Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 265 Likes Search this Thread
09-18-2015, 04:35 AM   #136
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Dan Rentea Quote
As for this secrecy regarding the specs of the full frame, I think it's not quite a smart decision because:
1. No one buys K-S2, K-3/K-3 II anymore because everybody is interested in full frame, and prices drop each and every day for crop cameras.
2. There are a lot of people which were willing to wait until november (the first release date announced by Ricoh), but the number of those will continue to drop because at this moment we can't be sure that when spring comes Ricoh will say that the full frame will be available in stores in early autumn 2016.
there you go...
credibility at stake. Don't think professionals will be impressed.

09-18-2015, 04:36 AM   #137
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
The Mount looks exactly the same on the pic

(...)
I am afraid it does not:

- no aperture coupling lever
- no SDM/DC (a.k.a. PowerZoom) contacts.

Again, it's only a computer-generated rendering with no details concerning the insides of the camera and which people should not infer too much from.
09-18-2015, 04:37 AM - 1 Like   #138
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by D1N0 Quote
But no OBF why aren't people angry yet
If you look closely at the graphic rendering of the mockup, there aren't even any visible contacts in the fake hot shoe. Flash doesn't seem a selling point.
09-18-2015, 04:38 AM   #139
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Might the disappearance of the 70-200/2.8 (plus no sighting of a new normal ff zoom) and this new delay be linked? Brings to mind the possibility of a major change to the K-mount.
That might be no bad thing if any changes make it much more of a mount for high-speed, mirrorless-type operations in the future. The longer the Pentax FF saga takes, the more the window closes on the whole story of the DSLR and, one presumes, with it the chances of recouping all that investment over, say, five or seven years. Personally I would not be all that surprised if this present incarnation never sees the light of day. If in the meantime Canon or Nikon announce a major next-generation camera, Ricoh might well decide that launching an old-school mirror-based FF platform is no longer viable and pull the whole thing. It could be that these delays and rumours of mount modifications mean they are getting jittery anyway as they watch national economies falter. It's all terribly late in the day to launch anything like this; three years ago or more would have been nearer the mark, imho.

Last edited by mecrox; 09-18-2015 at 05:23 AM.
09-18-2015, 04:40 AM - 1 Like   #140
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
stuff (instead of that other word) Asahiman says on the dark forum:

QuoteQuote:
It's official,this year we get first informations and a new glass.
Best regards

When I see the reactions of Pentax during the lot's of talks about this new system,I think it will be the new heart of Pentax,above the glorious 645 system.
Best regards

That's the plan.
First press release October.
Last information about this is from July.
Best regards

and this one is a bit cryptic:
No,for Samsung.
But Samsung is cancel the photo section,so I have to go back to Canon,maybe Leica ��
Wait till the 6.October ��
And if you count my little mistakes,you better should count the hits ��
Best regards and good night ��
make of it what you will

---------- Post added 18-09-15 at 13:44 ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I am afraid it does not:

Again, it's only a computer-generated rendering with no details concerning the insides of the camera and which people should not infer too much from.
I am inferring it has a shutter button, though I can't see it. That's how bold I am!
09-18-2015, 04:47 AM   #141

PentaxIsDooomed!™

Wow! What a parade of Pentax/Ricoh Bashers. The BorisCletoButton™ is going to get a real workout.

I would think that Ricoh would want to release an entire system as Pentax has always done in the past. So it takes a little longer to have a larger line up of lenses and accessories. Imagine a full auto bellows that supports auto focus and auto stop down or new extension tubes with all the contacts....

Last edited by Not a Number; 09-18-2015 at 04:52 AM.
09-18-2015, 04:52 AM - 2 Likes   #142
Pentaxian

Expectation postponed is making the heart sick, but the thing desired is a tree of life when it does come.” (Proverbs 13:12)

09-18-2015, 04:55 AM - 2 Likes   #143
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Not a Number Quote
PentaxIsDooomed!™
Wow! What a parade of Pentax/Ricoh Bashers. The BorisCletoButton™ is going to get a real workout.
Yes, there is an amazing amount of speculation and rumour derived from a 'teaser' webpage.

We might as well say simply that Ricoh is tweaking the design to ensure "Improved stability for general performance."

- Craig
09-18-2015, 04:56 AM   #144
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mistral75 Quote
I am afraid it does not:

Those must be hints something is changing. A car company wouldn't show a teaser photo of a new car with the steering wheel missing and then release it with the same basic steering wheel every car has had for over 100 years. Same with the K-mount aperture lever.

One possibility is they are going to an all-electronic mount and are still working out the kinks with all of the backward compatibility issues. Regarding the 70-200/2.8, Ricoh said they wanted to improve the performance so they pulled it. If optical performance was all they were doing, doesn't it seem they would have completed that well before now? Let's remember every day that lens is not on the market is cash not in Ricoh's pocket.
09-18-2015, 04:57 AM   #145
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I guess the B&H February, 2016 ship date for the 70~200/2.8 pre-orders was more accurate than we thought.
09-18-2015, 05:00 AM - 1 Like   #146
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

My real bet is the disarray in the Chinese economy (which affects the entire Pacific basin) has more to do with this than we know. Add to that the current slow down in Japan and - given rumors that 50% of Pentax sales are Japan sales - well you can guess as well as I can.
09-18-2015, 05:00 AM   #147
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Lotsa complaints here, and I'm certainly disappointed the FF won't be here in October, but I'd rather wait for a fully developed, flaw-free body than get a quick-fix on something that will be perfected in a II version released 6 months later.
09-18-2015, 05:04 AM   #148
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by WPRESTO Quote
Lotsa complaints here, and I'm certainly disappointed the FF won't be here in October, but I'd rather wait for a fully developed, flaw-free body than get a quick-fix on something that will be perfected in a II version released 6 months later.
Considering this is their first FF release it needs to be flawless as well, especially in such an already conjested market. I don't think there is any risk in waiting, just a small amount of bellyachers.

I am a bit dissapointed myself because I really wanted to see it (and to get some cheap APSC gear )
09-18-2015, 05:10 AM   #149
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by IchabodCrane Quote
Those must be hints something is changing. A car company wouldn't show a teaser photo of a new car with the steering wheel missing and then release it with the same basic steering wheel every car has had for over 100 years. Same with the K-mount aperture lever.

One possibility is they are going to an all-electronic mount and are still working out the kinks with all of the backward compatibility issues. Regarding the 70-200/2.8, Ricoh said they wanted to improve the performance so they pulled it. If optical performance was all they were doing, doesn't it seem they would have completed that well before now? Let's remember every day that lens is not on the market is cash not in Ricoh's pocket.
It must also be a mirrorless camera, as there is no mirror in any of the images.
09-18-2015, 05:27 AM   #150
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Fogel70 Quote
It must also be a mirrorless camera, as there is no mirror in any of the images.
It's dark inside the mirror box so we don't know what is or isn't there (or what might be flipped up). What we think we do know is the images have the aperture lever missing.