Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-18-2015, 01:47 AM - 2 Likes   #76
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Marketing guys are like cats: they always fall on their feet. They would have been on schedule, should have they launched the product that they planned to, but decided to "enrich some functions and specifications furthermore" to "satisfy [their] customers." Put the other way around, it means that the original product lacked some functions and specifications and wouldn't have satisfied customers .
In my company, when our new products have bugs, marketing call it unexpected new features :-)

09-18-2015, 01:49 AM   #77
ogl
Banned

Photos: Gallery | Albums
09-18-2015, 01:53 AM   #78
Veteran Member

Ricoh made official announcement, promises to Kenspro and probably to some other pros.
Saying that it's normal and on schedule not to respect it is a bad thing when all we need is confidence in the brand to keep investing in it. I got some after the announcement and I bought some DFA lenses, I feel a bit fooled today.
PentaxIsDooomed!™
09-18-2015, 01:55 AM   #79
Veteran Member

For what it's worth, I pulled these and k-3ii photos into photoshop and equalised them using the inside K-mount circumference. It looks to me like they're projecting at this stage to add about 1-2cm to the overall body height all the way along. Looking at these 4 shots some of them do look a little odd, especially the angled one of the eyepiece (there's nowhere near enough camera body length to the left).

Since Pentax said anyway this isn't the final shape, I'm not too sure whether it's really worth getting all that excited about these photos, and reading much into them.

Last edited by Nass; 09-18-2015 at 02:02 AM.
09-18-2015, 01:58 AM   #80
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/169-pentax-full-frame/300393-when-do-you-...ame-shops.html

in this poll only 6 other people beside myself chose April 2016
09-18-2015, 02:02 AM   #81
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
All good. I was hoping for 6 Oct but only because of expectation. Oh well, I can save a little longer.
09-18-2015, 02:03 AM   #82
Inactive Account

Kenspo thanks for keeping us updated about Ricoh's answers.

09-18-2015, 02:04 AM   #83
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by biz-engineer Quote
LoL, I guessed it, they've started working on it from scratch this year when they announced it (not in 2013 or 2014 "we are working on it... bulls**t" as they claimed), so, clearly, the engineers could not keep the schedule. In fact they need about one year to design and release a new camera.
Wrong. They started in 2012, which was also the year they told us about it.
And it takes 3+ years to make a new camera. This was confirmed by other manufacturers.
09-18-2015, 02:07 AM - 1 Like   #84

QuoteOriginally posted by grahame Quote
Nice. Not much bigger than k5 at all, similar to k3, only bigger forehead?
If only the camera had been available before halloween, I'd get a couple frankenstein neck bolts and put them on either side of the viewfinder prism, then go around trolling all the other proud DSLR owners I know...

;-)
09-18-2015, 02:14 AM - 1 Like   #85
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Krizu Quote
Kenspo thanks for keeping us updated about Ricoh's answers.
Pleasure is mine
09-18-2015, 02:16 AM   #86
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Kunzite Quote
Wrong. They started in 2012, which was also the year they told us about it. And it takes 3+ years to make a new camera. This was confirmed by other manufacturers.
Lol you are the best !
09-18-2015, 02:16 AM   #87
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Foxbat Quote
Originally posted by asahi man:
Anybody missed the manually aperture simulator?
I think asahiman is pointing out that the old K-mount manual aperture lever isn't visible in the FF mockup. Have they gotten rid of it? Would suggest major modifications to K-mount in the FF, and no mechanical stop-down anymore. KAF4 time?

Neither are the power-zoom contacts visible either, for that matter. If so, lots of functionality for some [SDM and other] lenses may be lost.

Worrying.
09-18-2015, 02:24 AM   #88
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by RonHendriks1966 Quote
Well this is no surprise to me. They had nothing and I still think don't have the tool to make shake reduction work for the bigger and heavier sensor module. Maybe Sony wouldn't sell it to the little Pentax.

Is this the start of the end? I don't know, but I sold almost all my Pentax gear 3 months ago.
You have been well inspired i'm affraid.
I bet we will see bunches of Pentax gear unloads on E-bay and other sites, as from now.
09-18-2015, 02:25 AM - 1 Like   #89
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
I think asahiman is pointing out that the old K-mount manual aperture lever isn't visible in the FF mockup. Have they gotten rid of it? Would suggest major modifications to K-mount in the FF, and no mechanical stop-down anymore. KAF4 time?

Neither are the power-zoom contacts visible either, for that matter. If so, lots of functionality for some [SDM and other] lenses may be lost.

Worrying.
asahi man has deleted his comment and the pictures are mere renderings with only "surface" details.
09-18-2015, 02:32 AM   #90
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
Apparently he just deleted his comment.
Yes, you are correct. Weird

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote

Worrying.
Highly unlikely. IIRC, D-FA 150-450 still have both aperture lever and power zoom contacts (same thing for D-FA* 70-210). Besides, Ricoh has stated, that they are testing older lenses to make sure which will need to be used in crop mode and previous lenses need aperture lever and power zoom.

I was wondering whether asahi man post was related to possible de-crippling of K mount maybe? But he has since deleted his post, which adds even more room for speculation - was he too fast to post this info or just asking?