Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 265 Likes Search this Thread
09-18-2015, 01:13 AM   #61

QuoteOriginally posted by kenspo Quote
Pentax answer on the question around being behind schedule:

"No, we are on schedule. But we have decided to enrich some functions and specifications furthermore to satisfy our customers.
We are expecting different launching schedule from previous announcement considering the time we need to develop."
Well... more time to save money

09-18-2015, 01:14 AM - 1 Like   #62
Veteran Member

"No, we are on schedule. But we have decided to enrich some functions and specifications furthermore to satisfy our customers.
We are expecting different launching schedule from previous announcement considering the time we need to develop."
I usually buy something nice for myself for christmas.
What am i going to buy now? :-)
09-18-2015, 01:17 AM   #63
Pentaxian

Marketing guys are like cats: they always fall on their feet.

They would have been on schedule, should have they launched the product that they planned to, but decided to "enrich some functions and specifications furthermore" to "satisfy [their] customers."

Put the other way around, it means that the original product lacked some functions and specifications and wouldn't have satisfied customers .

Last edited by Mistral75; 09-18-2015 at 01:30 AM.
09-18-2015, 01:20 AM   #64
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I'm prepared to wait, but my FAs and K55/1.8 show no patience at all!

Seriously, I can wait until April or May next year, if it means I'll get a well-engineered and reliable camera. I have confidence now in Ricoh, that they will get it right and release a photographer's camera that will be even more of a joy to use than my K-5II.

09-18-2015, 01:22 AM   #65
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Foxbat Quote
From similar thread on another forum:

Huh?
Apparently he just deleted his comment.
09-18-2015, 01:22 AM - 1 Like   #66
Veteran Member

Answer on if the product is correct one on the pics:

"There are some parts which are not the final shape because we have to protect our rights for registration of design.
In this time, we are going to answer "No" including the reasons why we cannot reply the question."
09-18-2015, 01:28 AM   #67
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
It's a little disappointing that the new body won't be available for another six months, but I'm one of the group who decided to wait a little after launch before deciding to buy, so it's no big issue for me. The news that additional features are being added is welcome.

Thinking about the overall situation, especially the slowdown in the Chinese economy and how that's affecting Western economies, I suspect there's a bit of breathing space for Ricoh in there as well, as far as the market for this new camera is concerned. Sony and Canon can throw as many new models out as they like, but I really doubt the conditions are ideal for a great uptake. Nikon, I expect to be more conservative, and not respond rashly to the Canon hype about pixel counts, though I doubt Sony's going to undertake a corporate personality change any time soon.

From the February announcement, we all knew that having it out by November was going to be a close-run thing, just from a logistical viewpoint, and I'm willing to bet that supply chain issues had more to do with this delay than Ricoh will admit to. I'd be really surprised if the Shake Reduction mechanism had anything to do with this delay.

At least we know there's a 35FF coming, with a Pentax name on it and without the body bloat that Canon and Nikon's offerings have.

09-18-2015, 01:32 AM   #68
Pentaxian

"There are some parts which are not the final shape because we have to protect our rights for registration of design.
In this time, we are going to answer "No" including the reasons why we cannot reply the question."
I cannot confirm nor deny this statement.
09-18-2015, 01:36 AM - 1 Like   #69
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Didn't they stopped using the PENTAX.COM site?

Maybe they stopped paying for it and some Russian grabbel it just for fun........ Is that possible Ogl?
pentax.com was died after Hoya, and it revives now by holy spirit of Ricoh
09-18-2015, 01:38 AM - 1 Like   #70
Veteran Member

In all honesty, I am a little disappointed and perhaps even more scared that they've cut the branch under their feet with this step...

On the other hand, that advert says: Full Frame by PENTAX... by PENTAX is much stronger than PENTAX.

PENTAX is a brand in Ricoh's possession and by that logic, the FF cannot be 'made by PENTAX'. 'by PENTAX' implies that the PENTAX company is back in business... at least to me... well, we know it's not, but it just shows the strong commitment to the brand by Ricoh... which has now been undermined by the postponement
09-18-2015, 01:38 AM   #71
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by grispie Quote
I usually buy something nice for myself for christmas.
What am i going to buy now? :-)
Do you already have all the Limited and Star lenses? If so, maybe buy yourself a ticket to a place you have never been.
09-18-2015, 01:38 AM   #72
npc
Veteran Member

Funny, it's not like everyone else is waiting for PENTAX to release a FF camera so they can copy it.
Besides, they already showed the prototype so to make this kind of darkened teaser like everybody else is little pointless.
09-18-2015, 01:41 AM - 1 Like   #73
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by npc Quote
Funny, it's not like everyone else is waiting for PENTAX to release a FF camera so they can copy it.
Besides, they already showed the prototype so to make this kind of darkened teaser like everybody else is little pointless.
And why wouldn't a company copy Pentax? Big competitor or not a good idea is a good idea.
09-18-2015, 01:43 AM   #74
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by davidsladek Quote
In all honesty, I am a little disappointed and perhaps even more scared that they've cut the branch under their feet with this step...

On the other hand, that advert says: Full Frame by PENTAX... by PENTAX is much stronger than PENTAX.

PENTAX is a brand in Ricoh's possession and by that logic, the FF cannot be 'made by PENTAX'. 'by PENTAX' implies that the PENTAX company is back in business... at least to me... well, we know it's not, but it just shows the strong commitment to the brand by Ricoh... which has now been undermined by the postponement
It's because Ricoh are about to incorporate the Pentax business into a subsidiary so as to divest it more easily.
09-18-2015, 01:44 AM   #75
ogl
Banned

don't we think that the shape of prism looks a bit strange...?
or it's just design

---------- Post added 09-18-2015 at 01:47 AM ----------

compare

Last edited by ogl; 09-18-2015 at 01:51 AM.