pixels to process that 15 fps at 20 Mpix (15*20 = 300, 7 * 42 = 294)
10-11-2015, 01:04 AM   #959

QuoteOriginally posted by goubejp Quote
According to Nikon rumours, the new processor - evolution of fusjitsu milbaut, shared by Pentax and Nikon - will have 15 fps with 20 Mpix sensor.
You also know that Sony has released the first BSI 42 Mpix FF sensor in the Sony alpha, and according to DXO that's near a full stop better dynamic range than the "old" 36 Mpix sensor.
So the Pentax FF should embedd this new 42 Mpix sensor with 7 fps. 42 Mpix at 7 fps is the same number of pixels to process that 15 fps at 20 Mpix (15*20 = 300, 7 * 42 = 294)
Thanks, interesting. I think with all this moaning about the timing for a FF-system it must be kept in mind that, as most other camera builders, Pentax/Ricoh also relies on the availability of components they don't produce themselves. The sensor is one thing, the processor another one. If either of it is not available in sufficient quality and quantity they have no choice but wait for it. A new Sony sensor with this new processor, either with this specs or similar, will most likely be the core of the new camera. And as soon as these are implemented in this system they will trickle down to K-3 successor and new new 645.

I think this is one of the advantages of Ricoh with these lines that they can -and did so in past- share development cost over three systems, which especially in 645 gave them the possibility to offer such an attractive product for such a good price.

Therefore the presentation of the FF is just a new step for more things to come, and I would not mind a 24 APS-C with 12fps and 4k video as being one representative of this new generation to follow soon.
10-11-2015, 01:10 AM   #960
sbh
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bxf Quote
So... no tethering?