Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-11-2015, 12:59 PM   #961
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery

10-11-2015, 02:17 PM   #962

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
We lived in Western Massachusetts for seven years; our first autumn there (2016), we drove up the local mountain;
Oh reh321 from the future, please tell us how is Pentax FF series cameras developed and when they first arrived. I'm also interested about 645 stuff.
10-11-2015, 02:45 PM   #963
retired nerd
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by anemone Quote
Oh reh321 from the future, please tell us how is Pentax FF series cameras developed and when they first arrived. I'm also interested about 645 stuff.
Thank you.
I fixed it.
10-14-2015, 06:47 AM   #964
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by reh321 Quote
Late fall, perhaps, but we're nowhere near to that right now where I live (most leaves are still green).

We lived in Western Massachusetts for seven years; our first autumn there (2006), we drove up the local mountain; the parking lot for the lookout was full, and we ended having to park half a mile down the road. When someone at the lookout asked me what other places we'd been, I came to realize that New Englanders take their "colors" very seriously. According to the map, they are also largely just starting. Of course, if the FF had been announced this past week, it still wouldn't have been available for "colors" this year.
New England Foliage Map - Yankee Foliage - Your Source for New England Fall Foliage
A few of my friends and I went up to Acadia National Park last Thursday and the leaves were almost all green. The pictures I took with my K3 set up were perfect. We ended up shooting a couple of lighthouses. The places were pretty crowded and we had to shoot over the shoulders of people who got there before we did.

An FF sensor packing more resolution would have been better but the K3 with its wide dynamic range delivered perfect images for enlargements up to 24x36 or maybe even beyond. I have shot the K3 in plenty of situations that did not require pushing the DR. I now know that for nature shoots the extra DR is a feature that I cherish as much as having extra resolution. Combine the two of them and you have photographic perfection.

10-14-2015, 06:07 PM   #965
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
The teaser site went live on 28 Sept with 4 shadowy 'preview' images.
I wonder when we will start to see more (no doubt still shadowy) images on that site.
10-14-2015, 06:09 PM   #966
Pentaxian
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
The teaser site went live on 28 Sept with 4 shadowy 'preview' images.
I wonder when we will start to see more (no doubt still shadowy) images on that site.
I've always been a fan of Film Noire and shadowy images.
Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of hociR.... da Shadow do.
10-14-2015, 06:13 PM   #967
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by normhead Quote
Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of hociR.... da Shadow do.
Don't give Ricoh ideas.
I don't want a Pentax FF (Monochrome).
10-14-2015, 06:31 PM   #968
Kiwi Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Don't give Ricoh ideas.
I don't want a Pentax FF (Monochrome).
You do know that if you started a thread on that possibility based on the teaser site that it would easily get to 1000 comments.

To keep it moving along, you could provide speculation on how the specifications would compare with the Leica M Monochrome.

And also assorted additional speculation regarding Pentax bring out a new monochrome optimised full frame lens line up - yet to be shown on the roadmap